Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Shelepen Polina ‏@shelepen
    С этим я не согласна!!!акико лучше
    3:36 AM - 24 Nov 12

Translation: "I don't agree with this!!! Akiko was better"

Rinkside
    OMG, I registered cuz I'm pissed off.

It seems Mao wins whatever she does on ice.
    We might not have to watch the Grand Prix Final because the results are already fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by queen_of_ice View Post
    OMG, I registered cuz I'm pissed off.

It seems Mao wins whatever she does on ice.
    We might not have to watch the Grand Prix Final because the results are already fixed.
    Maybe not since it's in Sochi this year. So the influence of the pro-Mao JP federation is somewhat limited.

Custom Title
    THis NHK trophy was surprised you?

At 2008 worlds, Mao didn't do anything for 15sec after huge fallin' down in her LP, and got gold.

Her point is always mystery. More screwed, More PCS score...

It's kind of compensation for the loss...i think...

Custom Title
    I have thought for years (most of her time in seniors) that Mao Asada is an overrated skater. Even her elusive barely-3A didn't wow me much. And now, I think she is clearly past her prime. No question in my mind that this ladies' competition was rigged. What the JSF sees in this skater, compared to the others they also have in the stable, I cannot figure out. I know that Mao has no control over her scores, and I know it seems childish to declare I hope she loses future competitions--especially to Akiko--I'm going to do so anyway. There needs to be some levelling force in the universe to administer some skating/judging justice.

I cannot imagine the hurt that Akiko Suzuki must feel. Not once, but she's now 2 for 2 this season at getting screwed over, mostly by low PCS judging for herself and over-inflation for the preordained favorite at SC and NHK. And the lowballing didn't start this year, it's been going on well...forever. I would like to see a public explanation by the ISU for exactly why Akiko's PCS scores are justified, relative to Mao and some other skaters that consistently earn higher for essentially the same or lesser components. I know, pigs will fly first.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post

I cannot imagine the hurt that Akiko Suzuki must feel. Not once, but she's now 2 for 2 this season at getting screwed over, mostly by low PCS judging for herself and over-inflation for the preordained favorite at SC and NHK. And the lowballing didn't start this year, it's been going on well...forever. I would like to see a public explanation by the ISU for exactly why Akiko's PCS scores are justified, relative to Mao and some other skaters that consistently earn higher for essentially the same or lesser components. I know, pigs will fly first.
    I totally agree with this! Why it always Akiko who skated good but lose!

I have thought for years (most of her time in seniors) that Mao Asada is an overrated skater. Even her elusive barely-3A didn't wow me much. And now, I think she is clearly past her prime. No question in my mind that this ladies' competition was rigged. What the JSF sees in this skater, compared to the others they also have in the stable, I cannot figure out. I know that Mao has no control over her scores, and I know it seems childish to declare I hope she loses future competitions--especially to Akiko--I'm going to do so anyway. There needs to be some levelling force in the universe to administer some skating/judging justice.

There's a part of me that wonders if her federation wants her gone. As in the JSF wants Akiko to retire and stop threatening Mao's chances.

Custom Title
    I cannot imagine the hurt that Akiko Suzuki must feel.
    I would like to see a public explanation by the ISU for exactly why Akiko's PCS scores are justified, relative to Mao and some other skaters that consistently earn higher for essentially the same or lesser components.
    I agree but I think Mao must be hurt as well. Listen to her victory interview. She was so embarassed by the questions she came up with throw away answers which made the audience laugh. Had I been in her position, I would have been deeply hurt.

On the Ice
    Lol what a joke

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    There's a part of me that wonders if her federation wants her gone. As in the JSF wants Akiko to retire and stop threatening Mao's chances.
    It seems this way. The JSF has seemingly done everything it could to discourage the poor woman from continuing on, short of sending a Yakuza to whack her knee.

another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even through asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!
    Last edited by mary01; 11-24-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Custom Title
    Asada's 3A challenge was unavoidable choice.
    Her Jump mechanism is poor.
    She can jump loop, axel and flip.
    Her lutz looks same as flip, and her salchow as her loop.
    We can distinguish between lutz(salchow) and flip(loop) only by her protocol.
    Asada without 3A is normal skater.

Now she can't even try 3A, and she got only accumulated PCS score.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even if asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!
    Not a hater, and no, the protocols do not explain what everybody saw out there on the ice. But in all your posts, you show that you are such a blind fan that you can't see what's going on. And you're missing the point. Mao should not have had a 10 point lead. At best, that SP was a 60. At best. Akiko didn't mess up her SP nearly as much as Mao messed up her FS.

Let me spell it out for you honey, so you understand: MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER. And she didn't deserve to win. At this competition, she barely deserved a spot on the podium, maybe bronze. Got it? The judges for this competition sucked. Plain as day, no doubt about it.

Custom Title
    another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even if asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!
    To be fair, bigsisjiejie is one of the least hater-inclined posters I've found on this forum. I do think Mao's GOE in the SP were a little extravagant, and that the 10 point lead should probably have been a little smaller; similarly, in the FS Mao's GOE seemed excessive for what she put out there. I'm speaking as a Mao fan, and I think Akiko should have won; what she laid down in the FS, compared to Mao's effort, was of such quality that, even with the 10 point cushion, she should have edged Mao out. And I don't believe the 10 point cushion should have been quite that large in the first place.

(On another note- Mirai medalled!!! )

another hater

Another blind fan.

You think Mao's 3 ratified triples should be enough to hand her a gold medal over Akiko's 6 ratified triples, including 3Lz & 3F?

According to you:

3F + 3Lo + 3T >>>>>>>>>> (3Lz x 2) + 3F + 3Lo + 3S + 3T

Mao's "mistakes" also resulted in doubling of 3 triples and 1 popped triple. Yet some foolish judges gave her 2 GOE on DOUBLED TRIPLES. That's FAIR AND EQUITABLE JUDGING?

She also skated slowly, lifelessly and even her spins lacked the usual speed. Yet they all deserve Level 4 & 1-2GOE?

All those combined should've more than erased what edge she had over Akiko due to her error in SP.
    Last edited by Nadia01; 11-24-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast