2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

sapphiresky

Rinkside
More than the Eurosports comment, "travesty of justice"?

lol...I don't know how proofs work in your every day life, but that's more of an opinion ;) subjective.

CBC comment: Mao was lucky this time.

Under your argument, that is also proof that judges didn't cheat?

Again, it probably doesn't help that Akiko skated early in the last flight in terms of PCS. I doubt the judges were thinking...hmm if I give a few points here and there then Mao would come up by 0.5 overall, unless every single one of them can do super quick calculations. I think Mao was just lucky but it doesn't mean that Akiko didn't do very well.

cosmos

On the Ice
lol...I don't know how proofs work in your every day life, but that's more of an opinion ;) subjective.

CBC comment: Mao was lucky this time.

Under your argument, that is also proof that judges didn't cheat?

Again, it probably doesn't help that Akiko skated early in the last flight in terms of PCS. I doubt the judges were thinking...hmm if I give a few points here and there then Mao would come up by 0.5 overall, unless every single one of them can do super quick calculations. I think Mao was just lucky but it doesn't mean that Akiko didn't do very well.

This is not a court room. Nobody presents a proof, posting an opinion. My post was also an opinion. What else could it be? If my post contained something to be mistaken as something other than my opinion, I want to clarify it. It was my opinion.
I don't think people screaming here are complaining that she was just lucky.

Last edited:

xzchief

Rinkside
This is not a court room. Nobody presents a proof, posting an opinion. My post was also an opinion. What else could it be? If my post contained something to be mistaken as something other than my opinion, I want to clarify it. It was my opinion.
I don't think people screaming here are complaining that she was just lucky.

My opinion is you are cheating at your job too. If I watch you on a live stream long enough, I'll see something that I judge to be cheating. No different from what you said about the judges.

Nadia01

Final Flight
I agree with Mathman about its a different picture when watching on TV.

Mirai seems to have more fight in her this season and is looking more consistent with her jumps. I think she could really shake up Nationals if she worked on her speed and added a 3 lutz 3 toe, she is more than capable.

Akiko skated beautifully and has wonderful expression it's a shame she couldn't win here.

Mao really wowed me with her footwork, she really is a great skater it's a shame her jumps weren't together here. They did day she did do an overhaul on jump technique I'm wondering if that had anything to do with how she skated. Any thoughts on this?

She's been overhauling her jump technique for a long time, ever since she started training w/ Sato. This excuse is not new, and frankly, I don't even know why they mention it anymore since if she still hasn't fixed her jumps, it's probably too late for Sochi, which is ultimately her goal -- the OGM in Sochi.

At least in the last 2 years, they gave lip service to her trying 3A. This season, she abandoned 3A. So now she has 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S and no 3/3. (I don't consider her 3Lz valid since she can't execute it without cheating on her edge.)

Note: This is my opinion/ impression and thoughts based on listening to the JP TV / media interviews and FS commentators.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Nadia01 said:
She's been overhauling her jump technique for a long time, ever since she started training w/ Sato. This excuse is not new, and frankly, I don't even know why they mention it anymore since if she still hasn't fixed her jumps, it's probably too late for Sochi, which is ultimately her goal -- the OGM in Sochi.

Excuse? I take it you're not skating yourself.
And just for the protocols: you are wrong about that bolded part. At least according to newer interviews, Mao considered to quit after last season. She decided to continue due to her love for skating, and because she felt she could become better again for herself. As a two time WC and OSM, I don't think there's any reason fro her to be dishonest about this.

At least in the last 2 years, they gave lip service to her trying 3A. This season, she abandoned 3A. So now she has 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S and no 3/3. (I don't consider her 3Lz valid since she can't execute it without cheating on her edge.)

Cheating makes it sound again as if she wouldn't try for the right edge. Additionally, if that makes the Lutz not counting, just like a hand full of skaters are having a Lutz. And those don't have a Flip quite often. So 'just' 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S isn't that far of anyway.

axelmaster

Spectator
just a GPS. not olympic.
Mao wons in CoC. no need to wons in NHK.

Mao's protocol was unbelievable fair.(first time as last 5 years)
Akiko's SP was overscored.(Compared with the Skate Canada)

Mao wons like "fixed score" yuna kim?...NO!
Referee(KOR) approved the results.(haha)
Problems in judges and rules.

Saved the Liza's GPF! that's everything.
(I wanted to watch in liza at NRW. it's very interested!)

Mao must be quit early.
not sports. it's blind racists sports.

Japanese loves COMPLETELY FAIR!
We don't care to win or lose at fair game.

mariposa

Rinkside
Just watched Mao's LP and Akiko's LP...all I can say is "Are you kidding me?". I enjoy both ladies' skating BUT...what were the judges watching???? It was a travesty and yet another reason to make figure skating look like a joke!

Nadia01

Final Flight
Excuse? I take it you're not skating yourself.
And just for the protocols: you are wrong about that bolded part. At least according to newer interviews, Mao considered to quit after last season. She decided to continue due to her love for skating, and because she felt she could become better again for herself. As a two time WC and OSM, I don't think there's any reason fro her to be dishonest about this.

Cheating makes it sound again as if she wouldn't try for the right edge. Additionally, if that makes the Lutz not counting, just like a hand full of skaters are having a Lutz. And those don't have a Flip quite often. So 'just' 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S isn't that far of anyway.

Why am I wrong "just for the protocols"? What does that even mean?

Mao had a personal tragedy last year BTW, so that is understandable that she may feel many uncertain or sad feelings about her life.

And regardless of what she says, the media's building her up to be Japan's lady for Sochi.

As for the cheated edge, what else do you call it? She doesn't try to take off on the right edge. The protocol you seem to love so much says so with an "e" next to her lutz.

She did only ONE 3F in her free at NHK. Actually one of each (3F, 3Lo & 3T) and no 3/3 combo.

Country
Russia
Mao had a personal tragedy last year BTW, so that is understandable that she may feel many uncertain or sad feelings about her life.
Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA had a personal tragedy past нуфк, death of father. After that she was at medal ceremony in black SP costume (not red FS costume).

Alissa had serious illness at Worlds-2012.
We all remember that - 6 triples and 2A, 5 falls (and no doubled or singled jumps). Non-jumping elements at good level (comparable to Mao's at NHK).
Alissa had 22nd FS and total place.
Why Mao with comparable level of skating has 1st?

Last edited:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Alissa had serious illness at Worlds-2012.
We all remember that - 6 triples and 2A, 5 falls (and no doubled or singled jumps). Non-jumping elements at good level (comparable to Mao's at NHK).
Alissa had 22nd FS and total place.
Why Mao with comparable level of skating has 1st?

Because Mao didn't fall 5 times. I mean, yes, she didn't deserve first place, but it's far from the disaster Alissa had at worlds. Mao did land a good 3F, 2A-3T and a 3 jump combo in the second half of the program. Alissa failed to land a single triple jump or a 2A cleanly. Also, doubling a jump doesn't affect the overall performance as a fall does. Out of 12 elements Mao got negative GOE on only 2 of them( 2flutz and 1S). The 2Loop and 2Flip were cleanly landed. She didn't have any step-outs or hands down. Besides, she had level 4 on all her spins and steps(Alissa had level 2 steps), plus a gorgeous spiral, so her non-jump elements were very good. Yes, the judges went a little GOE happy and she shouldn't beat Akiko on Performance/Execution but there is no way in hell she fell apart like Alissa did

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Nadia01 said:
Why am I wrong "just for the protocols"? What does that even mean?

And regardless of what she says, the media's building her up to be Japan's lady for Sochi.

