4 Cathy REED / Chris REED JPN 48.33

Warm-Up Group 2
    5 Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS CAN 49.76
    6 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 59.96
    7 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 60.84
    8 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 69.86

Live Result: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2012/SEG008.HTM

possible stream: http://tvonsite.org/index.php?kanal=sport2 Cnopt 2
    Last edited by auser; 11-23-2012 at 11:24 PM.

On the Ice
    Stream is working for me.

Custom Title
    Ice Dancers are warming up. Best wishes to all dancers. http://tvonsite.org/index.php?kanal=sport2 Cnopt 2 is working.

Custom Title
    Yes! Stream is working and so far, not freezing.

Custom Title
    I'm liking Yu/Wang's program better than some of their previous FD's, especially the choreography. ISU says Camerlengo did the choreo--which would explain things.

Custom Title
    H/Z have a pleasant presence on ice, if a bit slow. But I hope they rethink those music cuts to Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

I like Coombs and Buckland actually. Really energetic and good lines in general. That one lift is a bit crazy for me but overall a really solid effort.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I like Coombs and Buckland actually. Really energetic and good lines in general. That one lift is a bit crazy for me but overall a really solid effort.
    I think they did that program a lot better here than at Cup of Russia.

ETA: Just realized that NHK is like a COR reunion of sorts. Half of the teams here (I/K, Shibs, O/W and C/B) were at COR.

I like them too. I'm not sure exactly what the theme of the FD was, since I blinked and missed the part when the name of the music came up, but it was good.

Custom Title
    I'm perplexed and frustrated by the Chinese dance teams. These two couples have been around long enough, they should have been improving a lot more than what's being put out on the ice. And their scores seem to be going backward. I know they are good skaters and have more talent than we're seeing. Coaching limitations? Do these two need more than just a western choreographer and also need a different primary coaching situation?....all theoretical of course, since the Chinese Fed mostly insists on doing things their own way.

On the Ice
    I like Coomes and Buckland too, but I wish they would work more on good synchronization.

Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    I like them too. I'm not sure exactly what the theme of the FD was, since I blinked and missed the part when the name of the music came up, but it was good.
    Not gonna lie I don't really get the theme either, but I enjoyed watching them and that's good enough for me for now I agree with everyone who said they thought he program was better here than at CoR.

Custom Title
    To me, C/B are sloppy and most of their contact skating is side by side or killian-type holds, which seems a bit easy. I do think they are coming along and would like to see a strong GBR team and worthy successors to the Kerrs. They're not top drawer soup yet though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisheba View Post
    I like Coomes and Buckland too, but I wish they would work more on good synchronization.
    Yeah, on the slo-mo replay, twizzles looked a bit out of sync.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    To me, C/B are sloppy and most of their contact skating is side by side or killian-type holds, which seems a bit easy. I do think they are coming along and would like to see a strong GBR team and worthy successors to the Kerrs. They're not top drawer soup yet though.
    Yes, the holds need work. I don't think they are that sloppy anymore though they surely could improve (and I hope they will). They aren't one of my favorites don't get me wrong, but I do like watching them now and hope they'll continue to improve.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast