2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I expected Mao's score to be in the lower 110 at best. Listening to her interview right now, clearly she is embarassed by her victory.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I think Mao is really embarassed herself. These jugdes aren't doing her any favours.

Selene

On the Ice
Mao's scores in both the short and long programs were absolutely scandalous. She can't rotate her jumps anymore, but the judges hold her up anyway because she's the JSF's favorite. Akiko should have won the competition. Mao should have finished in third place at best. This "competition" was more laughable than the one at Skate Canada.

loren

Rinkside
What is wrong with the judges????? Unbelievable judging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Akiko should be first, Nagasu second, and Mao was lucky to be third....................

gold12345

Medalist
The audience is stunned! I've never heard it so quiet in Japan for a Mao victory. Judges, you are sad!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I love Mao with all my heart but the results are not fair. And she is not that much in front of Akiko on PCS, so it's not like the judges over-scored her PCS too much. But it's not right. Maybe I could live with a second place overall and third in the Lp, but first it's too much

Selene

On the Ice
Mao has become my least favorite skater, due to her unjustifiable high scores. She can barely rotate a triple jump anymore, but she "won" two Grand Prix events due to laughable judging. No wonder the general public doesn't take skating seriously as a sport anymore. It's all thanks to scandalous judging - like Asada's marks at this "competition."

mikeko666

Final Flight
It looks like the result was pre-fixed. The judges ignored Asada's URed 3F and inflated her score in SP so that Suzuki would have never be able beat her if she had landed 3Lz. The judges again inflated Asada's PCS in FS to get her top on the podium. NHK has been promoting this competition as if it was Asada Trophy.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
This is like a slap in the face of Akiko Suzuki. How weird this must feel that even in your homecountry you don't get what you deserve. She made one mistake in the short and then this. I hate it.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam so shocked Akiko didn't win overall. Mao is such a elegant and beautiful skater but i was surprised she scored that high, and looks like everyone else did including herself.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Selene said:
Mao has become my least favorite skater, due to her unjustifiable high scores.

It's not as if Mao was judging herself though... she clearly doesn't like this outcome herself.

I feel sorry for both Akiko and Mao. Akiko probably feels so screwed over now, and Mao is completly embarassed.
Maybe even silver would be justifiable, Mirais score wasn't that high, maybe there ware some UR's again, but gold is just wrong.

yuki

Final Flight
Sad for Akiko :(. She should have won this by a mile. Her and Mao's PCS should have been switched (this would have put Mao in 3rd place in the LP).

Selene

On the Ice
It looks like the result was pre-fixed. The judges ignored Asada's URed 3F and inflated her score in SP so that Suzuki would have never be able beat her if she had landed 3Lz. The judges again inflated Asada's PCS in FS to get her top on the podium. NHK has been promoting this competition as if it was Asada Trophy.

I agree with you. The "competetion" was rigged to give Asada a victoy, no matter how she skated. She should have never been in first place after the short program. The replays showed that her 3F was clearly underrotated. And then she "wins" the competition with that laughable free skate? Where did she get her technical points? The technical content in that program was below a junior level. The judges must have given her crazy GOEs on her non-jump elements, because her jumping ability is pathetic these days.