Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    I think it makes sense for him to stay at home, there are only two weeks left until the GPF and travelling from Japan to Russia is a lot better than going from Sendai to Toronto and back across the ocean to Sochi (especially considering jet lag, etc). I doubt anything major could be accomplished in the 10 days they'd have to work together in Canada, and Yuzuru apparently hasn't been home in a couple months. Maybe he needs to catch up on homework too.
    Javi didn't go back to Spain...

Is Yuzu by himself totally?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post

Well, Yuzuru staying at home means he doesn't have to travel, and he has a home + rink for the next few weeks anyway ;p. If Javier's gotta fly somewhere, might as well be to Toronto where he can train.

Don't know coach-wise D:, but I'm sure his family's there with him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by giulia95 View Post

Javi went back to Toronto with Orser. I think Yuzuru is staying in Sendai because he has exams.

The reason a lot of people aren't complaining about Hanyu's win is because Hanyu didn't win because he was given huge PCS over everyone else. Patrick would get PCS in the upper 80s for three fall programs and that's where people would hem and haw. In this program Dai won the PCS mark and Hanyu took the free based on TES. And its understandable Hanyu took it based on TES if you look at the program.

One of the biggest things of anger is when PCS are used to hold up skaters.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    The reason a lot of people aren't complaining about Hanyu's win is because Hanyu didn't win because he was given huge PCS over everyone else. Patrick would get PCS in the upper 80s for three fall programs and that's where people would hem and haw. In this program Dai won the PCS mark and Hanyu took the free based on TES. And its understandable Hanyu took it based on TES if you look at the program.

One of the biggest things of anger is when PCS are used to hold up skaters.

Maybe Nanami Abe Yuzuru's coach for many years before his move to Brian will be coaching him while he is in Japan. I understand that they are on good terms.
    Just a thought.....and speculation on my part. I am sure he is very happy to be home in Japan even if it is for a little while.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 11-27-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kalina View Post
    no quotes yet from him, but orser was interviewed by cbc after the free skate: here

about orser giving more attention to one or the other, i think nobody can't say that with certainty after just one competition. We'd have to be there and watch them train everyday. Javi seemed pretty happy in interviews and said that they were a group like the detroit skating club now, and he did win his first gp just one week later of hanyu beating the wr for the first time. So, i hope nothing will change for him and that he'll receive the attention he needs. He's a very nice guy, a great athlete and a great sportsman, imo.
    ita!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Because he wants to use Morozov's Russian influence for Sochi Olympics.
    So, according to your logic Hanyu switched to Orser because he wanted the Canadian influence on ISU (seems like it's working). And I/K switched from Zhulin to Morozov probably because Nikolai rents rinks in US on a regular basis, therefore he contributes in the US economy, so SA will pay their influence card. Brrr... and then the same people accuse others of being conspiracy lovers .
    Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Have we read the same thread? Or by "people" you mean only those whose opinions suit yours? Hanyu's PCS was way overscored (only 4.28 over Dai), with that dying-kid prog of no-character routine that he could hardly finished. A pale-shadow of his last season's himself. If Yuzu's PCS was 10 points or around lower Dai as he deserves, than Takahashi would have won FS with a little gap. It didn't happen thanks to PCS manupulation like with Chan's PCS. Btw, your info is outdated, mid 80 he gets for the prog with 4 falls and over 90 for the one with three doubles.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 11-27-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Custom Title
    To set the record straight, Takahashi said it himself that he wanted to use Morozov's Russian influence because 2014 Olympics is in Sochi, Russia. Someone just wanted to make it look like I have invented it. The same old tricks! Hanyu did not say anything about Canadian influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    The same question can be made about the skating
    The point is where is the vast outrageous cries on "fall and win" this time?! Where is the multi pages and multi threads calling on conspiracy and political play by JSF as they did on SC?! Where is the splitting-hair fashioned analysis second by second on Hanyu's skating and every single category in his PCS like they did on Patrick Chan?! I think you have to agree that it did show the double standard in treating different skaters, even different skating fans. And it did show who is more vocal and biased. Vocal is perfectly fine or we won't have forums. But the extreme unfairness among posts is getting too big sometimes. It's actually so predictable.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 11-27-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    There is no outcry as strong as the ladies event, but there is anger with Hanyu's scores starting from the SP and carrying onto the FS where some thought Takahashi should have won. Posters have been unhappy with Hanyu's high PCS, coining a new term - Yuzuflation.
    Personally, I thought Hanyu did enough to win overall. The performance aspect of his FS might have been bad, but his tes kept him up there.
    Who won the FS and overall for you?
    For me, Ross Miner won the FS. Overall, I don't know since I only casually watched the SP and to find the overall winner, I'll need to do precise calculations.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pitterpatter View Post
    Ah okay, I watched it live via the internet as well, and thought it was counted as a fall since he put his hands down - honest mistake, and I apologize for that. At the same time though, he got -2s and -3s in GOEs and did indeed miss the combo, so falling vs not falling in this case wouldn't have made a huge difference point-wise... am I missing something here? Dai made some significant mistakes, I don't get the emphasis on falling ...
    I wasn't the one emphasizing on falling. There is a group of people here, very vocal about skaters falling and win. The same people just turned a blind eye an shut up in this competition, I was asking for their take to better understand their change of heart.

Custom Title
    This difference between the ladies and gents for me is nil. I didn't argue for ladies or men because I think i'm just tired of the way this sport is judged whether it's 6.0 or COP. There is just no use so I've step back some from this sport. I no longer have this unbreakable bond to the sport like I use to.

BB- I can only speak for myself but I think a lot of folks on this board have a lot to say about the outcome of certain competitions but prefer to keep it to themselves.

My rantings won't change anything and I don't have the energy or time to be snarky.
    Last edited by demarinis5; 11-27-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    This difference between the ladies and gents for me is nil. I didn't argue for ladies or men because I think i'm just tired of the way this sport is judged whether it's 6.0 or COP. There is just no use so I've step back some from this sport. I no longer have this unbreakable bond to the sport like I use to.
    I feel the same way sometimes. When Dai retires I may become a lurker again. lol

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    I wasn't the one emphasizing on falling. There is a group of people here, very vocal about skaters falling and win. The same people just turned a blind eye an shut up in this competition, I was asking for their take to better understand their change of heart.
    How about the fact that this group you're referring to simply just don't like the skater they were complaining about? I feel that's some people.

But again, for most, I think it's a matter of WHY they won despite not how many times they fall. I don't really like falls and would be OK if there was more penalization for them, but even if you invalided Hanyu's lutz + spin for falling, he still would have been second in TES (83.20 is lower than Ross' 86.74.). He would be second, overall, behind Takahashi, but still win overall.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast