News/Reports-NHK Trophy | Golden Skate

News/Reports-NHK Trophy

bixby

Final Flight
Any practice reports yet? Rooting for Mirai to top the podium. She needs it to be considered again among the top contenders in the world. She was the bronze medalist in the last Vancouver Olympics had it not been for the passing of Joannie's mom or not in Canada.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I did not know where to put this. Mods feel free to move.

ONLINE TIME (live) EVENT -EASTERN STANDARD TIME

Friday, Nov. 23 1:05am ET Ice Dance Short Dance
Friday, Nov. 23 2:45am ET Men’s Short Program
Friday, Nov. 23 5:15am ET Ladies Short Program
Friday, Nov. 23 10:00pm ET Pairs Short Program
Friday, Nov. 23 11:50pm ET Ice Dance Free Dance
Saturday, Nov. 24 2:00am ET Men’s Free Skating
Saturday, Nov. 24 5:00am ET Ladies Free Skating
Saturday, Nov. 24 11:05pm ET Pairs Free Skating

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thanks, demarinis5.

I copied the times and made a thread in the NHK forum and stuck it so everyone can check.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
^ NHK is covering the stuff quite well, I can't follow everything, pity that's a good deal is on BS channel, that's not on KeyHole, so people outside Japan can't see it. Here's more from today:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax7ZQKnmckc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF7bL6zJOls (start at 3:14)

I've got a VPN with a Japanese server setting, so I can be inside Japan, virtually speaking. Do you have the specific links to anything online that is free to Japanese IP addresses?

aemeraldrainc

Final Flight

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Yes, that's Ota.

In Japan most of LIVE will be on BS NHK, not the general NHK channel, and BS is a pay channel, I don't think it's available online even with a Japanese IP.

More vid of practice: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do_oYU0jxEM
Three guys are planning combos with a quad in SP: Dai and Voronov- 4T-3T, Kevin- 4S-3T, the rest are planning a solo quad: 4T- Yuzu, Javi, Dorn, Andrei, 4S- Ross, Dice. Rippon is the only one with no quad planned in SP. No one is planning a combo with 3A, most of rest planned combos are 3L-3T except for Adam and Adrei- 3F-3T.

burntBREAD

Medalist
The men (and the ladies, now that 3A is recognized as the solo axel requirement for ladies as well) aren't allowed to do 3A combos since it's the solo requirement, I believe.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Prior to the actual competition starts on Friday, Akiko, Mirai and Dice (Murakami ;)) visited a Junior High School which was severly damaged by the Earthquake in March 2011 today!

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20121121-00000056-jijp-spo.view-000

Mirai Nagasu ‏@mirai_nagasu tweeted another group photo showing a lot more of the students they visited.
Visiting a school in Sendai! Although we went to their school to cheer the kids on, the kids ended up being the ones who inspired us. They have done an incredible job rebuilding their city http://instagr.am/p/SWI9o7i5Xa/
1:03 PM - 22 Nov 12·
https://twitter.com/mirai_nagasu/status/271720706067267584

Bravo to the kids for their resilience.
Seems that Nagasu was able to channel the inspiration that they gave her into her SP. :)