2012 NHK Men's Short Program SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Men's Short Program SP

auser

Record Breaker
Wow. Hanyu's artistry has really increased. Last season I admired his athleticism, but this program is so much more on many levels.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
YUZURU !!!!
My Prince is now A KING !

love the commentators: I hope Patrick Chan is watching this, lol

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Daisuke TAKAHASHI (JPN)

Music: Rock'n'Roll Medley (Hard Times) by Noble (Thin Man) Watts
The Stroll by Lawson Haggart Rockin' Band
Rudy's Rock by Bill Haley & The Comets

4T - hand down/stepout
FSSp
3Lz+3T
CCSp
3A - ok, a bit scratchy landing
StSq
CCoSp

Not perfect - he should go 3rd

Last edited:

missysays

On the Ice
I did not envy Daisuke skating after Yuzuru like that. It showed guts that he went after everything- too bad though that he had some mistakes. But a lesser man/skater would have fallen on that axel.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahashi
Scores: 87.47 (SB) and into 2nd.

I would have him behind Javi, but I didn't detect UR's on replay and he should beat him on PCS.

evangeline

Record Breaker
If Yuzuru can find a way not to completely run out of gas during his LP, he'd be unbeatable.

Wow.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Wow, Yuzuru. :eek:

Impossible to beat. I wonder about the free. Daisuke, I feel for you. That must have been so hard after Hanyu.

flaneur

On the Ice
good job brian orser!

i'm impressed with how both hanyu and fernandez have improved both their skating skills and conditioning

figuristka

Medalist
Wow Yuzuru is so good its scary. Feel almost sorry for Daisuke and Patrick for having to compete against him. I think if he continues this way it will be much harder for Patrick and Daisuke to catch up after the short even if they have a better free. I really love Patrick's artistry this year, and enjoy Daisuke's skating but Yuzuru and Javier are improving alot this season.

auser

Record Breaker
Wow. Fernandaz, Hanyu, Takahashi each breathtaking in their own way. This is why I feel privileged to be a skating fan.:clap::bow:

lavender

Record Breaker
I don't know about Dai but I think Chan would definitely win the long if good enough. Hanyu's short is great but his long (imo) doesn't compare to his own short prg or to Chan's long prg. However Hanyu will probably beat Chan in the short based on the scores he gets.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Wow. Fernandaz, Hanyu, Takahashi each breathtaking in their own way. This is why I feel privileged to be a skating fan.:clap::bow:

ITA. Those three plus Chan, Kozuka, Abbott and the other top men's skaters are making this discipline so awesome right now.