2012 NHK Ladies Short Program SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Ladies Short Program SP

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so if Mirai got silver and 174+ she will qualify?

if Akiko gets bronze she will qualify regardless silver+ bronze beats a 4th+ silver finish
but if Akiko is 4th and Mirai wins silver with 174+ score, she will push Suzuki out for the last GPF spot

Mirunna

Record Breaker
if Akiko gets bronze she will qualify regardless silver+ bronze beats a 4th+ silver finish
but if Akiko is 4th and Mirai wins silver with 174+ score, she will push Suzuki out for the last GPF spot

Nope, because then both would have a 4th place and a silver, and tie with Liza. Liza's scores are big and Akiko got some big points in Canada so I believe in this scenario Mirai will be the first alternate(isn't the first tie-breaker the overall scores?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Nope, because then both would have a 4th place and a silver, and tie with Liza. Liza's scores are big and Akiko got some big points in Canada so I believe in this scenario Mirai will be the first alternate(isn't the first tie-breaker the overall scores?

I know that so here it goes

Tuk has 168+179 - for her scores

so that leaves the last spot for Akiko and Mirai
lets say Mirai gets 174+ score here and Akiko gets 4th with 166 less score
Mirai will push out Suzuki for the last GPF spot

so either the line up could be

Wagner, Mao, Julia, Liza, Akiko and Kiira , 1st alt: Mirai
or
Wagner, Mao, Julia, Liza, Kiira and Mirai, 1st Alt: Akiko or Gao

Last edited:

burntBREAD

Medalist
Also, if Mirai gets 2nd with 179+ and Akiko gets third, then they both are in and Liza is out, I believe. I forgot if highest score or total score comes first in tiebreaker.

ortemis

Rinkside
Also, if Mirai gets 2nd with 179+ and Akiko gets third, then they both are in and Liza is out, I believe. I forgot if highest score or total score comes first in tiebreaker.

this seems more possible than having Akiko in fourth. I'm just a hopeful Mirai fan :slink:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Goodness, Mirai might qualify for GPF? That is just OMG amazing news! To think she only had one GP event this season! To think she might make the GPF event is beyond expectations... a lot of luck is needed. Come on Mirai :clap:, this could be the very thing to turn her careers around this year. Talk about being tested!!

Can't say I really love her FS (I do love her exhibition this year!), but hopefully it will work out great!! She really need to 'Ashley Wagner' selling it!!! She could do it you know among this lot, especially Akiko is all the way back in 5th (only 2.58 set them apart) and she rarely get love at home.

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Happy for Mao. Sad for Akiko...I am worried about Akiko's rather low PCS. Why can't judges forever give 8s for that kind of performance from Akiko??? :mad:

I loved Makarova's, Suzuki's aaaaand Gedevanishvili's SP as whole program!!! :)
Actually, Elene won my heart tonight! Hope she comes back strong in the Free. :yes:

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Almost 68 points for Asada with no 3-3 and skating to a Junior program?
The same about your buddy Wagner prog with no 3-3. Mao had the highest BV and TES tonight, all the rest skaters were even more junior, so she won. She gave a chance to Akiko that Suzuki couldn't use. Not Mao's fault I think.

I am worried about Akiko's rather low PCS.

Actually, Elene won my heart tonight!
Elene had a higher TES but she was put behind Akiko thanks to PCS, so Suzuki's components were not that low afterall.

jChamp

Rinkside
I'm hoping for a surprise FS from Mirai. After all, she landed off the podium at her first GP the past two years only to come back and win a silver at both of her second assignments. Maybe she can do the same for the third straight year (fingers crossed).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well I am not sure she "landed" was the problem with Mirai (and hence off the podium) LOL. I do hope Mirai makes it clear is she a player or not but I guess like many skaters her career is like a roller coaster and the issue is will she peak when it counts. That's probably the story of a skaters life. Evan peaked at the right time. Skaters like Kwan, Browning, Stojko and Orser are all skaters who probably deserved OGM for one reason or another but never peaked or got the judges break at the right time. They have shown promise and consistency but they didn't do it at the olympics. Whereas skaters like Lipinski, Hughes, Arakawa, Evan and maybe even Baiul all peaked at the right time. I can see someone like Joubert, Javier, or one of the Japanese men peaking at the right time and getting a medal at a cost of maybe "career skaters" Takahashi or Chan. Life isn't fair and what's fair is in the eye of the beholder.

mateusp1

On the Ice
I really enjoyed Mao. I know some here may not agree with me, but I like her SP a lot. It gives us a new style from Mao. I like the energy, the happiness, the "childish" of the program.

Am I the only one who thought Makarova underscored? Her 3Lo was not all that UR at all. I have seen less rotated jumps getting full credit. Also, the song, chroreography and interpretation are very very beautiful. For me, she would be second. And you could see that she was very happy with her performance. I higher score and better ranking would keep her motivated.

Elene was nice, despite the mistake. Orser is doing a very nice job with her.

I also thought Zawadzki VERY underscored in PC's. Her program is good. Also, her Skating Skills are first rate. I mean, she skates fast, has good flow, nice edges.

Not fan of Mirai's skate today. I thought she was not as polished and refined as Makarova or Elene, for example. A little bit awkward and clumsy for me. Her combination spin also had problems with centering.

HR4

On the Ice
I understand from what is written in the current Gran Prix standings that the first tie breaker is place, and the second is the sum of the scores (not the best score). In this case Mirai needs more than 184.16 for this event, thus around 123 for her LP. Hmm. As a fan of Tuk, hope it is not gonna happen.
BTW In recent interviews of Mishin (even after TEB) talks as if Tuk is for sure out of Gran Prix Final, and that it was bad experience for her last year to be in GPF, as it led to the failure in Nationals. I am afraid that she can withdraw. It would be totally stupid I think!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I understand from what is written in the current Gran Prix standings that the first tie breaker is place, and the second is the sum of the scores (not the best score). In this case Mirai needs more than 184.16 for this event, thus around 123 for her LP. Hmm. As a fan of Tuk, hope it is not gonna happen.
BTW In recent interviews of Mishin (even after TEB) talks as if Tuk is for sure out of Gran Prix Final, and that it was bad experience for her last year to be in GPF, as it led to the failure in Nationals. I am afraid that she can withdraw. It would be totally stupid I think!

I believe you are right about the tie breaker, the second tie breaker(after the placements) is the sum of the scores overall, so yeah, Mirai needs a miracle to be in the final since her score at Rostelecom is low. I don't think Liza will withdraw, remember where the final is taking place :biggrin:

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Zijun Li is so lovely! Great job from her. Haven't seen Mao's program yet but happy for her! Go girls and skate clean in the LP!!!

HR4

On the Ice
I believe you are right about the tie breaker, the second tie breaker(after the placements) is the sum of the scores overall, so yeah, Mirai needs a miracle to be in the final since her score at Rostelecom is low. I don't think Liza will withdraw, remember where the final is taking place :biggrin:

Oh yeah! You are right, Sochi is not a place to withdraw for Russians I guess)

fun patinage

Spectator
Almost 68 points for Asada with no 3-3 and skating to a Junior program? This program would have been fine for her back in 2005 but not now.

I don't agree with you. She just makes us to think that this program is easy but it's not.
Look at this:)

Base value

Mao asada 29.31
Mirai Nagasu 28.53
Zijun Li 28.73
Ksenia Makarova 26.70
Akiko Suzuki 24.83
Elene Gedevanishivili 26.83
Agnes Zawadzki 26.43
Sofia Biryukova 26.10
Haruka Imai 25.54

And,her skating got much better than before. so she deserve it!