2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

Nadia01

Final Flight
The entire thing is a farce. All the skaters should boycott NKH Trophy which is now officially "No matter what Mao Wins" Trophy!

Akiko got robbed. My heart just broke for her then enraged. Mao was grossly gifted. This is embarrassing!

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Just saw Akiko's LP, and it was gorgeous. Wow.

Here - not a great video, admittedly.

I think if Japan doesn't win a ladies medal in Sochi, it'll be because they are clearly supporting the wrong skater based on a hope and a prayer. Since Akiko was going in as a the reigning NHK champ and the world bronze medalist, I don't get it.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I think the PCS needs to be more influenced by the technical performance. It should already be like this, since a fall mars a program and thus a lower performance score should be given. There's no reason for the third component to be called "performance / execution" if "execution" isn't taken into account. 4 popped jumps deflates the artistic impact of a program and should be reflected in this mark (at the very least).

luckykid

On the Ice
Mao didn't even have much to say about herself and her jumps in the interview. Re her jumps, she just said not good.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'M angry. I really love Mao, but in this competition Akiko should have won. It seems the new system is bad, the judges can do whatever they want. I hope Mr Cinquanta saw this judging. I don't understand the judges, Akiko also Japanese...her victory would have been happy for Japanese people. And Mao would be in GPF with 3th place.

mikeko666

Final Flight

I think if Japan doesn't win a ladies medal in Sochi, it'll be because they are clearly supporting the wrong skater based on a hope and a prayer. Since Akiko was going in as a the reigning NHK champ and the world bronze medalist, I don't get it.

It matters to JFS that skaters whom they support/favor win the worlds and in Olympics, but not that any Japanese skaters win.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I'M angry. I really love Mao, but in this competition Akiko should have won. It seems the new system is bad, the judges can do whatever they want. I hope Mr Cinquanta saw this judging. I don't understand the judges, Akiko also Japanese...her victory would have been happy for Japanese people. And Mao would be in GPF with 3th place.

Yes, but Mao is the one they want to see win, not Akiko.

It really raises one's blood pressure.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
The entire thing is a farce. All the skaters should boycott NKH Trophy which is now officially "No matter what Mao Wins" Trophy!

Akiko got robbed. My heart just broke for her then enraged. Mao was grossly gifted. This is embarrassing!

Mao did lose the NHK trophy last year with a very good LP. This is the first time she wins this competition without deserving it. You are clearly overreacting

Nadia01

Final Flight

Let's just be GLAD that the next Oly is in Russia, not Japan. Else Mao will be crowned the Oly Champ w/ only 2 triples and a slew of popped jumps just b/c she's Mao.

Nadia01

Final Flight
Last year's loss was totally understandable. She skated like a zombie. And it's the last year's loss that's prompted this farce to ensure it never happens again.

axelmaster

Spectator
I feel bad 2012 NHK than 2011 NHK.

Akiko Suzuki
canada2011 FS TES 63.84 PCS 55.60
NHK2011 FS TES 57.04 PCS 62.39

TES -6.8 PCS +6.79

JSF go to hell

and Fixed Score Queen will be back soon...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
axelmaster, Welcome to Golden Skate. I'm sorry it is on such a distressing competition.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
This current system was supposed to be more objective than 6.0 points era. And the first years it was successful but now it's just legalizing overscoring with the GOE thing. GOE is given according to name sometimes (like today) even though there are criteria for that. Even this was just a GP, not one of that big championships; it's a really bad situation for both Mao and Akiko, and all the lovers of the sport. Whatever the reason Mao has won, she did not deserve it clearly. One with naked eyes, without giving points or calculations, after watching both SP and LP would give the gold medal to Akiko and silver to Mao maybe even to Mirai. I (and most of people) think that Mao did not show that SP to earn 67 points though she deserved the lead. That was just a good program performed cleanly nothing perfect to get 67. There should be a room for others to catch her in LP. Anyway, we are just explaining what we think and I started to think that "it's useless" to really change something, unfortunately...

mateusp1

On the Ice
At last year Nhk, you cannot compare this win victory to last year's.

At 2011 NHK, in the FS, Mao got 6 ratified triples and Akiko got 5. The difference of ONE triple.

Today, Akiko landed 6 triples and Mao landed 3. The difference is huge.

Also, I thought Akiko edge calls at her Lutzes unfair.

Akiko, I love you!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Shelepen Polina ‏@shelepen
С этим я не согласна!!!акико лучше
3:36 AM - 24 Nov 12​

Translation: "I don't agree with this!!! Akiko was better"

queen_of_ice

Spectator
OMG, I registered cuz I'm pissed off.

It seems Mao wins whatever she does on ice.
We might not have to watch the Grand Prix Final because the results are already fixed.

Nadia01

Final Flight
OMG, I registered cuz I'm pissed off.

It seems Mao wins whatever she does on ice.
We might not have to watch the Grand Prix Final because the results are already fixed.

Maybe not since it's in Sochi this year. So the influence of the pro-Mao JP federation is somewhat limited.

PftJump

On the Ice
THis NHK trophy was surprised you?

At 2008 worlds, Mao didn't do anything for 15sec after huge fallin' down in her LP, and got gold.

Her point is always mystery. More screwed, More PCS score...

It's kind of compensation for the loss...i think...

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I have thought for years (most of her time in seniors) that Mao Asada is an overrated skater. Even her elusive barely-3A didn't wow me much. And now, I think she is clearly past her prime. No question in my mind that this ladies' competition was rigged. What the JSF sees in this skater, compared to the others they also have in the stable, I cannot figure out. I know that Mao has no control over her scores, and I know it seems childish to declare I hope she loses future competitions--especially to Akiko--I'm going to do so anyway. There needs to be some levelling force in the universe to administer some skating/judging justice.

I cannot imagine the hurt that Akiko Suzuki must feel. Not once, but she's now 2 for 2 this season at getting screwed over, mostly by low PCS judging for herself and over-inflation for the preordained favorite at SC and NHK. And the lowballing didn't start this year, it's been going on well...forever. I would like to see a public explanation by the ISU for exactly why Akiko's PCS scores are justified, relative to Mao and some other skaters that consistently earn higher for essentially the same or lesser components. I know, pigs will fly first.