2012 NHK Pairs Short Program SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Pairs Short Program SP

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Streaming availability:
Trying to get the tvonsite stream mentioned above. All that's coming up is a black blank frame. Is there something else I'm supposed to be doing? Two of the hahasport links previously mentioned are contaminated, the other two aren't showing NHK. Anybody have anything else?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
61.85 WOW! That has to be a new PB.

ETA...yes it is..by several points. Previous best was 56.34 at 2010 Skate Canada. Great job!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's also worth noting that score also would be the highest for an American pair. D/C's SB was 60.75. Nationals might be a little more interesting...

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Pfffft. Screen freeze/go dark right before they announced the scores.

Edit (~10 seconds later) And now it's back. At least that didn't happen during the programs.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
The Russians win the SP but man, it's close. I really liked the Russians which surprises me because I generally don't enjoy Russian skaters. I don't know if it's the costumes, music choices or I don't "get" their interpretations but I usually find the programs off-putting. But this one was stunning. I even loved their costumes. They were just so polished.

Loved the Canadians too. They were all I saw so can't comment on the rest.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
It is working for me with Firefox on Windows 7. Are you firewalled maybe bigsisjiejie?

Well, I wasn't on my own computer, and since I couldn't access in IE, Firefox, Opera, or Chrome, must have been some sort of firewall setting...which I didn't want to mess with. Now back on my own laptop and the site is working, but I missed the pairs and now bobsledding is on! Hopefully NHK will be back when the Men's starts. Thanks all for the assistance.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I much preferred M-T & M's short; it was by far my favourite tonight. I may be biased though, 'cause Liebestraum has never exactly captivated me, and I'm pretty tired of it by this point.

wallylutz

Medalist
She's looked like that for several years now. It's somewhat incredible she has enough strength to be such a good skater.

Hence, not surprisingly, they opened with their SBS jumps. Being so thin like that must be hard for her to do solo Triple jumps as her lower body has very little muscles to lift her upward. I also noticed she spined so fast in the air, to compensate I guess. There have been petite elite single ladies skaters but none of them look scarily thin like that and their lower body has enough muscles no matter how thin they are. Vera's legs are just like sticks with skin wrapped around them... On the other hand, guys who are too big in pairs struggle to jump too, the dilemma of pair skating in a nutshell.