2012 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Ok, I am officially on the Ross Miner bandwagon. :love: You guys are going to laugh at me, but in another couple of years, with the right combo of music, choreo, and artistry coaching, this fellow could have the interpretive presence of Jeremy Abbott, but with a lot more technical consistency. Miner's got the right head and nerves for competition.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ok, I am officially on the Ross Miner bandwagon. :love: You guys are going to laugh at me, but in another couple of years, with the right combo of music, choreo, and artistry coaching, this fellow could have the interpretive presence of Jeremy Abbott, but with a lot more technical consistency. Miner's got the right head and nerves for competition.

I've been on the Ross Miner bandwagon a long time ago -- even when there was no one on it. ;)

samson

Medalist
WOW. Miner's quad looked like a triple to me. That was a performance. Still very subtle, workman Miner like. But he's growing technically and artistically. Some of the spins were nice too.

Holy cow 161.96. Is that a personal best? He so happy and he should be.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
161.96 ---New PB!!!!!!!

And he officially has the highest FS and overall SB out of all the U.S. men.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Um....could Miner get his second NHK medal?

ETA: Not that I'm wishing ill will on Javier. I'm actually quite sad. :(

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Fernandez having a disaster, really feel bad for him. Nerves? After that big fall, looked almost like something is screwy with the boot or blade. Those takeoffs and landings just looked uncharacteristically weird, not just "off" but weird off.

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

Music: Charlie Chaplin Medley

Black pants, white shirt, brown tweed and satin vest w/ black tie.

4T - stepout, hand down
4S
2A
CSSp
StSq
4T - hard fall, no combo
Another fall, not on an element!
3Lz - stepout, knee down
3Lo+2T
3F+1Lo+3S
FCSp
ChSt
3S - stepout, hand down
CCoSp

Lots of mistakes, sadly. Should lose the FS to Miner, not sure overall...

herios

Medalist
Looking at these American men, suddenly I'm wondering what happened to Mroz? Is he done? Haven't seen him in the GP series.

Mroz not done. He just is not getting GP assignments this year, only "B" events, because he was 14 at US Nationals last year.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Fernandez looks slow is he sick ?

he's bombing

I don't think Javi's sick, he had a very hard fall on his second-half-of-program quad that looked very painful. I hope he isn't injured or anything, and can still make the GPF....

samson

Medalist
Miner gets his second grand prix medal and a great case for a spot on the world team this year.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That Ross Miner...he's always sneaking onto podiums, you know? That happened at NHK last year.