Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by auser View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me about why Dai T went back to Morozov. I can't put into words my respect, admiration and appreciation for Dai's skating on an artistic level. But I don't feel like Morozov's programs bring out the nuances of his skating that show him to the best advantage. I love Golden Skate forums because there are many well informed, multilingual posters here. I am hoping someone has read or seen an interview with Takahashi that illuminates his choices for this season.
    I think there were a lot of interviews in summer on Dai thread where his choice to go back to Morozov was explained. He said Nikolai helped him with confidence and could incourage him, believe in himself when it was necessary. As for his progs, it's not Morozov who choreographed them. His SP was done by Abe and his FS was by Bourne. I agree that his current progs are not the same level of masterpieces as his last year's were. But. He had two magnificient progs last season and won nothing (except WTT after/and thanks to booing in Nice). Judges never understood Blues, I think in general they don't appreciate Camerlengo. They are more open to overused music like Boheme, POTO, Aranjues, etc., so it might explain Dai's choice. It's tough for a skater to push artistic boundaries when no one in power wants it . I am angry because we could have got two more masterpieces from Dai this season, like we did the season before.

This sport is getting more and more into joke. I keep watching it just because my favourites are still competeing (Dai, Plu, others), so I want to supporrt them. After Sochi I might switch into attending ice shows only with my guys. And probably Medal Winners Open where folks with balls compete and judges' games are not that shameful.
    Last edited by let`s talk; 11-24-2012 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    This sport is getting more and more into joke. I keep watching it just because my favourites are still competeing (Dai, Plu, others), so I want to supporrt them. After Sochi I might switch into attending ice shows only with my guys. And probably Medal Winners Open where folks with balls compete and judges' games are not that shameful.
    Good on you.

Custom Title
    Japan could sweep the podium at GPF and world's wow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Good on you.
    Oh, well, I forgot your guy will pobably troll Medal Winners Open too! Unless together with inflations of all kinds and the retirement of lead skaters, the popularity of FS in Japan will go down too and MWO becomes unexistant. I don't mind seeing your dude's butt on the ice in shows, especially in his new company, just to see once again how good others are in comparison.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Japan could sweep the podium at GPF and world's wow.
    Don't forget Plu. He might attend the Worlds. It's not set yet.

Custom Title
    The term "Yuzuflation" that I introduced in another thread is now official...the response on Chanflation...
    Topic of the year: Chanflation > Yuflation or Yuflation > Chanflation??
    The fact that Hanyu's PCSs are mostly high 7s, not mid-8s like his SP tells me a lot about the judges' integrity.

Banned
    ^ Yet, it was more than enough for him to win FS with that miserable skating. Also, you forgot GOE, and a gap after SP, as a part of inflation. There are a lot of ways around for judges to end up the "right" guy with the gold around his neck. We saw it for the last two seasons, why not to see it now. Remember- Yuzuflation is the direct and logical result of Chanflation, with others waiting in a line!

God bless CoP!

PS: don't say "Yuflation" (Yuna fans might not like that. )

Custom Title
    Yuzuflation is the direct and logical result of Chanflation, with others waiting in a line!
    You may argue that one that waits in line is Maoflation if you have watched the lady's competition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    You may argue that one that waits in line is Maoflation if you have watched the lady's competition.
    Of course I watched. Mao didn't win FS with some lousy skating. Akiko herself lost the chance in SP. Still Mao looked like at funeral in K&C and on the podium, shocked herself at the score. VolTran's reaction was quite similar after FS at CoR. That's how athletes of fair play react when they deal with questionable judging. They don't accept it proudly with nose up like Yuzu, Chan or Wagner have the habit to do.

^ Yet, it was more than enough for him to win FS with that miserable skating. Also, you forgot GOE, and a gap after SP, as a part of inflation. There are a lot of ways around for judges to end up the "right" guy with the gold around his neck. We saw it for the last two seasons, why not to see it now. Remember- Yuzuflation is the direct and logical result of Chanflation, with others waiting in a line!

God bless CoP!

PS: don't say "Yuflation" (Yuna fans might not like that. )
    And maybe Hanyu deserves the GOE that he gets. Quality wise Hanyu in terms of jumps and spins is probably the best of the men's field. Daisuke has a tendency to underrotate and some would say he lucked out a bit getting only one jump called here. His PCS were not through the roof by any stretch. Gut that GOE is fair.

3) poor posture & SS.
    I don't care for Hanyu's posture-but poor skating skills. Hanyu has fabulous skating skills. I understand being upset your favorite didn't win but give some credit where credit is due. And if you want to disagree with me, I'll mention that Piseev (I believe) the head of the Russian Federations skating actually commented on what a fantastic SKATER Hanyu was. (Chan even more so) but he complimented Hanyu as well on Hanyu's skating skills. What is in it for Piseev to compliment Hanyu on being wonderful there if its not true.
    Last edited by bekalc; 11-24-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Custom Title
    Yuzuru got almost the same PCS like when he skated in cup of Russia last year where he also had two falls and also run out of gas, he skated much better here than skate America and still got less PCS. I don't think there is any home advantage toward him at all. He got almost 4 poins behind Daisuke on PCS and Daisuke program is not that great this year. He only won because of tes score which he totally deserve the GOE. If Daisuke didn't ur his jump he will definately win LP. Yuzuru might have 2 falls but the tes let him win, I think Daisuke PCS at cup of China is even more controversial than Yuzuru's score here.

By the way, judging people character just the way they look in kiss and cry is just .
    Last edited by treeloving; 11-24-2012 at 08:59 AM.

I think the placement in the long was fair.

Dai had many little errors that marred the program, and that cost him. One he could've survived. But I counted more than 3, and his jumps aren't as big and good as Hanyu's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Quality wise Hanyu in terms of jumps and spins is probably the best of the men's field.
    Yeah, like the one that he did today on his butt. Speaking by your words he lucked out a bit getting it counted as executed.
    His PCS were not through the roof by any stretch.
    Give me a break if you please. But that 0.54 lower than Dai for Performance/Execution is for idiots. The kid could hardly finish the prog. Yeah, better than SA though if it helps . No way he should have won FS here over Dai.
    And if you want to disagree with me, I'll mention that Piseev (I believe) the head of the Russian Federations skating actually commented on what a fantastic SKATER Hanyu was. (Chan even more so) but he complimented Hanyu as well on Hanyu's skating skills. What is in it for Piseev to compliment Hanyu on being wonderful there if its not true.
    Next time fix your quote. You made it look like I was the one who wrote "3)poor posture &SS." which I didn't. As for Piseev, then no, he is not the head of "the Russian Federations" (whatever that means). And surely he is not some authority, knowing his history, for any reasonable person. Unless you want to mock someone, then Piseev reference as authority will work perfectly well.

I'm just watching the repeat of this on the stream now. I wish Takahashi would have won, and I also wish he had a different FS. It's really lackluster compared to the ones of the last several seasons. Miner really skated lights out. Too bad about Javier's mistakes. I'm not really going to comment on Yuzuru, since I'm barely paying attention to his program and I'm really not a fan of the guy. Granted, Takahashi wasn't his BEST self today. Btw, I think Patrick Chan is still far superior to Hanyu in pretty much every way. Just glanced at my screen and saw the spin fall - yikes!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Wow, it just occurred to me that Ross now has the No. 6 SB in the FS list and No. 8 overall. Who would have thought?!
    ME!! lol, well maybe not exactly, but I do feel Ross's skating has been underappreciated. Glad to see him get bronze here.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast