Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 417

Thread: 2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

  1. #361
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    More than the Eurosports comment, "travesty of justice"?
    lol...I don't know how proofs work in your every day life, but that's more of an opinion subjective.

    CBC comment: Mao was lucky this time.

    Under your argument, that is also proof that judges didn't cheat?

    Again, it probably doesn't help that Akiko skated early in the last flight in terms of PCS. I doubt the judges were thinking...hmm if I give a few points here and there then Mao would come up by 0.5 overall, unless every single one of them can do super quick calculations. I think Mao was just lucky but it doesn't mean that Akiko didn't do very well.

  2. #362
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphiresky View Post
    lol...I don't know how proofs work in your every day life, but that's more of an opinion subjective.

    CBC comment: Mao was lucky this time.

    Under your argument, that is also proof that judges didn't cheat?

    Again, it probably doesn't help that Akiko skated early in the last flight in terms of PCS. I doubt the judges were thinking...hmm if I give a few points here and there then Mao would come up by 0.5 overall, unless every single one of them can do super quick calculations. I think Mao was just lucky but it doesn't mean that Akiko didn't do very well.
    This is not a court room. Nobody presents a proof, posting an opinion. My post was also an opinion. What else could it be? If my post contained something to be mistaken as something other than my opinion, I want to clarify it. It was my opinion.
    I don't think people screaming here are complaining that she was just lucky.
    Last edited by cosmos; 11-26-2012 at 02:46 AM.

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1
    I think it is will be very exciting.

  4. #364
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
    This is not a court room. Nobody presents a proof, posting an opinion. My post was also an opinion. What else could it be? If my post contained something to be mistaken as something other than my opinion, I want to clarify it. It was my opinion.
    I don't think people screaming here are complaining that she was just lucky.
    My opinion is you are cheating at your job too. If I watch you on a live stream long enough, I'll see something that I judge to be cheating. No different from what you said about the judges.

  5. #365
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I agree with Mathman about its a different picture when watching on TV.

    Mirai seems to have more fight in her this season and is looking more consistent with her jumps. I think she could really shake up Nationals if she worked on her speed and added a 3 lutz 3 toe, she is more than capable.

    Akiko skated beautifully and has wonderful expression it's a shame she couldn't win here.

    Mao really wowed me with her footwork, she really is a great skater it's a shame her jumps weren't together here. They did day she did do an overhaul on jump technique I'm wondering if that had anything to do with how she skated. Any thoughts on this?
    She's been overhauling her jump technique for a long time, ever since she started training w/ Sato. This excuse is not new, and frankly, I don't even know why they mention it anymore since if she still hasn't fixed her jumps, it's probably too late for Sochi, which is ultimately her goal -- the OGM in Sochi.

    At least in the last 2 years, they gave lip service to her trying 3A. This season, she abandoned 3A. So now she has 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S and no 3/3. (I don't consider her 3Lz valid since she can't execute it without cheating on her edge.)

    Note: This is my opinion/ impression and thoughts based on listening to the JP TV / media interviews and FS commentators.

  6. #366
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01
    She's been overhauling her jump technique for a long time, ever since she started training w/ Sato. This excuse is not new, and frankly, I don't even know why they mention it anymore since if she still hasn't fixed her jumps, it's probably too late for Sochi, which is ultimately her goal -- the OGM in Sochi.
    Excuse? I take it you're not skating yourself.
    And just for the protocols: you are wrong about that bolded part. At least according to newer interviews, Mao considered to quit after last season. She decided to continue due to her love for skating, and because she felt she could become better again for herself. As a two time WC and OSM, I don't think there's any reason fro her to be dishonest about this.

    At least in the last 2 years, they gave lip service to her trying 3A. This season, she abandoned 3A. So now she has 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S and no 3/3. (I don't consider her 3Lz valid since she can't execute it without cheating on her edge.)
    Cheating makes it sound again as if she wouldn't try for the right edge. Additionally, if that makes the Lutz not counting, just like a hand full of skaters are having a Lutz. And those don't have a Flip quite often. So 'just' 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S isn't that far of anyway.

