Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: News/Reports-NHK Trophy

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,769

    News/Reports-NHK Trophy

    Prior to the actual competition starts on Friday, Akiko, Mirai and Dice (Murakami ) visited a Junior High School which was severly damaged by the Earthquake in March 2011 today!

    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...p-spo.view-000
    Last edited by deedee1; 11-21-2012 at 09:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,799
    There is also Mirai in the photo! So cute...

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    155
    Any practice reports yet? Rooting for Mirai to top the podium. She needs it to be considered again among the top contenders in the world. She was the bronze medalist in the last Vancouver Olympics had it not been for the passing of Joannie's mom or not in Canada.

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    133
    Is that some kind of a joke. You can't be serious.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by bixby View Post
    Any practice reports yet?
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...2-1050301.html
    According to the above, Hanyu and Takahashi landed a quad during official practice this morning. Says both appear in a great shape.

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/n...2-1050301.html
    According to the above, Hanyu and Takahashi landed a quad during official practice this morning. Says both appear in a great shape.
    Thanks!!!

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,769
    Scroll down a bit, then you will find photos from official practice Thursday.

    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/20...180000-n1.html

  8. #8
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,698
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Prior to the actual competition starts on Friday, Akiko, Mirai and Dice (Murakami ) visited a Junior High School which was severly damaged by the Earthquake in March 2011 today!

    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...p-spo.view-000
    Mirai Nagasu ‏@mirai_nagasu tweeted another group photo showing a lot more of the students they visited.
    Visiting a school in Sendai! Although we went to their school to cheer the kids on, the kids ended up being the ones who inspired us. They have done an incredible job rebuilding their city http://instagr.am/p/SWI9o7i5Xa/
    1:03 PM - 22 Nov 12·
    https://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/sta...20706067267584

    Bravo to the kids for their resilience.
    Seems that Nagasu was able to channel the inspiration that they gave her into her SP.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Mirai Nagasu ‏@mirai_nagasu tweeted another group photo showing a lot more of the students they visited.
    Visiting a school in Sendai! Although we went to their school to cheer the kids on, the kids ended up being the ones who inspired us. They have done an incredible job rebuilding their city http://instagr.am/p/SWI9o7i5Xa/
    1:03 PM - 22 Nov 12·
    https://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/sta...20706067267584

    Bravo to the kids for their resilience.
    Seems that Nagasu was able to channel the inspiration that they gave her into her SP.
    It's lovely of Mirai to tweet like that. ...especially for me to know it, after watching such a cold-sweating/nerve-wracking competition.
    Thanks a lot, golden411!

  10. #10
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,698
    deedee, are/were you in Sendai attending NHK in person? Or at home glued to a screen with cold sweats and nerves on edge all the same? Either way, thanks as always for your posts.

    Silly off-topic questions for you (if you happen to know the answers):
    Is "domo arigato" the origin of the mascot's name "Domo"? And who is the other mascot? https://twitter.com/Max_Settlage/sta...89728684638208

  11. #11
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,542
    There is a Japanese channel on some Comcasts & on my tiny cable provider. It is carrying NHK, but unfortunately, I didn't even know it existed until this week. I have to figure out how much it will cost me to get it in time for the JGPF

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Is "domo arigato" the origin of the mascot's name "Domo"? And who is the other mascot? https://twitter.com/Max_Settlage/sta...89728684638208
    Yes yes, I am one of those who at home glued to a screen with cold sweats and nerves on edge this weekend, leaving all cooking/dishwashing/laudry/cleaning etc. to their 'sweet' husbands.

    You are right about the origin of 'Domo', I think. The other characters are named: Usajii and Ta-chan.
    http://www.nhk.or.jp/domo/character/index.html

  13. #13
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,698
    Alex Shibutani ‏@AlexShibutani
    Team USA bronze medalists looking sharp at #NHK2012  http://instagr.am/p/Sg--0qQm5H/
    6:03 PM - 26 Nov 12

    Duh, until I saw this photo, I had not put it together that Team USA swept the bronze medals at NHK. Congratulations to all (and to Davis/White).

    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Yes yes, I am one of those who at home glued to a screen with cold sweats and nerves on edge this weekend, leaving all cooking/dishwashing/laudry/cleaning etc. to their 'sweet' husbands.

    You are right about the origin of 'Domo', I think. The other characters are named: Usajii and Ta-chan.
    http://www.nhk.or.jp/domo/character/index.html
    Thanks very much for your reply and link, deedee. Apologies that I hadn't noticed that you already had mentioned in another thread that you would be closely following all the NHK events from home. Good thing that your husband is so accommodating.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •