Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Injuries & Ills: 2013-14

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Forgot to say Thanks to LRK earlier for notes on the CBC video.

Although not a substantive update, this tweet from Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo is sweet:
    Sitting at a restaurant and they start playing "Imagine" on the speakers. Miss competing. Get well soon Narumi
    3:16 PM - 11 Dec 12

Miserere Nobis
    Wagner has a "hip pointer"--fall on 2A in FS at GPF. Pictures from her Twitter showed her on crutches, but as of now there's been no word on the severity of the injury.

@golden411 - that is really sweet! makes one go "awww!" I do hope her recovery is going well.

@ForeverFish - thank you!

And here's a thread about it:

Wagner says she has "Hip Pointer":
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...p-Pointer-quot

There's some discussion there whether the injury is so severe as to hinder her participation in Nationals.

Talking of which - skipping Nationals - it seems that Brian Joubert is missing French Nationals:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-artis...forfait/333483

My French isn't the best - more like non-existent, really - but it seems that he is "officially suffering" from "une grippe"? There seems very little info in the article other than the announcement itself.

Custom Title
    Is it me or does it seem like this year has been especially bad for injuries?

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    @golden411 - that is really sweet! makes one go "awww!" I do hope her recovery is going well.

@ForeverFish - thank you!

And here's a thread about it:

Wagner says she has "Hip Pointer":
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...p-Pointer-quot

There's some discussion there whether the injury is so severe as to hinder her participation in Nationals.

Talking of which - skipping Nationals - it seems that Brian Joubert is missing French Nationals:

My French isn't the best - more like non-existent, really - but it seems that he is "officially suffering" from "une grippe"? There seems very little info in the article other than the announcement itself.
    Poor Brian..

Another news-free update re Narumi Takahashi (but she is so cute that I can't help myself):
    I stumbled upon this :24 video of her sitting in the stands at the GPF.
    Cool that she attended, although no doubt she wished she could have competed.
    Last edited by golden411; 12-13-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post

La grippe is the flu...hopefully he'll be able to get over it quickly. He's scheduled for quite a few gala performances at the end of December. Doesn't seem to be his year though. It'd be good for him to find another competition before Europeans since he's really only had two competitions so far (Masters and TEB, half of COC) and it'd be to his advantage to get a bit more mileage on the new long program before he has to compete at Europeans.

Thank you, Victura! Yes, I agree, it would be good to get some more mileage on the free. I'm sort of hoping that he's got all of the ailments and illnesses out of the way, and if it had to happen, it was better to happen during this part of the season than the second half... Of course, things don't necessarily work that way, but I do think he's had more than his fair share of bad luck lately!

Custom Title
    What is going to happen at US nationals with Czisny coming back from injury; Flatt I guess out with her injury; Wagner a question mark as to the severity of her injury. And int he men the two former champs Evan and Johnny have their injuries to contend with; we have injuries or surgery in pairs. This could be very interesting or nasty or both.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    What is going to happen at US nationals with Czisny coming back from injury; Flatt I guess out with her injury; Wagner a question mark as to the severity of her injury. And int he men the two former champs Evan and Johnny have their injuries to contend with; we have injuries or surgery in pairs. This could be very interesting or nasty or both.
    Wagner is performing in a show tonight, so hopefully by Nationals she will be at the top of her game.
    Last edited by golden411; 12-15-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Brian Joubert is luck he skates for France; in some other countries his hopes of a trip to world's would be dashed especially since he is no longer the dominant skter he once was and has been beaten by Amodio several times.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Wagner is performing in a show tonight, so hopefully by Nationals she will be at the top of her game.
    I wish Ashley well and hope it is not about the money versus proper healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I wish Ashley well and hope it is not about the money versus proper healing.
    Well, in a show she doesn't have to do even close to the level of difficulty she must achieve in competition; she can in fact do as much or as little as she sees fit - or is fit to do.

Custom Title
    International Figure Skating posted this on their facebook page:

I heard that Kaitlyn Weaver suffered a broken ankle in a training session this evening. If so, not good news.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast