Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

Custom Title
    Chan has never had as bad skates as Mao is having and Mao is winning. But forget winning. Her medaling is completely disgraceful. Once again three triples and she can win an event. It's so pathetic and ridiculous and Mao is not deserving and needs to give back the medal because her win and her jumping is a total disgrace.

Custom Title
    All this Mao-hate and Mao-bashing that has sprung up due to these results are sad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Itcaip View Post
    positive GOE for her double jumps.

NICE
    So? One dude two weeks ago also got positive GOE for three doubled jumps, 9s for PCS, won FS and the event and took it for granted. No one has a patent for inflation. It started here, it will show up in another place too.

GREAT THREAD !!!!

Such a magnificient flow of poison, envy and greed towards one skater. And my buddies at Men's threads complain that I am malicious when I critisize Chan. Come on! I am like some moksha-speaking in Nirvana comparing to what stuff I've read here. Carry on, mean folks! I should visit Ladies' threads more often. You are really entertaining.

As for Akiko, I am not surprised that she didn't crack any 8 in her FS. The prog itself is one more gem from Camerlengo, who is my favourite choreographers ever, if not the most favourite. But Akiko is wearing someone else's dress. Skating an elegant beauty is what would suit Shizuka, even Mao could present this idea better. Akiko looks ridiculous in this image. The only what I did enjoy was the last seconds of her progs after she finished her jumps and went into chsq, being relaxed, as if she put some warmness and emotions in her skating, with great speed. If she had been skating like that all the prog, then her PCS would have been different I am sure.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_of_ice View Post
    Figure Skating is not a sport anymore.

I'm afraid it might be kicked out of the Olympics.
    Hopefully Mao wouldn't win Sochi 2014 with these jumps but it's very possible and if she did then I agree it shouldn't be in the Olympics.

Akiko: She was the winner tonight, it's clear, that FS deserved A LOT more than 62 PCS, it's just ridicolous...
    Mao: That's all I can say about her jumps, her "consistency", her win tonight... I love her but this wasn't a 117 program even if I understand why...
    Mirai: another So happy that she finally is on the podium! And, two clean FS in a row, that's not easy, guys! And she's the second US lady in the GP standings, right after Wagner and Gao, now I'm really hoping a medal at Nationals for her!

Custom Title
    Hopefully with this uproar the judges will get the point and stop over scoring Mao. When Patrick Chan was booed last year at Worlds it seemed to get the attention of the judges and maybe even the ISU and now when he doesn't skate well he's getting hit harder in his scores then he was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Sounds like Mao is getting the treatment that Chan has been getting for the last couple years but at Patrick can land a few triple jumps. Mao has been regressing technically for over 3 years now yet is still being held up. Say what you want about Carolina but at least she was landing more then 3 triple jumps last season when she was winning.
    I'm sorry for Mao, but I have to agree: Carolina has been consistent, she made one or two mistakes (not more!) at every competition she entered, but her programs were always 80%+ clean and she had a 3-3... One 3Lo, one 3F (really close to UR) and one 3T is really not enough to beat a 7-triples FS!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Mao is not deserving and needs to give back the medal
    I'm just curious: Has any skater ever volunteered to give back the medal because of presumed favoritism? I personally would not. I think it's rude to insult the judges in public, and it's kind of crossing the boundary: The skater's duty is to skate, not to be a judge. I probably would just grab the medal and run, hide under my blanket and cry, feeling ashamed of going outside...that's all. Self-punishment, I guess, for injustice that is no fault of mine. What would you do? Jump out of the podium to slap the judges' face?

Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    I'm just curious: Has any skater ever volunteered to give back the medal because of presumed favoritism? I personally would not. I think it's rude to insult the judges in public, and it's kind of crossing the boundary: The skater's duty is to skate, not to be a judge. I probably would just grab the medal and run, hide under my blanket and cry, feeling ashamed of going outside...that's all. Self-punishment, I guess, for injustice that is no fault of mine. What would you do? Jump out of the podium to slap the judges' face?
    I think if a skater were to give back the medal they may suffer at the hands of the judges in future competitions. I bet there were some skaters who WANTED to give back the medal, though.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    America would LOVE to have a skater of Akiko's skills, work ethics and presentation.
    We do have a vastly improved Ashley Wagner now...quickly approaching Suzuki's level, if not already there.

If America had Akiko skating for them this year, it could have potentially won 3 spots for Sochi (along w/ Ashley they'd do well enough for it).
    Hopefully one (two) of our own will be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    GREAT THREAD !!!!

Such a magnificient flow of poison, envy and greed towards one skater. And my buddies at Men's threads complain that I am malicious when I critisize Chan. Come on! I am like some moksha-speaking in Nirvana comparing to what stuff I've read here. Carry on, mean folks! I should visit Ladies' threads more often. You are really entertaining.

Now, seriously. I agree with what somebody said before, that the biggest problem is that Akiko has such low scores. Yes, Asada didn't deserve the score she got, in both sp and fs. But it's not the first time we all agree Akiko should have been higher in the rank and we always blame it on the higher scores of others, it's just that judges don't like Akiko as much as they should and as we do.

Btw, I loved Li Zijun and I think it's actually good that she's not considered right now such a wonder kid like other girls at her age are (Russians, Gracie). It would only add more pressure, which is not needed. I hope she will become a beautiful skater. I also have a question: can somebody tell me if her technique is ok? I know her 2 axel is little but what about other jumps? Do you think she is likely to loose them if she gains some weight? I wouldn't like it to happen, I love her!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post
    Sorry, Asada's SP score was overrated, too.

No 3-3 and got 67points? kidding...
    I don't think the SP was overscored. Yuna nearly got 66 points at worlds last year with a visible stepout and no 3-3. The LP for Mao, however, was vastly overscored. I think that's why sometimes I wish the old system were brought back. It's like you never know how the scoring is going to end up. I think the PCS of the skater should reflect the missed technical elements if the program falls flat and Akiko definitely deserved to win.
    Last edited by camion; 11-24-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Custom Title
    Knowing that she did not improve and in fact got worse from china is probably bad enough for Mao but giving the medal to akikio or giving her prize money to her or givin her prize money to charity or medal to a fan or something. Mao stunk. She bombed the fs more than a million times worse than akikio bombed the short!!
    Last edited by gmyers; 11-24-2012 at 12:17 PM.

This season it seems that there were problems with scoring in all the GP events. It looks like the judges were protecting certain skaters (just like Volosozhar & Trankov at the COR) by scoring them having in mind their reputation. It may have been the case with Mao in this event but if we consider it like that she wasn't the only one to get "inflated scores".
    I believe her SP was fairly scored and I feel sorry that Akiko didn't nail that triple lutz. Things would have looked different. The fact is that Mao had an advantage of 9.35pts over Akiko. In the FS, I have no problems with a skater getting a +GOE for a double jump if it is really deserved. Akiko got two edge calls and an underrotated jump and because of that she lost 1.60pts. Where I think the judges may have got it wrong was in the components score. Mao got 7.96 for performance/execution while Akiko got 7.93. The mistakes done by Mao had a significant impact in the look of the overall routine. So I believe that Mao should not have been rewarded with 7.96 in that segment. Hence Akiko should have won the gold and Asada the silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post

Now, seriously. I agree with what somebody said before, that the biggest problem is that Akiko has such low scores. Yes, Asada didn't deserve the score she got, in both sp and fs. But it's not the first time we all agree Akiko should have been higher in the rank and we always blame it on the higher scores of others, it's just that judges don't like Akiko as much as they should and as we do.

Btw, I loved Li Zijun and I think it's actually good that she's not considered right now such a wonder kid like other girls at her age are (Russians, Gracie). It would only add more pressure, which is not needed. I hope she will become a beautiful skater. I also have a question: can somebody tell me if her technique is ok? I know her 2 axel is little but what about other jumps? Do you think she is likely to loose them if she gains some weight? I wouldn't like it to happen, I love her!
    yes, her flip and lutz technique is good, and so are the edge jumps, but she has the Asada-like revolutions type so she could have worse problems of UR jumps, if she grows a lot or she gains weight I think...

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast