Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 2012 NHK Pairs Short Program SP

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    regarding Vera's weight, she was never that skinny before
    here is a Video of them when they were still juniors back in 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxqgs3sBtaQ

she lost a lot from her legs, why she wanted to lose more I have no idea
    to get their nice triple twists they have today ?
    I actually think she looks pretty much just as thin in that video but maybe I am just not a great judge. In addition, I think she's grown taller since then so that may have resulted in her body thinning out slightly.

Again, I really don't know what's up with her weight/health but I don't assume she is unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I actually think she looks pretty much just as thin in that video but maybe I am just not a great judge. In addition, I think she's grown taller since then so that may have resulted in her body thinning out slightly.

Again, I really don't know what's up with her weight/health but I don't assume she is unhealthy.
    I don't either, Im not saying she is anorexic/eating disorder
    just showing that in that video, no, she had clearly was more filled than today, maybe the body changes did that, genetics or she is simply petite

Qin Pang and Yuko Kavaguti are as thin as Vera imo

just showing that in that video, no, she had clearly was more filled than today, maybe the body changes did that, genetics or she is simply petite

I actually thought Qing Pang looked SLIGHTLY heavier recently, although she's still very thin, of course.

Custom Title
    Vera was also 14 in 2007... You would think she would fill out a little more by 20 years old, not go in the opposite direction! Even if she doesn't have any sort of real eating problem, she really must not eat much at all to have dropped weight from when she was a skinny youngster.

Custom Title
    Side note: I can't hear Liebestraum (B/L's music) without thinking of All About Eve. I have that issue when Mao skated to that music too.

OMG I just had a flash vision of a skater skating to that song dressed at Bette Davis. That NEEDS to happen. It would be the most fabulous train wreck ever. I should really become a figure skating choreographer...

Custom Title
    UK Eurosport showing NHK Pairs SP now: http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/e...-2-live-stream
    The feed is a bit choppy, but not too bad. I will keep looking for another feed.
    another stream: http://cricfree.tv/euro-sports2.php
    Last edited by auser; 11-24-2012 at 03:54 AM.

Custom Title
    PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 65.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 65.14 Short Program
    3. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 61.85 Short Program
    4. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA & Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 57.07
    5. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 54.41
    6. Lindsay DAVIS & Mark LADWIG (USA) - 45.61
    7. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 42.14

Custom Title

Vera looked about the same in that video to me, I think she's just always been very thin. I agree that she, Kavaguti, and Pang all look too thin. It kind of detracts from their skating, because you just keep noticing it every second--how thin they are. It draws attention away from what they're actually doing.

I doubt any of them are at their "natural" weight. You rarely meet women in day-to-day life who are "naturally" so extremely thin. My guess is all three probably are on very restricted diets, even if they don't meet the technical definition of anorexia. I'd like to see all three gain some weight, I think it might actually help their skating.

Those 3 look too thin to me too, and I agree that is detracts a little from their skating. I think Xue Shen looked pretty ideal, but she was on a pretty restricted diet too.

Custom Title
    No, to me Vera is much thinner than both Pang and Kavaguti. When I watch Pang and Kavaguti, I like their way of being thin (I just prefer thin skaters everywhere). Might be because their faces are not that thin compared with Vera's. Vera is skinny everywhere, and for most part, she has extremely small bone structure.
    I think all elite athletes have special diet. But for some of them, no matter what they eat, they won't appear as thin as these three. For vera, her special diet should include weight gaining foods.

I wonder if her lifting partner would agree!

Custom Title
    Heh. Larionov is actually VERY sturdy during the lifts/twists. He looks like he could handle holding a few extra pounds, but that's an uninformed perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Heh. Larionov is actually VERY sturdy during the lifts/twists. He looks like he could handle holding a few extra pounds, but that's an uninformed perspective.
    You also have to keep in mind it is easier to lift someone a few pounds heavier who has the muscles to help you than someone a few pounds lighter who is essentially a sack of potatoes. A good example of this right now is Duhamel, I think. She is also teeny tiny so she's not the best example but she weighs more than she looks like, I am sure because she has a LOT of muscle. I doubt Radford is complaining during their lifts. Another example is Tanith Belbin, who Ben Agosto said was MUCH easier to skate with/lift after she gained about 10 pounds because she then had the muscle to help him.

Custom Title
    Oh, absolutely. We need to remember that being lifted is an active process from the female, not a passive one. But Vera's so poised in the lifts that I assume she's doing her part.

Of course, a bad lifter at this level is extraodinarily rare.

Custom Title
    PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 65.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 65.14 Short Program
    3. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 61.85 Short Program
    4. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA & Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 57.07 Short Program
    5. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 54.41 Short Program
    6. Lindsay DAVIS & Mark LADWIG (USA) - 45.61 Short Program
    7. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 42.14 Short Program
    Last edited by Mao88; 11-25-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6