Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Injuries & Ills: 2013-14

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Wonder if Polina Korobeynikova is injured. Nikol Gosviani is now at COC instead of her.
    Korobeynikova's career is probably over like Zhang
    she is now taller than Carolina Kostner btw

Custom Title
    How sad. Apparently Osmond still is in pain; I wonder if she will pull out of Skate Canada?

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Kiira Korpi Official
    ‏@kiirakorpi_fi
    First glides on the #ice after two months!! Almost felt like I've never skated in my life before...… http://instagram.com/p/gXZooTEAVL/
    12:03 AM - 6 Nov 13
    https://twitter.com/kiirakorpi_fi/st...97662068543488

Tripping on the Podium
    Madison Hubbell shares about a hip injury she has been fighting through this season in her new blog on Icenetwork-
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/12/03/64354274

Custom Title
    Has anybody heard how Daisuke is doing?

I've looked around here on GS, but this is the last info I've been able to find:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post797894

There's a thread re Daisuke's injury on the GPF subforum, but, alas, it has devolved into a Hanyu discussion, so nothing really relevant there.

Custom Title
    There was an article about Kiira Korpi in a Finnish newspaper a few days ago. She isn't going to return to LA to train with Arutunian in December as originally planned. Her rehab has gone pretty well but she isn't doing any jumps yet. She has been practicing together with the national team and also a Finnish ice dance group a few times a week. Kiira is still having some pain in her foot, experiencing some "electric shock" kind of pain, but according to her doctor it is only a good thing and shows that she is recovering. Kiira is planning to return to LA in the beginning of next year. To me it sounds like she won't have enough time to be ready for Worlds. She was hoping to compete there.

Medalist
    Oh no.. :(

In which paper was this? I haven't heard anything and usually her news are told also in tabloids and nothing there..

Custom Title
    It was in Aamulehti I think.

Custom Title
    Has anyone heard any news about Anna Cappellini? There are no practice reports from Fukuoka (at least I couldn't find any in English), but I heard from a few sources that Anna fell pretty badly during the practice session and hurt her head. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
    Has anyone heard any news about Anna Cappellini? There are no practice reports from Fukuoka (at least I couldn't find any in English), but I heard from a few sources that Anna fell pretty badly during the practice session and hurt her head. :(
    This is what she posted on their Facebook page this morning (European time):
    "Nothing wakes you up like a good scary fall in practice! All patched up now, resting cozy in my room and getting ready for tomorrow!!!!
    Many thanks to the Japanese Medica Staff, also at the hospital )))"

It seems that they are planning to skate. I really hope that they will be able to do so and achieve good results!

Custom Title
    does anyone know if Korpi is not going to the Olympics? Are Kavaguti and Smirnov finished for sure? will they retire. While not really an injury what about Reynolds? He has not skated at all and was or is no. 5 in the world? Any news about Osmond or is she too finished for this year? I know she competed this weekend at the Skate Canaada Challenge and won with a huge freeskate which would nonly win in Canada. But she can't do some jumps still and had to water down the program and looking at the pcs was tenatitive. Any news, on Joubert though I am not sure if he is injured or what. Hegellson is she coming back or will she let her sister go to the Olympics. Dai is he doing okay? We all were left floored with the most shocking news that Evan is not skating at the uS nationals. I am sure people are just in absolute utter shock, stunned, blindsided. who could have seen this (as mean as it sounds). But really there is something kind of annoying that you feel misled; given false hope so and so is skating when realistically it probably wasn't happening. I am sad his dream is over but really as odd as it sounds he got the best of both world - looks like he gave it his all and he doens't look like a fool about getting beaten by so many skaters.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    does anyone know if Korpi is not going to the Olympics?
    Korpi is not competing in Sochi. Finland did not qualify for a spot in the ladies' competition at the Olympics.
    Korpi could not compete in Sochi even if she had a miraculous recovery overnight.

Custom Title
    I forgot about that - qualification issue since she didn't skate at world's last year and finland couldn't do it when it counted at Nelborn. Sad. I wonder if she will retire after this year?

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I forgot about that - qualification issue since she didn't skate at world's last year and finland couldn't do it when it counted at Nelborn. Sad. I wonder if she will retire after this year?
    She probably won't go to Europeans but if she is considering retirement it would be nice if she could finish off with a farewell competition like Worlds 2014. BTW she (Kiira) was on Finnish tv during the GPF talking about her friendship with Ashley Wagner and Adam Rippon as well as figure skating costumes and the rise of Russian skaters

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast