Grand prix final predictions? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Grand prix final predictions?

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
But without a coach preparing Hanyu for the GPF I don’t think he will be able to skate a clean SP again at GPF. I think Patrick and Daisuke are locks for gold and silver. As for bronze perhaps you should predict Javier? since he will have Orser’s full attention preparing him for the GPF, and I’m expecting him to do well there. And don’t forget Kozuka who beat Hanyu at SA.

We will see but Hanyu falling and making mistakes still easily beat Takahashi at NHK, so I dont see him as certain to beat Hanyu at all. Chan has not skated well enough this season to be a "lock" for the gold either.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
B/L should get 0 for their SBS jumps. What is pair skating if they don't even attempt to jump SBS?
Their PCS should never be that high. SS is rather weak, TR might be their only high score, IN should be in the 4s, CH should be in the 5s for being so bland and boring, PE should be in the 4s. They have as much connection as two parallel lines. It's a shame to see them scoring so well. The scoring system is so broken, especially PCS.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
B/L should get 0 for their SBS jumps. What is pair skating if they don't even attempt to jump SBS?
Their PCS should never be that high. SS is rather weak, TR might be their only high score, IN should be in the 4s, CH should be in the 5s for being so bland and boring, PE should be in the 4s. They have as much connection as two parallel lines. It's a shame to see them scoring so well. The scoring system is so broken, especially PCS.

No connection but perfect unison.
Flattfan, thank you for making me laugh.

katia

On the Ice
Hanyu seems to have a large margin of error on both Takahashi and Fernandez right now. The SP is the key for him. If he skates a clean SP he will be unbeatable by all in that phase probably, including Chan, and will have such a lead on Takahashi and Fernandez he will be almost guaranteed atleast silver.

Don't think so.
He got 1st place in Japan because he is younger than Takahashi and Japanese federation, like the Russians, think about next year. He is a male "Mao Asada".:biggrin:

TelmoFe

Rinkside
Men:
1 - Hanyu
2- Chan
3- Fernandez
4- Kozuka
5- Takahashi
6- Machida

Ladies:
1- Wagner
2- Suzuki
3- Tuktamysheva
4- Asada
5- Lipnitskaya
6- Korpi

Pairs:
1- Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
2- Qing PANG / Jian TONG
3- Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
4- Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
5- Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV
6- Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH

Dance:
1- Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
2- Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
3- Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
4- Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
5- Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
6- Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Men:
1 - Hanyu
2- Chan
3- Fernandez
4- Kozuka
5- Takahashi
6- Machida

Ladies:
1- Wagner
2- Suzuki
3- Tuktamysheva
4- Asada
5- Lipnitskaya
6- Korpi

Pairs:
1- Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV
2- Qing PANG / Jian TONG
3- Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
4- Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
5- Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV
6- Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH

Dance:
1- Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
2- Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
3- Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
4- Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
5- Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
6- Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV

I'd like a different men's podium (ie something with Takahashi on the podium, even though I don't dig his programs as much this year and wouldn't necessarily weep if he didn't win)- but otherwise, these placements are exactly what I'd want to see!!

*crosses fingers and toes*

yqs100

On the Ice
Men's

1. Chan
2. Hanyu
3. Daisuke

Ladies'
1. Mao
2. American
3. Suzuki

Pairs
1. P/T
2. V/T
3. D/R

Dance
1.D/W
2.V/M
3.P/B

TelmoFe

Rinkside
I'd like a different men's podium (ie something with Takahashi on the podium, even though I don't dig his programs as much this year and wouldn't necessarily weep if he didn't win)- but otherwise, these placements are exactly what I'd want to see!!

*crosses fingers and toes*

I want Takahashi on the podium, but I don't think that this will happen. These predictions are my honest opinion, not my wishes places. But a good competition will be.

mousepotato

On the Ice
No connection but perfect unison.
Flattfan, thank you for making me laugh.

Perfect unison?!? Not even close on either jumps, see the links. They really only have a great twist and the landing isn't as fluid as it could be, he holds her for a second to long before setting her down. People look at her so much in the lifts they forget about Yuri. She even had trouble landing the throws. They got easy competitions this season. When the judges see them up against the best of the rest, they may not be too giving in the PCS department.

1. V/T (it’s theirs to lose and it’s possible)
2-5 either P/T, K/S, D/R or B/L depending on the day of mistakes
6. MT/M (they will be dead last unless they are better than they have ever been and someone else messes up badly or gets hurt.)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Perfect unison?!? Not even close on either jumps, see the links. They really only have a great twist and the landing isn't as fluid as it could be, he holds her for a second to long before setting her down. People look at her so much in the lifts they forget about Yuri. She even had trouble landing the throws. They got easy competitions this season. When the judges see them up against the best of the rest, they may not be too giving in the PCS department.

1. V/T (it’s theirs to lose and it’s possible)
2-5 either P/T, K/S, D/R or B/L depending on the day of mistakes
6. MT/M (they will be dead last unless they are better than they have ever been and someone else messes up badly or gets hurt.)

I think it was a poor attempt to be snarky by the poster.
I said B/L had as much connection as two parallel lines.
The poster followed up by saying that means they had perfect unison. The problem with this "logic" is if A implies B, and B is a subset of {B,C}, A also implies C. Clearly, his left side of the brain practiced too many triple twists.

paircheck

Final Flight
1st... i am so sad that S/S cannot compete...

2nd predictions:

1. V/T - but i dont like thei sp + fp... their style and look iss soo theatrlic... esspecially max...but they can do plenty of mistakes, the judges and their federation gonna raise them up with 3 falls (CoR) .-)
2. D/R - i like that they are taking risks (3 Lutz sbs) .. you cannot move up if you are not taking risks... an d they are improving every year
3. B/L - their sp + fp are boooring as every year.. they have such poor jumps... and vera.. pls eat something!!!
4.) K/S - 4STh??? why?? they sould better improve their 3T3T seq... and take care of their health... their federation is putting them behind B/L surely
5.) P/T - are they fit .. with 2T sbs they have no chance in the final... they have over years no improvement in their elements... poor
6.) M-T/M - well i think they have a great potential, but they are too inconsistant... and if they wanna get up.. pls change coaches!!!

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I think it was a poor attempt to be snarky by the poster.
I said B/L had as much connection as two parallel lines.
The poster followed up by saying that means they had perfect unison. The problem with this "logic" is if A implies B, and B is a subset of {B,C}, A also implies C. Clearly, his left side of the brain practiced too many triple twists.

Hi!
Sorry, it was just a joke. Two parallel lines must be in unison, figuratively speaking. They are going in the same direction.

fallingsk8er

On the Ice
I always like making predictions on the GPF. Here goes:

Men:
Yuzuru - Judges seem to like him as much as Chan
Fernandez - He has good programs this year
Chan - He's got the most difficult programs and he always takes longer to peak.

Ladies
Wagner - She'll win everything this year; shes unbeatable when compared to any of the others
Suzuki - She will get the benefit of the doubt form the judges after NHK
Asada - Great programs this year

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Grand Prix Final predictions (not just wishes!):

Men:
1. Patrick Chan (he's not as unbeatable-looking as last season, but I still think he has enough to win)
2. Yuzuru Hanyu (he beat Dai at NHK, so that's the main reason why I have him beating Dai here)
3. Daisuke Takahashi (See Yuzuru. Although, it would be great for Dai if he could beat Yuzu here right before Nats)
4. Javier Fernandez (I am loving this guy, and I think he will be very close to the podium, but just edged out for a medal)
5. Takahiko Kozuka (he's coming back very well from a rough season, but I don't think he's quite there just yet)
6. Tatsuki Machida (such a deep men's field, and to me, he just isn't on the level of the other five men here)

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
Ladies:
1. Ashley Wagner (this would be a huge victory for her, I just hope she can live up to expectations)
2. Akiko Suzuki (she has great programs this year, and she is after that gold medal she hasn't gotten this season)
3. Mao Asada (she will have to improve from NHK, but when she's on, she's on another level)
4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (she'll have the crowd behind her here, otherwise I may have put her lower)
5. Kiira Korpi (surprised me by making it to the Final, she could take 4th, but I don't think so)
6. Christina Gao (I'm happy she gets the spot, but I'm afraid the pressure might get to her.)

FTnoona

Final Flight
Men:
1. Chan - he hasn't skated a clean SP yet; if he does, i don't think Yuzu will have the SP lead
2. Fernandez - i just feel like he is going to redeem himself after his last FS
3. Kozuka - he beat Yuzu at SA, so definitely capable of putting up the numbers
4. Takahashi - not been a good jumping season for him so far, hope he can turn that around
5. Hanyu - not training with Orser until GPF might take a toll on the good SP streak he has going
6. Machida - if everyone hits their quads in the SP, he is going to be quite behind;

Nadia01

Final Flight
Don't think so.
He got 1st place in Japan because he is younger than Takahashi and Japanese federation, like the Russians, think about next year. He is a male "Mao Asada".:biggrin:

True, but unlike Mao, he's landing big jumps (quads, 3A, 3/3, etc.).

missysays

On the Ice
Men:
1. Chan (more vulnerable this year but at this point in season I think he's still the one to beat)
2. Hanyu (that sp is amazing but he still hasn't figured out how to pull it together for the lp yet- so I'm putting him 2nd for now but maybe by worlds...)
3. Takahashi (he's pacing himself so i think he can still make the podium though if he has a bad skate Kozuka or Fernandez could sneak in and steal that podium spot)

Ladies:
Ugh- I don't care! Nobody interests me here.

Pairs:
1. V/T
2. K/S
3. P/T

Dance:
1. D/W (this may be the only chance they have to win over V/M this season- i hope they win the SD at the very least bc i think it's the best out of all the SD's this season. Ultimately, I think it will be hard for them to win Worlds in Canada this year.)
2. V/M (if they've had time to fix some of the technical problem areas then i could see them taking top spot)
3. P/B

deedee1

Record Breaker
Dance
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Davis/White
3. Bobrova/Soloviev

Pairs
1. Zovosozhar/Trankov
2. Bazarova/Larionov
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

Ladies