Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Men's Short Program SP

Wow Yuzuru is so good its scary. Feel almost sorry for Daisuke and Patrick for having to compete against him. I think if he continues this way it will be much harder for Patrick and Daisuke to catch up after the short even if they have a better free. I really love Patrick's artistry this year, and enjoy Daisuke's skating but Yuzuru and Javier are improving alot this season.

Custom Title
    Wow. Fernandaz, Hanyu, Takahashi each breathtaking in their own way. This is why I feel privileged to be a skating fan.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    Wow. Fernandaz, Hanyu, Takahashi each breathtaking in their own way. This is why I feel privileged to be a skating fan.
    well said a user

Custom Title
    I don't know about Dai but I think Chan would definitely win the long if good enough. Hanyu's short is great but his long (imo) doesn't compare to his own short prg or to Chan's long prg. However Hanyu will probably beat Chan in the short based on the scores he gets.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    ITA. Those three plus Chan, Kozuka, Abbott and the other top men's skaters are making this discipline so awesome right now.

Custom Title
    Lacklustre beginning - but the last three really delivered. Great end to the short - now bring on the free!

Custom Title
    I wonder what scores Chan and Dai would get if they were clean in their short program since they get the highest pcs scores than anyone else.

I agree we are lucky to have all these wonderful men to watch. I do adore Patrick's free though, and still think his free is the better of the men this year. Yuzuru is a great young talent though. His short would be hard for anyone to beat.

Custom Title
    I almost 'fainted' upon the landing of Dai's 3A...Glad it was over now.
    to Dice Murakami's withdrawal. Reported that he right away went to the hospital. Hope he gets well soon.

Custom Title
    Yuzuru is an explosive mixture of talent and effort! His relaxed skate enabled me to watch him without anxiety. Immensely enjoyable skate.
    Dai on the other hand was nervous, which made me nervous too. He was lucky with the score, one judge gave him +3 Goe for the 3A.
    I cheer for "older" skaters; I am so glad they are still skating.

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MllNHGGKkGw

Yuzuru is sublime, the best SP he ever skated, his expression in this performance is as good as Daisuke (became the music) + super difficult program + super entrance to jump+ big jump + big support from hometown audience!

I'm dying of happiness!

BTW, I think he should get better PCS
    Last edited by treeloving; 11-23-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Custom Title
    Hanyu has problems in the LP with his stamina and sometimes when he falls he takes forever to get back up so he needs to be almost perfect in the SP.

Custom Title
    Seriously, your guys saw Dai's and Hanyu's programs, and you think a wannabe deserved the same PCS as the real thing?

Custom Title
    Loved Voronov's and Dornbush's SP as whole program.

If I were a judge, my placement would be 1. Hanyu 2. Fernandez then 3. Takahashi tonight.
    What a shame one judge gave Dai +3 GOE for that 3A...
    Feel sorry for Javier. Not only placing 3rd, he still has 9 points to catch up with the first place, in spite of his clean skate with perfect jumps.

btw, Richard looks sophisticated and matured with that dark red shirt, doesn't he? I like it much better than the previous light blue one!

Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Loved Voronov's and Dornbush's SP as whole program.

If I were a judge, my placement would be 1. Hanyu 2. Fernandez then 3. Takahashi tonight.
    What a shame one judge gave Dai +3 GOE for that 3A...
    Feel sorry for Javier. Not only placing 3rd, he still has 9 points to catch up with the first place, in spite of his clean skate with perfect jumps.

btw, Richard looks sophisticated and matured with that dark red shirt, doesn't he? I like it much better than the previous light blue one!
    ITA with your every assessment, especially about Ricky. Only if he could up his darn consistency:(

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast