Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Pairs Short Program SP

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    She had a step out on the SBS 3S and he was way out of sync on the SBS spin. Otherwise they have great polish, so I'm not surprised they're ahead of S/K, but by the margin.
    Thanks!

skating philosopher
    61.85 WOW! That has to be a new PB.

ETA...yes it is..by several points. Previous best was 56.34 at 2010 Skate Canada. Great job!

skating philosopher
    It's also worth noting that score also would be the highest for an American pair. D/C's SB was 60.75. Nationals might be a little more interesting...

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Okay, I like M-T/M's music.

And holy wow, they spin fast.

Both Castelli/Shnapir and Moore-Towers/Moscovitch were great!! I love the Canadians' program!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Google Chrome.
    It is working for me with Firefox on Windows 7. Are you firewalled maybe bigsisjiejie?

Custom Title
    Vera Bazarova looks scarily thin as though she is malnourished.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Pfffft. Screen freeze/go dark right before they announced the scores.

Edit (~10 seconds later) And now it's back. At least that didn't happen during the programs.

Wow, Bazarova and Larionov ahead by less than a point. I wish it was the other way around!

LOL @ those critters on the ice entertaining the crowd. Don't see that too often.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    Vera Bazarova looks scarily thin as though she is malnourished.
    She's looked like that for several years now. It's somewhat incredible she has enough strength to be such a good skater.

Custom Title
    The Russians win the SP but man, it's close. I really liked the Russians which surprises me because I generally don't enjoy Russian skaters. I don't know if it's the costumes, music choices or I don't "get" their interpretations but I usually find the programs off-putting. But this one was stunning. I even loved their costumes. They were just so polished.

Loved the Canadians too. They were all I saw so can't comment on the rest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    It is working for me with Firefox on Windows 7. Are you firewalled maybe bigsisjiejie?
    Well, I wasn't on my own computer, and since I couldn't access in IE, Firefox, Opera, or Chrome, must have been some sort of firewall setting...which I didn't want to mess with. Now back on my own laptop and the site is working, but I missed the pairs and now bobsledding is on! Hopefully NHK will be back when the Men's starts. Thanks all for the assistance.

I much preferred M-T & M's short; it was by far my favourite tonight. I may be biased though, 'cause Liebestraum has never exactly captivated me, and I'm pretty tired of it by this point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    She's looked like that for several years now. It's somewhat incredible she has enough strength to be such a good skater.
    Hence, not surprisingly, they opened with their SBS jumps. Being so thin like that must be hard for her to do solo Triple jumps as her lower body has very little muscles to lift her upward. I also noticed she spined so fast in the air, to compensate I guess. There have been petite elite single ladies skaters but none of them look scarily thin like that and their lower body has enough muscles no matter how thin they are. Vera's legs are just like sticks with skin wrapped around them... On the other hand, guys who are too big in pairs struggle to jump too, the dilemma of pair skating in a nutshell.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast