Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

Custom Title
    Thanks, Orange Cat. And on yet another note, I am thrilled that Zijun Li is making a good accounting of herself in her first senior season. Everyone's talking about Julia and the Russian teenyboppers, while Zijun is just sliding under the radar and racking up some nice programs. I think she has the potential to be the best Chinese ladies skater since the immortal Lu Chen.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Not a hater, and no, the protocols do not explain what everybody saw out there on the ice. But in all your posts, you show that you are such a blind fan that you can't see what's going on. And you're missing the point. Mao should not have had a 10 point lead. At best, that SP was a 60. At best. Akiko didn't mess up her SP nearly as much as Mao messed up her FS.

Let me spell it out for you honey, so you understand: MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER. And she didn't deserve to win. At this competition, she barely deserved a spot on the podium, maybe bronze. Got it? The judges for this competition sucked. Plain as day, no doubt about it.
    I think you are a blinded by your jalousy, everyone knows that the sp is the key to victory, and we have seen this many times before! and when it comes to the rest of you're comments i will just ignore it, cause by the end of the day everything is explained in the protocols, and the final results speaks for itself honey!

Thanks, Orange Cat. And on yet another note, I am thrilled that Zijun Li is making a good accounting of herself in her first senior season. Everyone's talking about Julia and the Russian teenyboppers, while Zijun is just sliding under the radar and racking up some nice programs. I think she has the potential to be the best Chinese ladies skater since Lu Chen.
    Zijun was never off my radar, she will be great someday, the best lady skater from China since Lu Chen

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    I think you are a blinded by your jalousy, everyone knows that the sp is the key to victory, and we have seen this many times before! and when it comes to the rest of you're comments i will just ignore it, cause by the end of the day everything is explained in the protocols, and the final results speaks for itself honey!
    My "jalousy" (sic) of what?

Custom Title
    another hater

if you bothered to look at the protocols everything is explained there, Mao almost had a 10 points lead over akiko going into the free skate that's a huge lead! and what you guys seem to forget is that akiko did win the free skate, but at the end of the day what led her to losing was that akiko messed her sp, and even through asada made mistakes on some of her jumps, she made sure that those mistakes didn't affect the other elements!
    Sorry, Asada's SP score was overrated, too.

No 3-3 and got 67points? kidding...

Custom Title
    I don't think bigsisjiejie is a Mao hater, either. I am a Mao fan myself, but I'm afraid I don't know how to rebut the statement that MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER.
    Can some one please substantiate:
    I read somewhere somewhile ago that around 2006,7,8 there was some discussion within ISU that a certain young lady skater was causing a headache to judges as her jumps were not sufficiently clearly distinguished (I should imagine eg lutz is not clearly lutz, flip is not clearly a flip etc). I wonder if someone out there has come across this.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    I don't think bigsisjiejie is a Mao hater, either. I am a Mao fan myself, but I'm afraid I don't know how to rebut the statement that MAO ASADA IS NOT THAT GOOD A SKATER.
    Can some one please substantiate:
    I read somewhere somewhile ago that around 2006,7,8 there was some discussion within ISU that a certain young lady skater was causing a headache to judges as her jumps were not sufficiently clearly distinguished (I should imagine eg lutz is not clearly lutz, flip is not clearly a flip etc). I wonder if someone out there has come across this.
    I have not but I'm not surprised.

I usually like Mao's other intangible qualities -- the nice flow and so on. But this is a competition, and she's gotta be able to bring the senior lady jumps, not novice/junior jumps. It is frustrating, and it's infuriating to watch politicking ruining other Japanese ladies who are very hardworking and talented b/c the federation's determined to do anything it can to prop her up.

Quote Originally Posted by PftJump View Post
    Sorry, Asada's SP score was overrated, too.

No 3-3 and got 67points? kidding...
    there was nothing overrated, she was just clean on all her elements and got level 4 on all her spins and steps, and really sold the program! she was a true joy to watch!

Akiko should take this as a good lessen, to know how crucial the mistakes in the sp is!

it was very close, but the final results makes perfect sense once on looks at the sp AND fs, afterall it's the COMBINED result that leads to victory!
    Last edited by mary01; 11-24-2012 at 09:37 AM.

Rinkside
    Thanks, Orange Cat. And on yet another note, I am thrilled that Zijun Li is making a good accounting of herself in her first senior season. Everyone's talking about Julia and the Russian teenyboppers, while Zijun is just sliding under the radar and racking up some nice programs. I think she has the potential to be the best Chinese ladies skater since the immortal Lu Chen.
    Yes, that's what I thought.
    Zijun Li skated beautifully and has the potential.

Custom Title
    there was nothing overrated, she was just clean on all her elements and got level 4 on all her spins and steps, and really sold the program! she was a true joy to watch!

Akiko should take this as a good lessen, to know how crucial the sp!
    Keep posting, you lose credibility and look sillier with every post.

Custom Title
    This makes everything clear...

Performance/Execution score of the LP:

Mao: 7,96
    Akiko: 7,93

Where on Earth does Mao Performance was better than Akiko?

Also, I would have UR Mao's 3Lo+2Lo+2Lo to a 3Lo<+2Lo<+2Lo<, since she makes massive pre rotation to her jumps.

I know that the difference was tiny, but Akiko should have gotten much HIGHER score at Performance/Execution. And, for me, also in the other PC's.

I totally agree with the comments of British Eurosport's guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMMx3GIYKIY&feature=plcp

Tried to get up early for this, but couldn't manage it. Wow, what did I miss? Akiko wuzrobbed again?

I haven't watched the FPs yet, but it does seem odd to me that people continually lash out at the skaters that questionably place ahead of her (Leonova, Osmond, and now Asada). I'm quite an appreciator of Suzuki and hate to see her edged out like this when she's had the better skate, but given the pattern it does seem to be more about not scoring her highly enough than scoring a series of other skaters too high.

Keep posting, you lose credibility and look sillier with every post.
    I stand by every single word i post, and would defend it anytime, cause i my opinion is not purely based on half a competition (fs) but I look at the whole event and do bother to look at all the details, that's the difference!

Custom Title

Akiko should take this as a good lessen, to know how crucial the mistakes in the sp is!

it was very close, but the final results makes perfect sense once on looks at the sp AND fs, afterall it's the COMBINED result that leads to victory!

True joy to watch?

Are you serious or just kidding?

just call me K or Art jockey
    to know how crucial the mistakes in the sp is!
    You do have a point there, you know, cause today it has been proven beyond any doubt that it's not the LP were mistakes are crucial.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast