2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

treeloving

Medalist
I cannot imagine the hurt that Akiko Suzuki must feel. Not once, but she's now 2 for 2 this season at getting screwed over, mostly by low PCS judging for herself and over-inflation for the preordained favorite at SC and NHK. And the lowballing didn't start this year, it's been going on well...forever. I would like to see a public explanation by the ISU for exactly why Akiko's PCS scores are justified, relative to Mao and some other skaters that consistently earn higher for essentially the same or lesser components. I know, pigs will fly first.

I totally agree with this! Why it always Akiko who skated good but lose!

Nadia01

Final Flight
I have thought for years (most of her time in seniors) that Mao Asada is an overrated skater. Even her elusive barely-3A didn't wow me much. And now, I think she is clearly past her prime. No question in my mind that this ladies' competition was rigged. What the JSF sees in this skater, compared to the others they also have in the stable, I cannot figure out. I know that Mao has no control over her scores, and I know it seems childish to declare I hope she loses future competitions--especially to Akiko--I'm going to do so anyway. There needs to be some levelling force in the universe to administer some skating/judging justice.

I cannot imagine the hurt that Akiko Suzuki must feel. Not once, but she's now 2 for 2 this season at getting screwed over, mostly by low PCS judging for herself and over-inflation for the preordained favorite at SC and NHK. And the lowballing didn't start this year, it's been going on well...forever. I would like to see a public explanation by the ISU for exactly why Akiko's PCS scores are justified, relative to Mao and some other skaters that consistently earn higher for essentially the same or lesser components. I know, pigs will fly first.

There's a part of me that wonders if her federation wants her gone. As in the JSF wants Akiko to retire and stop threatening Mao's chances.

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I cannot imagine the hurt that Akiko Suzuki must feel.
I would like to see a public explanation by the ISU for exactly why Akiko's PCS scores are justified, relative to Mao and some other skaters that consistently earn higher for essentially the same or lesser components.

I agree but I think Mao must be hurt as well. Listen to her victory interview. She was so embarassed by the questions she came up with throw away answers which made the audience laugh. Had I been in her position, I would have been deeply hurt.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
There's a part of me that wonders if her federation wants her gone. As in the JSF wants Akiko to retire and stop threatening Mao's chances.

It seems this way. The JSF has seemingly done everything it could to discourage the poor woman from continuing on, short of sending a Yakuza to whack her knee.

mary01

Final Flight
I have thought for years (most of her time in seniors) that Mao Asada is an overrated skater. Even her elusive barely-3A didn't wow me much. And now, I think she is clearly past her prime. No question in my mind that this ladies' competition was rigged. What the JSF sees in this skater, compared to the others they also have in the stable, I cannot figure out. I know that Mao has no control over her scores, and I know it seems childish to declare I hope she loses future competitions--especially to Akiko--I'm going to do so anyway. There needs to be some levelling force in the universe to administer some skating/judging justice.

another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even through asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!

Last edited:

PftJump

On the Ice
Asada's 3A challenge was unavoidable choice.
Her Jump mechanism is poor.
She can jump loop, axel and flip.
Her lutz looks same as flip, and her salchow as her loop.
We can distinguish between lutz(salchow) and flip(loop) only by her protocol.
Asada without 3A is normal skater.

Now she can't even try 3A, and she got only accumulated PCS score.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even if asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!

Not a hater, and no, the protocols do not explain what everybody saw out there on the ice. But in all your posts, you show that you are such a blind fan that you can't see what's going on. And you're missing the point. Mao should not have had a 10 point lead. At best, that SP was a 60. At best. Akiko didn't mess up her SP nearly as much as Mao messed up her FS.

Let me spell it out for you honey, so you understand: MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER. And she didn't deserve to win. At this competition, she barely deserved a spot on the podium, maybe bronze. Got it? The judges for this competition sucked. Plain as day, no doubt about it.

Orange Cat

On the Ice
another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even if asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!

To be fair, bigsisjiejie is one of the least hater-inclined posters I've found on this forum. I do think Mao's GOE in the SP were a little extravagant, and that the 10 point lead should probably have been a little smaller; similarly, in the FS Mao's GOE seemed excessive for what she put out there. I'm speaking as a Mao fan, and I think Akiko should have won; what she laid down in the FS, compared to Mao's effort, was of such quality that, even with the 10 point cushion, she should have edged Mao out. And I don't believe the 10 point cushion should have been quite that large in the first place.

(On another note- Mirai medalled!!! :yay:)

Nadia01

Final Flight
another hater

Another blind fan.

You think Mao's 3 ratified triples should be enough to hand her a gold medal over Akiko's 6 ratified triples, including 3Lz & 3F?

According to you:

3F + 3Lo + 3T >>>>>>>>>> (3Lz x 2) + 3F + 3Lo + 3S + 3T

Mao's "mistakes" also resulted in doubling of 3 triples and 1 popped triple. Yet some foolish judges gave her 2 GOE on DOUBLED TRIPLES. That's FAIR AND EQUITABLE JUDGING?

She also skated slowly, lifelessly and even her spins lacked the usual speed. Yet they all deserve Level 4 & 1-2GOE?

All those combined should've more than erased what edge she had over Akiko due to her error in SP.

Last edited:

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Thanks, Orange Cat. And on yet another note, I am thrilled that Zijun Li is making a good accounting of herself in her first senior season. Everyone's talking about Julia and the Russian teenyboppers, while Zijun is just sliding under the radar and racking up some nice programs. I think she has the potential to be the best Chinese ladies skater since the immortal Lu Chen.

mary01

Final Flight
Not a hater, and no, the protocols do not explain what everybody saw out there on the ice. But in all your posts, you show that you are such a blind fan that you can't see what's going on. And you're missing the point. Mao should not have had a 10 point lead. At best, that SP was a 60. At best. Akiko didn't mess up her SP nearly as much as Mao messed up her FS.

Let me spell it out for you honey, so you understand: MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER. And she didn't deserve to win. At this competition, she barely deserved a spot on the podium, maybe bronze. Got it? The judges for this competition sucked. Plain as day, no doubt about it.

I think you are a blinded by your jalousy, everyone knows that the sp is the key to victory, and we have seen this many times before! and when it comes to the rest of you're comments i will just ignore it, cause by the end of the day everything is explained in the protocols, and the final results speaks for itself honey!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Thanks, Orange Cat. And on yet another note, I am thrilled that Zijun Li is making a good accounting of herself in her first senior season. Everyone's talking about Julia and the Russian teenyboppers, while Zijun is just sliding under the radar and racking up some nice programs. I think she has the potential to be the best Chinese ladies skater since Lu Chen.

Zijun was never off my radar, she will be great someday, the best lady skater from China since Lu Chen

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I think you are a blinded by your jalousy, everyone knows that the sp is the key to victory, and we have seen this many times before! and when it comes to the rest of you're comments i will just ignore it, cause by the end of the day everything is explained in the protocols, and the final results speaks for itself honey!

My "jalousy" (sic) of what?

PftJump

On the Ice
another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even through asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!

Sorry, Asada's SP score was overrated, too.

No 3-3 and got 67points? kidding...

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I don't think bigsisjiejie is a Mao hater, either. I am a Mao fan myself, but I'm afraid I don't know how to rebut the statement that MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER.
Can some one please substantiate:
I read somewhere somewhile ago that around 2006,7,8 there was some discussion within ISU that a certain young lady skater was causing a headache to judges as her jumps were not sufficiently clearly distinguished (I should imagine eg lutz is not clearly lutz, flip is not clearly a flip etc). I wonder if someone out there has come across this.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I don't think bigsisjiejie is a Mao hater, either. I am a Mao fan myself, but I'm afraid I don't know how to rebut the statement that MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER.
Can some one please substantiate:
I read somewhere somewhile ago that around 2006,7,8 there was some discussion within ISU that a certain young lady skater was causing a headache to judges as her jumps were not sufficiently clearly distinguished (I should imagine eg lutz is not clearly lutz, flip is not clearly a flip etc). I wonder if someone out there has come across this.

I have not but I'm not surprised.

I usually like Mao's other intangible qualities -- the nice flow and so on. But this is a competition, and she's gotta be able to bring the senior lady jumps, not novice/junior jumps. It is frustrating, and it's infuriating to watch politicking ruining other Japanese ladies who are very hardworking and talented b/c the federation's determined to do anything it can to prop her up.

mary01

Final Flight
Sorry, Asada's SP score was overrated, too.

No 3-3 and got 67points? kidding...

there was nothing overrated, she was just clean on all her elements and got level 4 on all her spins and steps, and really sold the program! she was a true joy to watch!

Akiko should take this as a good lessen, to know how crucial the mistakes in the sp is!

it was very close, but the final results makes perfect sense once on looks at the sp AND fs, afterall it's the COMBINED result that leads to victory!

Last edited:

queen_of_ice

Spectator
Thanks, Orange Cat. And on yet another note, I am thrilled that Zijun Li is making a good accounting of herself in her first senior season. Everyone's talking about Julia and the Russian teenyboppers, while Zijun is just sliding under the radar and racking up some nice programs. I think she has the potential to be the best Chinese ladies skater since the immortal Lu Chen.

Yes, that's what I thought.
Zijun Li skated beautifully and has the potential.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
there was nothing overrated, she was just clean on all her elements and got level 4 on all her spins and steps, and really sold the program! she was a true joy to watch!

Akiko should take this as a good lessen, to know how crucial the sp!

Keep posting, you lose credibility and look sillier with every post.