Injuries & Ills: 2013-14 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Injuries & Ills: 2013-14

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Speedy recovery to her. I hope her sister didn't pull a Tanya Harding on her lol. This does not bode well for her olympic chances.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
oh noooo.... do you guys think kiira will be back for the GP with this type of injury?

LRK

Record Breaker
That suddenly occurred to me too - does that mean that her chances for the Olympics are gone? That would be a disaster....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so sad fro her constantly getting injured
but maybe its a sign from her body ? will she be ready by Olympics ?

hope she can get her last Olympics, would be a waste if that spot goes to Turkilla

thinspread

On the Ice
If Korpi cannot attend Nebelhorn, Finland would need a good score from Turkkila to secure a ladies spot. Am I getting it right? If that’s the case I wonder what shape Turkkila is in at this time of year.

Matilda

Medalist
That's sad :(
Kiira says she will fly to Finland for further evaluation and rehab. I hope we get more (and better!) news soon!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kiira's been in and out of competition over the past two years because of pain in her Achilles. Achilles tendon injuries are notoriously slow to heal and frequently recur once strenuous activity is resumed.

It's pretty clear that Kiira will be out of the GP and Sochi is very doubtful.

SaraM

Final Flight
Country
Norway
Vanessa James just informed on facebook that Morgan Cipres was back on the ice today after surgery, and that they will be ready and in form for TEB as they're first event :biggrin:

Sara

On the Ice
I have a silly question. Why haven't they replaced Joubert and Ten with other skaters in Skate America? In Ten's case I kind of understand since he retired from this competition only recently. But Joubert's case is different, isn't it. ISU has replaced those female skaters who cancelled their participation in this year's GP, such as Korpi and Kim. Now that I'm checking again I notice that Joshi Helgesson isn't going to Cup of China (still struggling with her foot injury?). There's nobody yet listed to replace her.

Edit: Only learned now that Joubert was forced to retire only recently. I thought it happened some weeks ago already.