6 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV RUS 59.96
7 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI USA 60.84
8 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE USA 69.86

Live Result: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2012/SEG008.HTM

possible stream: http://tvonsite.org/index.php?kanal=sport2 Cnopt 2

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm liking Yu/Wang's program better than some of their previous FD's, especially the choreography. ISU says Camerlengo did the choreo--which would explain things.

auser

Record Breaker
H/Z have a pleasant presence on ice, if a bit slow. But I hope they rethink those music cuts to Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I like Coombs and Buckland actually. Really energetic and good lines in general. That one lift is a bit crazy for me but overall a really solid effort.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I like Coombs and Buckland actually. Really energetic and good lines in general. That one lift is a bit crazy for me but overall a really solid effort.

I think they did that program a lot better here than at Cup of Russia.

ETA: Just realized that NHK is like a COR reunion of sorts. Half of the teams here (I/K, Shibs, O/W and C/B) were at COR.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

I like them too. I'm not sure exactly what the theme of the FD was, since I blinked and missed the part when the name of the music came up, but it was good.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'm perplexed and frustrated by the Chinese dance teams. These two couples have been around long enough, they should have been improving a lot more than what's being put out on the ice. And their scores seem to be going backward. I know they are good skaters and have more talent than we're seeing. Coaching limitations? Do these two need more than just a western choreographer and also need a different primary coaching situation?....all theoretical of course, since the Chinese Fed mostly insists on doing things their own way.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I like them too. I'm not sure exactly what the theme of the FD was, since I blinked and missed the part when the name of the music came up, but it was good.

Not gonna lie I don't really get the theme either, but I enjoyed watching them and that's good enough for me for now :) I agree with everyone who said they thought he program was better here than at CoR.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker

To me, C/B are sloppy and most of their contact skating is side by side or killian-type holds, which seems a bit easy. I do think they are coming along and would like to see a strong GBR team and worthy successors to the Kerrs. They're not top drawer soup yet though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
To me, C/B are sloppy and most of their contact skating is side by side or killian-type holds, which seems a bit easy. I do think they are coming along and would like to see a strong GBR team and worthy successors to the Kerrs. They're not top drawer soup yet though.

Yes, the holds need work. I don't think they are that sloppy anymore though they surely could improve (and I hope they will). They aren't one of my favorites don't get me wrong, but I do like watching them now and hope they'll continue to improve.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The Reeds were pleasant to watch....but I think their tech was a bit lacking. I'd put them behind C/B.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Hey I like the Reed's program! Something different for a change. Cool dress, too. Agree on the tech-lite though.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I think the Reeds have improved a LOT this year. I don't feel a great connection between them and the music here but the audience seemed to love it so maybe that's just me.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I was pleasantly surprised the Reeds skated to that (even though that music is somewhat overused). Interesting costumes! I would have them behind Coomes and Buckland..