My predictions for some of the podiums. Without Universal Sports, I did not see any pairs at all, so I can't tell you that.
For the women:
1. Ashley Wagner. Like Alissa and Jeremy Abbott, she'll get this, but will she medal at Worlds? Those two never did.
2. Akiko. The judges like her type of skating. Should do well
3. Mao. These three can come in any order, though. Mao may win if she lands the axel.
1. Patrick. He'll fall, but still win.
2. Yuzuru. He'll fall but still come in 2nd.
3. Daisuke. He won't fall, but the judges will get mad at something else.
1. Virtue and Moir. It will be close, but they will be come up ahead of Davis and White
2. Davis and White
3. Don't know. Again, didn't see much on tv this year.
LOL!V/T will step onto the ice and on top of the podium in the same moment.
Sorry I definitely dont see that.Patrick Chan: Improved artistry
Definitely a contradiction on my part. A good skate by Mao is definitely podium worthy. Definitely some hopediction there re: Suzuki.
Nor do I, truthfully, but everyone else seems to see it. But I find him better in that department than his internet-rep, so take that with a grain of salt.
1) Chan (improved artistry? Puccini's music may give that impression)
2) Hanyu (despite all his shortcomings)
3) Dai (despite his artistry)
1) Wagner (she is not my personal preference)
2) Asada (if she can double convinsingly)
3) suzuki (even if she singles the lutz in the short)
1) V/T (give them better programmes)
2) P/T (if they land their jumps)
3) D/R (not very artistic but tech will help)
1) V/M (I don't know why they always beat D/W)
2) D/W (I don't know what they are lacking)
3) not sure
V/M have never beaten D/W at this competition, fwiw. Last season, they were evenly matched with victories with 2 each.