It's not Maos fault or whatever what the media does. The media is always just about her 3A too, which is not right either. You said she wants the OGM - and that doesn't seem to be true. I said "for the protocols" not in the sense of jugdes protocols (maybe "for the record" is what I actually wanted to say, nothing but a phrase). I just wanted to add that you're not right about the goal if hers. And because of you claim that the reworking of her jumping technique is an "excuse".
And you don't need to remind me of her personal situation... I'm well aware of that and I'm rather trying to defend her against what you wrote. That difficult situation probably didn't make it easier to rework her jumps either.

As for the cheated edge, what else do you call it? She doesn't try to take off on the right edge. The protocol you seem to love so much says so with an "e" next to her lutz.

She did only ONE 3F in her free at NHK. Actually one of each (3F, 3Lo & 3T) and no 3/3 combo.

And this is simply not true. She is trying to take of from the right edge - the fact that she can't is another thing. I doubt most of the flutzers out there are doing it on purpose. They didn't learn the right technique when the system didn't really force them too. Now the system has changed and they're trying to repair it. But it's not an easy thing to do.
Of course Mao doesn't have a true Lutz, but saying she doesn't have it at all isn't true.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My opinion is you are cheating at your job too. If I watch you on a live stream long enough, I'll see something that I judge to be cheating. No different from what you said about the judges.

This is uncalled for, IMO. This is a forum about figure skating not individual members' private lives, of which you know nothing. It's not like cheating by skating judges is unheard of. If someone has that opinion, they have the right to express it, based on scoring that seems otherwise inexplicable to them.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Mao bid not fall, Alissa did not singled or doubled any triple.

If ordinary skater (not Mao) singled or doubled one triple - it is a real problem, if two - low place is guranteed.

Nor did Alissa land ANY triple. And she had many UR jumps with bad landings(mostly falls) which are way worse then doubled jumps. Seriously, watch the the two performance back to back and tell me how can they be compared. This is getting absurd IMO. If an ordinary skater has ordinary spins and steps and the jumps don't happen, yes, low place is guaranteed. Out of 12 elements Mao succeeded 8 of them with very good quality. And this is a fact

skatinginbc

Medalist
Mao bid not fall, Alissa did not singled or doubled any triple.
In my book, standing on two feet is better than butt on the ice, and singling or doubling is better than falling all over the place. Of course, I can accept that some people might think a lady falling upside down multiple times as 'artistic'.

Out of 12 elements Mao succeeded 8 of them with very good quality. And this is a fact

Am I too demanding? Mao Asada is twice World Champion, an Olympic medalist, and one of the all-time greats of figure skating. I expect her to succeed with 12 out of 12 elements. I want my money back! (Oh wait. I didn't pay any money. Never mind. :) )

In my book, standing on two feet is better than butt on the ice, and singling or doubling is better than falling all over the place.

The CoP disagrees. :cry:

Triple loop with a fall: 5.1 - 2.1 GOE - 1.00 deduction = 2.0

Doble loop. 1.8

Quad toe with a fall: 10.3 - 3.00 GOE - 1.00 deduction = 6.3.

Triple toe: 4.1

The reason I think this is backward is that rotating in the air is not a blade-to-ice skill. But landing a jump will secure flowing edge is, even for a double.

Of course, I can accept that some people might think a lady falling upside down multiple times as 'artistic'.

Some artistic falls:

Ole! http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/image...00/160/073/cover_display_image.jpg?1266531784

Prize for the most realistic portrayal of Carmen. http://0.tqn.com/d/figureskating/1/0/1/K/-/-/olympicsdance2fall.jpg

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Mirai was so cute getting happy over her Bronze. Akikko delivered a special performance, but she did have a major error in the short. I as much as I would like her to win, I'm not that upset over her silver. Mirai had the best overall competition, a clean free and a 3/3 in the short. I honestly think she should have been the victor here with Akikko a close second and Mao the bronze.

as for her exhibition skate....that Ina Bauer! wow. lovely speed, joy, grace. the old Mirai is back.

Last edited: