2012 NHK Men's Short Program SP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Men's Short Program SP

LRK

Record Breaker
Lacklustre beginning - but the last three really delivered. Great end to the short - now bring on the free! :)

lavender

Record Breaker
I wonder what scores Chan and Dai would get if they were clean in their short program since they get the highest pcs scores than anyone else.

figuristka

Medalist
I agree we are lucky to have all these wonderful men to watch. I do adore Patrick's free though, and still think his free is the better of the men this year. Yuzuru is a great young talent though. His short would be hard for anyone to beat.

deedee1

Record Breaker
I almost 'fainted' upon the landing of Dai's 3A...Glad it was over now.
:cry: to Dice Murakami's withdrawal. Reported that he right away went to the hospital. Hope he gets well soon.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
Yuzuru is an explosive mixture of talent and effort! His relaxed skate enabled me to watch him without anxiety. Immensely enjoyable skate.
Dai on the other hand was nervous, which made me nervous too. He was lucky with the score, one judge gave him +3 Goe for the 3A.
I cheer for "older" skaters; I am so glad they are still skating.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hanyu has problems in the LP with his stamina and sometimes when he falls he takes forever to get back up so he needs to be almost perfect in the SP.

apple123

On the Ice
Seriously, your guys saw Dai's and Hanyu's programs, and you think a wannabe deserved the same PCS as the real thing?

deedee1

Record Breaker
Loved Voronov's and Dornbush's SP as whole program. :)

If I were a judge, my placement would be 1. Hanyu 2. Fernandez then 3. Takahashi tonight.
What a shame one judge gave Dai +3 GOE for that 3A...
Feel sorry for Javier. Not only placing 3rd, he still has 9 points to catch up with the first place, in spite of his clean skate with perfect jumps. :no:

btw, Richard looks sophisticated and matured with that dark red shirt, doesn't he? I like it much better than the previous light blue one! :yes:

Loved Voronov's and Dornbush's SP as whole program. :)

If I were a judge, my placement would be 1. Hanyu 2. Fernandez then 3. Takahashi tonight.
What a shame one judge gave Dai +3 GOE for that 3A...
Feel sorry for Javier. Not only placing 3rd, he still has 9 points to catch up with the first place, in spite of his clean skate with perfect jumps. :no:

btw, Richard looks sophisticated and matured with that dark red shirt, doesn't he? I like it much better than the previous light blue one! :yes:

ITA with your every assessment, especially about Ricky. Only if he could up his darn consistency:(

Niki2012

Rinkside
The judge who gave 3 to Takahashi’s 3A is stupid, but so is the other judge who gave Hanyu 9.25 for his SS.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
The judge who gave 3 to Takahashi’s 3A is stupid, but so is the other judge who gave Hanyu 9.25 for his SS.

:disagree:

The +3 for Daisuke's 3A was probably a glitch, a mistake by the judge, most certainly not done on purpose. That is one of the reasons why the highest and lowest GOE is thrown out from the score. You can also explain why you think 9.25 for Hanyu's SS is too high before you call someone stupid. :rolleye:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Seriously, your guys saw Dai's and Hanyu's programs, and you think a wannabe deserved the same PCS as the real thing?
:laugh: Well, not all guys are into real thinigs. That's why the world has Haute Couture and jeans, Cuisine and food, gems and bijouterie, etc. Choosing some lousy blue, especially after Dai's Blues, was indeed the most mocking thing for Yuzu that Orser&Co could come up with. And in case of Hanyu this ridiculous mimicker policy of some manga level wasn't necessary at all since the kid is talanted enough to have his own IT-factor as last season proved. In PCS Hanyu was overscored, the same as in SA, while in fact his components should be closer to Javi. But in the first mark he was considerably better than Dai today and therefore should have won SP anyway, just with a lesser score. I am sure Dai himself and his fans like myself don't want him to win with mistakes over a better skated guy. I'll leave this privilege of misery to the ubers of another skater. In the interview to NHK Dai said that he made some mistakes and didn't skate his potential. Tomorrow he will do his best, he said. While Yuzu on the question about the score said that Orser told him Yuzu had been training more than before (in Sendai) and that's why he can beat Takahashi. Eh? Orser spoke about Dai and no Javi, who actually sends him paycheck too? If the coach doesn't consider Javi as Yuzu's rival, then what the Spanish is supposed to do I wonder. He was so lonely in K&C. :disapp: Also, baby Yuzu, no need to repeat some stupid things on camera, even if your coach told them to you. It's possible to get famous overnight, it's even more possible to lose people's love way faster. Follow your seniors' example and you'll be fine.
Voronov was a little underscored I guess. Judges probably don't like that hangover-ed sailor-on-leave dancing in yesterday's shirt. :p

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
YUZURU !!!!
My Prince is now A KING !

love the commentators: I hope Patrick Chan is watching this, lol

The way people are talking and judges are giving out marks Patrick might as well retire I guess. Hanyu is younger and has more room for growth. But I do wonder if the scores like at in other home natins are a bit inflated. Hanyu is great and he has improved artisitcally but I do think he is one of the most overmarked skaters. With all the anit Chan and inflation I think we have to be fair. Hanyu should be treated the same on this board if we were fair; he is great but his skating skills are really not as good as Chan or Tak - yet.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If Dai, Hanyu and Chan skated clean I would have Dai and chan neck and neck and then Hanyu. Technically they are about the same but pc wise Dai and chan should be given the edge if hey skated their best. This is realistic - to say dai and chan could skate clean whereas say in the freeskate to say "if Javier skated his best"...well his best would probably not be a totally clean long. I know it is hard to be so objective as we have our faves. People seem to like or hate Chan and the Hanyu lovers are really strong advocates. the freeskate will tell. Can Hanyu handle the pressure. Can Javier show he can hold it together? Will Tak show he wants to be the no. 1 Japanese man. And which American man will step up and say he is a contender for the national title. And on a side note, is it time for Kevin Reynolds to make a drastic move or retire. His mediocre performances witht he consistent falls and lack of artistic and skating skill development are really sad. He's almost the Jenna McCorkell of Canada. I skate on because my competition in my nation sucks (oops that sounds so harsh).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The way people are talking and judges are giving out marks Patrick might as well retire I guess. Hanyu is younger and has more room for growth. But I do wonder if the scores like at in other home natins are a bit inflated. Hanyu is great and he has improved artisitcally but I do think he is one of the most overmarked skaters. With all the anit Chan and inflation I think we have to be fair. Hanyu should be treated the same on this board if we were fair; he is great but his skating skills are really not as good as Chan or Tak - yet.

well Yuzuru's PCS isnt't at par yet with Chan or Dai but almost non fans can't deny Yuzuru has huge impovements this season
I actually would put his PCS higher, you want Reynolds to retire ? he has great musicality and has better prospects, you must have confused Reynolds for Rogozine ?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Well, Yuzuru got 43.36 in PCS at SA, so I wouldn't call his 42.29 here inflated. But people just seem to love the home inflatation argument.

Anyway, I'm soooooo happy for Javi, Yuzu and Dai!
Dai wasn't at his best, but way better than CoC. Javi went clean and performed nicely, but I just can't seem to really get into his program.
And of cousre the highlight was Yuzuru with that amazing performance. Everything looked great, I liked it more than SA and I was so curious to see if he really would get such a high score again.
I think the score is fair. Javi has the same jumping content, but Yuzuru won it on GOE, plus his better spins. And his speed is so much better too.

Now I'm so excited for the free!! :love:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
I LOVE Hanyu's 3A! Such difficult and unique entrance! I still think Dai's skating skills is way better than Hanyu. I don't think Hanyu's performance level is that great yet. Javier didn't get the character yet, that's not sharp enough to portrait Zorro, a bit too heavy in movement. When his skating skill is up to the level, he will be there. All in all, I think the placement is right. Good job everybody.