Lysacek has surgery for sports hernia | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lysacek has surgery for sports hernia

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually, I am just a tad more optomistic. Not much but a tad. But my optomism is predicated on Evan being healthy enough to skate and JA having a desent skate.
a sixth seventh finish for the US team isnt out of the relm of possibility, even if Patrick Chan and the 3 Japanese men are all healthy and skating well.

Well I"m a little bit optimistic after Ross Miner turned in that great skate at NHK.

herios

Medalist
Actually, I am just a tad more optomistic. Not much but a tad. But my optomism is predicated on Evan being healthy enough to skate and JA having a desent skate.
a sixth seventh finish for the US team isnt out of the relm of possibility, even if Patrick Chan and the 3 Japanese men are all healthy and skating well.

Healthy enough to skate? Did you actually read that he needs 6 weeks to rest and heal after the surgery? So how much time will he have to get prepared for nationals? 2 weeks? Then you expect to be in the top 2 after that? Well, Good luck with that. If he is smart, he'll start preparing for the next season early in the spring.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Healthy enough to skate? Did you actually read that he needs 6 weeks to rest and heal after the surgery? So how much time will he have to get prepared for nationals? 2 weeks? Then you expect to be in the top 2 after that? Well, Good luck with that. If he is smart, he'll start preparing for the next season early in the spring.

Yes this pretty much just wrapped up Evan's season.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

Oh that doesn't sound good - I was wondering 2 weeks but you confirmed the worse. Yes age and retirement does not help one be competitive - and I am sure there are mental issues which the skater would never reveal. It's hard "coming back" even if you have Vera Wang on your side et al.

Yes, I do think the US men could take three spots to Sochi HOWEVER they could also get shut out of the top ten - not likely but possible - Dai, Chan, 2 other Japanese skaters, Joubert, Amodio, Verner (although he is looking pretty bad right now), Brezina, Fernandez, Ten, Reynolds maybe even and one of the Chinese skaters all potentially could beat the Americans unless of course Jeremy skates clean - he could medal though I do think if one of the Japanese men or Chan skates clean Abbott would not win gold. Evan, Johnny, Ross, Adam et al are wild cards. Though I do think Abbott could pull it together - I'd rather see him take a world medal than an Olympic - it would be almost sad to see a more consistent skater (ironically I suppose lol) to lose out to Jeremy having the skate of his life - but life isn't fair I guess.