Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Injuries & Other Ills

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    deleted

Smirnov tears tendon in knee, Olympics in doubt
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/10/62780688

Custom Title
    And dorispulaski mentioned in another thread that Chafik Beseghier had broken his ankle prior to the LP at French Masters.

Does anyone have any updates on Kiira Korpi?

Custom Title
    As far as I know Kiira is not skating yet. Her doctors decided to not to operate her leg. According to one interview she gave, Korpi hopes to return to train in LA in early December at the latest but it depends how well the tendon heals. She would like to compete in Worlds in March. If she is fit I'm sure the FFSA will send her there.

LRK, as you're from Sweden, do you happen to have news on Joshi? I noticed she withdrew from her GP. :( Is she still having problems with her leg?

Custom Title
    This isn't very recent, but there is this tweet:

Joshi Helgesson‏@JoshiHelgessonsep 14
    @tahko119 it's getting better! Hopefully i can go on the ice in about 3 weeks! I hope i'll get in shape so i can go to China

Slightly more recent:

Joshi Helgesson‏@JoshiHelgessonsep 29
    Klarar mig rätt bra på 1 ben #onefootskating
    http://instagram.com/p/e29DxuBDwB/

Translation: Managing quite well on one leg.

Searching further, though, I find that she has a blog, and her most recent entry is from the 5th October:

"Injury

Last Tuesday I went to the doctor again. I had an X-ray and spoke to a doctor, the result was that my foot hasn't healed yet. The bone in the foot is still broken, it has begun healing but it isn't done yet. I have been allowed to take off the orthosis and to put some weight on it, but only straight down, I'm not allowed to lean on it. So I'm allowed to put on skates, but not skate on edges.

That's a little worse news than I had expected, I'd expected to go out on the ice and go full out. I've got a new time for X-ray in 3 weeks, and until then I've been given rehabilitation exercises so I hope it will be better by then. I skate on the ice and do a few double loops and do as much as I can on my well leg. Now I've been allowed to do some strengthening exercises on both legs and so recover some muscle mass that I've lost. "

(My translation - my apologies. )

And there's also an embedded video of her skating on one foot in the blog post:

http://joshihelgesson.se/skada-2/

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    And dorispulaski mentioned in another thread that Chafik Beseghier had broken his ankle prior to the LP at French Masters.
    According to centre.france3, his injury is not so serious, and Chafik is planning to participate at NHK Trophy and TEB.

Custom Title
    Thank you LRK for the translation!! I had checked Joshi's instagram but forgot that she has a blog. I hope she gets well soon!

Custom Title
    Joshi's injury does not sound good for competing. I know it is the olympics but I wish we would get some more truthful or realistic ideas if skaters are really going to be able to skate at the olympics and or compete and when.

Custom Title
    For "archival purposes", some relevant GS threads:

Kavaguti and Smirnov out for the season
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...for-the-season

Leonova will miss Skate Canada due to injury
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...-due-to-injury

Denis Ten has three injuries (Oct 17)
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...uries-(Oct-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Joshi's injury does not sound good for competing. I know it is the olympics but I wish we would get some more truthful or realistic ideas if skaters are really going to be able to skate at the olympics and or compete and when.
    Do you mean skaters are lying??? If injured, how can they know exactly when it's time to skate and when it's good to compete? I'm sure Joshi is disapointed for her withdraw from cup of china. I've been wating for her breakthrough, she is very talented. This injury is unfortunate. I'm sad for her, also because she had a similar injury at the beginning of last season. Get well Joshi

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Do you mean skaters are lying??? If injured, how can they know exactly when it's time to skate and when it's good to compete? I'm sure Joshi is disapointed for her withdraw from cup of china. I've been wating for her breakthrough, she is very talented. This injury is unfortunate. I'm sad for her, also because she had a similar injury at the beginning of last season. Get well Joshi
    No, but many skaters are shall we say overly optimistic which is why so many on this board will say they aren't skating and then of course hey dont' skate. They just don't fully disclose how serious the injury is or how hard it will to heal before an event.

Could be you are right, but I guess they have to remain optimistic and speaking about it makes the come back more real... oh well, what do I know

Actually I thought you meant that skaters were faking injuries because they weren' ready to compete

Custom Title
    does anybody know the status of Kevin Reynolds injury ( that kept him out of Japan Open )?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Kevin skated the SP at a Canadian local competition, Autumn Skate, at the end of September.

Some photos from it
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/2429168...7635787728844/

He did not skate the LP.

There has been no further talk about his injury, and I suppose no news is good news

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Wonder if Polina Korobeynikova is injured. Nikol Gosviani is now at COC instead of her.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast