Musings from Joe (01/08) | Golden Skate

Musings from Joe (01/08)

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
By now, I believe everyone has seen the ESPN's showing of tthe Short Programs. The 'live showing at the arena were quite exciting and the results were of the top 3 skaters in Mens and Ladies events were as they should be according to the group around me. A little nitpicking here and there does not change what we believe to be the correct standing.

Everyone was happy to see Angela skate so well and we thought her marks were too low. Of course, we were delighted to see Johnny and Matt making a strong showing since the problems of last year.

Since Saturday afternoon and evening will be somewhat LIVE on TV (I don't believe you will see all 22 Men and 21 Ladies) you will see the top contenders for the medals.

Question: Will the present standing remain? You figure! Personally I believe the 3 Ladies will remain the top 3, maybe in a different order. Unless one of them has a complete meltdown, Angela or Amber will be the one to move up. The Men, of course, are more iffy. Johnny and Matt are not the most consistent, and Michael wants to move up. Evan may remain in third place. He's good but needs some maturity.

Earlier in the day at the practice session, I was chatting with a woman with a little girl and so I asked her how her daughter came out in competition? She replied, that the little girl was not her daughter but her son is in competition. After saying, oh! and what competition is he in and what is his name? She replied he is Michael Weiss. Oh! I went again. - A very nice good looking woman with her granddaughter!

The Pairs and Dance are on tonight! I heard a bit of news(?) about Naomi. She is planning to have an immediate operation on the ankle which she could have done last spring!!! You figure!!!

Will be back on the GS Forum on Monday.

Cheers - Joesitz (Joe)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks so much for the musings, Joesitz!

So nice that Michael´s daughter came to watch the compedition and daddy´s skating!

Marjaana