1 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA

2 Lindsay DAVIS / Mark LADWIG USA

3 Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS

Warm-Up Group 2
    4 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA

5 Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR USA

6 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN

7 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV RUS
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 11-22-2012 at 03:08 AM.

Looks like KMT and Dylan have a good chance at a silver medal. Can I hope that they could possibly beat B/L?

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Looks like KMT and Dylan have a good chance at a silver medal. Can I hope that they could possibly beat B/L?
    I have them beating B/L. They have great programs this year!

On the Ice
    Start orders are up:

1 Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM USA
    2 Lindsay DAVIS / Mark LADWIG USA
    3 Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS
    Warm-Up Group 2
    4 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA
    5 Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR USA
    6 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN
    7 Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV RUS

Custom Title
    All looking good. What do you guys think Castelli and Shnapir's chances at medaling are? Based on what I've seen so far in the grand prix I think they have a real shot. That would be really exciting.

Custom Title
    Super excited to see that Martiusheva and Rogonov got a second Grand Prix! I hope they are able to skate well so that they'll continue to get more international competitive experience. When they skate well, they are gorgeous and really interesting to watch. For me, they stand out a mile above the other skaters in their style and on-ice presence. They just need that confidence that comes from consistently executing their elements in competition.

Custom Title
    The door is really open; it is a very weak field The Americans could do very very well here. A medal or two is a possibility - they could also bomb too and be beaten by the Russians, Canadians and

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    It will be very nerve wracking for the Americans, because that second slot at US Nationals (which is a ticket to Worlds) is wide open, with no clear favorite for it.

This is like a mini Nationals for them.

I hope they all hold it together and skate their very best.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samson View Post
    All looking good. What do you guys think Castelli and Shnapir's chances at medaling are? Based on what I've seen so far in the grand prix I think they have a real shot. That would be really exciting.
    Agreed. The top two will likely be B/L and M-T/M. C/S, M/R and DM/G are the contenders for bronze.

Whippet Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It will be very nerve wracking for the Americans, because that second slot at US Nationals (which is a ticket to Worlds) is wide open, with no clear favorite for it.

This is like a mini Nationals for them.

I hope they all hold it together and skate their very best.
    Really? Based on international scores, I thought C/S were way ahead of the pack for the second spot.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo
    Didn't sleep well last night, suppose to be at NHK now and my body is probably going through hysterical desynchronosis. Good luck to skaters
    5:48 AM - 22 Nov 12 ·

A shame that Takahashi/Tran are not able to compete. Hope her recovery is going well.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Really? Based on international scores, I thought C/S were way ahead of the pack for the second spot.
    The original favs would have been Donlan/Speroff, based on US nationals. C&S won Graz with a score of 174.86, but I am not sure how much that will count, since all they beat there from the US was Donlan & Speroff, and Graz seems rather high scoring. They did score a personal best at SKAM 164.86, but only placed 5th there. Scimeca & Knierim have done well too, having won Cup of Nice as a brand new team with a score of 156.00, beating Stilbova & Klimov and Davankova & Deputat. They are another of the Sappenfield teams---and US judges love them some Sappenfield, for sure. C&S are a Boston based team.

So we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo
    Didn't sleep well last night, suppose to be at NHK now and my body is probably going through hysterical desynchronosis. Good luck to skaters
    5:48 AM - 22 Nov 12 ·

A shame that Takahashi/Tran are not able to compete. Hope her recovery is going well.
    Any update on that?

I'm afraid there are no pairs here that I'm excited about - so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Custom Title
    Speaking of Mervin Tran, he is now 22 as of September 22. Since Japan does not permit dual citizenship, wouldn't he be expected to renounce his Canadian citizenship and apply for Japanese citizenship?

The way I see it, one of the following would need to happen:

-Tran renounces his Canadian citizenship, applies for Japanese citizenship if possible, and competes for Japan.
    -Takahashi applies for Canadian citizenship, loses her Japanese citizenship, and competes for Canada.
    -They remain as is, and are never able to compete at the Olympics.
    -Japan changes it's rules, looks the other way, or makes an exception.

Any other possibilities?
    Last edited by rvi5; 11-23-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Custom Title
    I was just wondering how did Scimeca and Knerim get chosen to compete? Seems so random with tonnes of teams out there why would skaters who I think are in their first year together with no pedigree - 7th and 10th at nationals get selected. Maybe I haven't kept up; because I don't think they would have a huge fan base or have shown that much promise compared to other Russian, American, Canadian or Chinese teams in particular. I am sure they are awesome people but just wondering it just seems so "odd"

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast