2012 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate

lavender

Record Breaker
So Hanyu will have to rely mostly on his short. Mostly under 8.00 in the pcs department...rightfully.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well it looks like D/W had the better program to Norte Dame this time around....That said, I don't think this is a terrible program for Hanyu. There's a lot more going on technically in this FS, which I think is causing him to not connect with the music as much as he usually does.

I think it could be really good with some more work on it...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wow, it just occurred to me that Ross now has the No. 6 SB in the FS list and No. 8 overall. Who would have thought?!

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
herios said:
He should noy have won the FS with that performance. Thumbs dwn for the judges....

Hanyu won the TES. Whoever you think should have won was already behind in the TES department.

I'm really happy for Yuzuru. That mistake on the spin was really weird, but it was much better than SA. Last year he got better with his FS over time too, the first really good version of it was at GPF. So let's see what he does in 2 weeks :)

flaneur

On the Ice
I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I quite dislike hanyu's biellman. It is amazing that he is able to hit the position but whenever he does it it really slows the spin to a halt.

Anyhow, congratulations to Hanyu, Takahashi, and Fernandez for making it to the GPF! It is going to be really interesting competition :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
While Daisuke and Yuzuru are at the top of my list I just don't like their Free Skates this season. They were so awesome last season, both of them and now it just falls short. Oh well, I just tell myself that this is the lacklustre pre-Olympic season....at least I hope it is, program-wise.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I know this might be an unpopular opinion, but I quite dislike hanyu's biellman. It is amazing that he is able to hit the position but whenever he does it it really slows the spin to a halt.

Anyhow, congratulations to Hanyu, Takahashi, and Fernandez for making it to the GPF! It is going to be really interesting competition :)

Your opinion is popular with me.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So GPF will be Patrick, Tatsuki, Taka, Dai, Yuzuru and Javier, right?

Patrick Chan -28
Yuzuru Hanyu -28
Takahiko Kozuka 28
Tatsuki Machida-26 (1st+3rd)
Daisuke Takahashi 26 (two 2nd)
Javier Fernandez -24 (1st +4th)

Also it's worth noting we have six different GP gold medalists, which has not happened before.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
Felt abit sorry Javier had a struggle. Enjoyable skater but don't think he is yet the class of Hanyu, Takahashi, and Chan. Loved both Takahashi and Hanyu even with the mistakes. Takahashi always skates with his heart and expresses the music so well. Such a mature skater. Hanyu is exciting and just floats and goes all out. Not quite the artistry of Chan and Takahashi in maturity but love all three of them. Will be quite a competition with them all. Hanyu ended with 261.03 and Patrick at cor 262.35. My gosh how close they can be. Hanyu with his amazing short and Patrick with his free. Cannot forget about Takahashi though, he really grabs you.

evangeline

Record Breaker
While Daisuke and Yuzuru are at the top of my list I just don't like their Free Skates this season. They were so awesome last season, both of them and now it just falls short. Oh well, I just tell myself that this is the lacklustre pre-Olympic season....at least I hope it is, program-wise.

That is what I tell myself too...hopefully this means their programs will be great next year!

Plus there is that twisted horrible side of me that secretly hopes Daisuke will continue to not win and get marked lower on PCS so that he will see the error of his ways and will dump Morozov, plus go back to David Wilson and/or Pasquale Camerlengo for some real choreography for the Olympic season.

herios

Medalist
Hanyu won the TES. Whoever you think should have won was already behind in the TES department.

I'm really happy for Yuzuru. That mistake on the spin was really weird, but it was much better than SA. Last year he got better with his FS over time too, the first really good version of it was at GPF. So let's see what he does in 2 weeks :)

I don't speak about his TES. He is overscored in PCS. The fact that he slows down so much in the second half of his program and he drags the program to the end should be reflected a lot more.

flaneur

On the Ice
That is what I tell myself too...hopefully this means their programs will be great next year!

Plus there is that twisted horrible side of me that secretly hopes Daisuke will continue to not win and get marked lower on PCS so that he will see the error of his ways and will dump Morozov, plus go back to David Wilson and/or Pasquale Camerlengo for some real choreography for the Olympic season.

LOL... (me too)

koheikun90

On the Ice
A mini Japanese Nationals at the GPF!!!! If only Takahito Mura and Nobunari Oda performed well in 2 events....cant wait!!!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Protocals!http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpjpn2012/gpjpn2012_Men_FS_Scores.pdf

Hanyu-- lots of -GOE...but he also got big + GOE including 2.00 for his 3A-3T, 1.3 for his 3F. That spin went down to level one and got major -GOE. Also got -GOE on the 4S, the 3Z-2T (scratcy landings) and the 3Z that he fell on.

Takahashi - UR + negative GOE on the second 4T (w/ the 2T combo), -GOE on the 3A SEQ. otherwise postive +GOE on everything else, though not as high as we've seen from him in the past.

Miner - Only negative GOE on the 3F due to an edge call. His 4S got a nice +1.29 in GOE. :biggrin:

Richard -- Well hey, he finished 4th in the FS! Besides the -GOE from the fall on the 4T, he got postive GOE on everything else though not huge GOE (nothing above 1 point)

Javier---well lots of -2 and -3 on many jumps, not surprisingly.

bixby

Final Flight
I don't speak about his TES. He is overscored in PCS. The fact that he slows down so much in the second half of his program and he drags the program to the end should be reflected a lot more.

It was actually painful to watch his program from the second half all the way to the end. Now it's even painful to see his PCS. Are the judges watching something else.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Okay lakeside, if you're reading this -- you do have a case with PCS and Javier at this competition. It is odd that he got the same PCS as Ross who skated a beautiful FS.

herios

Medalist
Okay lakeside, if you're reading this -- you do have a case with PCS and Javier at this competition. It is odd that he got the same PCS as Ross who skated a beautiful FS.

Exctly. Both Javier and Yuzuru were a lot overscored in PCS, like a carry over of their SP impression.