Grand prix final predictions? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Grand prix final predictions?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Why the different approaches before GPF and JN? Could it be Orser is giving up on GPF and skip to JN? or JN is more difficult that Hanyu thinks he can’t make the top three? I don’t know what to think if Hanyu stays in Sendai and not go to Toronto to prepare for GPF just because he has to take exams. He has a good chance of medal or even gold at GPF if he prepares well for it. To give away the chance for the exam is :confused: If I were him I wouldn’t do that.

To me, a National champion is bigger than a GPF champion at least in the country any skater belongs to. So it's understandable if Hanyu wants to focus on Japan Nationals more than GPF. Then after the JN, he can focus on the Worlds.

giulia95

Medalist
What Yuzuru said at the end was: "ato ha mata modotte renshu shitaina to omotte imasu"
ie After this I want to return (where? not clear) and practise.
He certainly didn't say in this clip that he wanted to CONTINUE practising HERE IN SENDAI.

thank you so much for translation!:)

mary01

Final Flight
To me, a National champion is bigger than a GPF champion at least in the country any skater belongs to. So it's understandable if Hanyu wants to focus on Japan Nationals more than GPF. Then after the JN, he can focus on the Worlds.[/QUOTE/

well it depends on which national title, we are talking about!

in this case i think the Japanese nationals (especially Men's competition) is probably going to be more intense then worlds, japan has such an incredibly deep field, just looking at how many of the Japanese men made it to the finals says it all, so i agree I think the Japanese national title is worth just as much as a GPF title, when looking at who is competing there, there is little wonder why japanese nationals is one of the most exciting nationals to watch (atleast or me), I wonder why such an important competition isn't aired live? it's really such an important competition and i wish they would stream the same way that the GP events are streamed, i always have a hard time finding out how I'm suppost to watch this competition!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Will it be shown on Japan TV, which is on a number of cable providers in the US? NHK was shown. (Check the International channels from your provider to find out which channels are available. You could add it for the month of December :) )

Ice Diva

On the Ice
My Grand Prix Predictions -- but of course anything can happen & that's what makes it so exciting.

Men:
1. Patrick CHAN CAN
2. Javier FERNANDEZ ESP
3. Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN
4. Takahiko KOZUKA JPN
5. Yuzuru HANYU JPN
6. Tatsuki MACHIDA JPN

Ladies:
1. Ashley WAGNER USA
2. Kiira Korpi FIN
3. Akiko SUZUKI JPN
4. Mao ASADA JPN