  7. #367
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    JAPAN
    Posts
    3
    just a GPS. not olympic.
    Mao wons in CoC. no need to wons in NHK.

    Mao's protocol was unbelievable fair.(first time as last 5 years)
    Akiko's SP was overscored.(Compared with the Skate Canada)

    Mao wons like "fixed score" yuna kim?...NO!
    Referee(KOR) approved the results.(haha)
    Problems in judges and rules.

    Saved the Liza's GPF! that's everything.
    (I wanted to watch in liza at NRW. it's very interested!)

    Mao must be quit early.
    not sports. it's blind racists sports.

    Japanese loves COMPLETELY FAIR!
    We don't care to win or lose at fair game.

  8. #368
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    67
    Just watched Mao's LP and Akiko's LP...all I can say is "Are you kidding me?". I enjoy both ladies' skating BUT...what were the judges watching???? It was a travesty and yet another reason to make figure skating look like a joke!

  9. #369
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Excuse? I take it you're not skating yourself.
    And just for the protocols: you are wrong about that bolded part. At least according to newer interviews, Mao considered to quit after last season. She decided to continue due to her love for skating, and because she felt she could become better again for herself. As a two time WC and OSM, I don't think there's any reason fro her to be dishonest about this.



    Cheating makes it sound again as if she wouldn't try for the right edge. Additionally, if that makes the Lutz not counting, just like a hand full of skaters are having a Lutz. And those don't have a Flip quite often. So 'just' 3F, 3Lo, 3T & 3S isn't that far of anyway.

    Why am I wrong "just for the protocols"? What does that even mean?

    Mao had a personal tragedy last year BTW, so that is understandable that she may feel many uncertain or sad feelings about her life.

    And regardless of what she says, the media's building her up to be Japan's lady for Sochi.

    As for the cheated edge, what else do you call it? She doesn't try to take off on the right edge. The protocol you seem to love so much says so with an "e" next to her lutz.

    She did only ONE 3F in her free at NHK. Actually one of each (3F, 3Lo & 3T) and no 3/3 combo.

  10. #370
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    Mao had a personal tragedy last year BTW, so that is understandable that she may feel many uncertain or sad feelings about her life.
    Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA had a personal tragedy past нуфк, death of father. After that she was at medal ceremony in black SP costume (not red FS costume).

    Alissa had serious illness at Worlds-2012.
    We all remember that - 6 triples and 2A, 5 falls (and no doubled or singled jumps). Non-jumping elements at good level (comparable to Mao's at NHK).
    Alissa had 22nd FS and total place.
    Why Mao with comparable level of skating has 1st?
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-26-2012 at 09:14 AM.

  11. #371
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Alissa had serious illness at Worlds-2012.
    We all remember that - 6 triples and 2A, 5 falls (and no doubled or singled jumps). Non-jumping elements at good level (comparable to Mao's at NHK).
    Alissa had 22nd FS and total place.
    Why Mao with comparable level of skating has 1st?
    Because Mao didn't fall 5 times. I mean, yes, she didn't deserve first place, but it's far from the disaster Alissa had at worlds. Mao did land a good 3F, 2A-3T and a 3 jump combo in the second half of the program. Alissa failed to land a single triple jump or a 2A cleanly. Also, doubling a jump doesn't affect the overall performance as a fall does. Out of 12 elements Mao got negative GOE on only 2 of them( 2flutz and 1S). The 2Loop and 2Flip were cleanly landed. She didn't have any step-outs or hands down. Besides, she had level 4 on all her spins and steps(Alissa had level 2 steps), plus a gorgeous spiral, so her non-jump elements were very good. Yes, the judges went a little GOE happy and she shouldn't beat Akiko on Performance/Execution but there is no way in hell she fell apart like Alissa did
    Last edited by Mirunna; 11-26-2012 at 09:09 AM.

  12. #372
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01
    Why am I wrong "just for the protocols"? What does that even mean?

    Mao had a personal tragedy last year BTW, so that is understandable that she may feel many uncertain or sad feelings about her life.

    And regardless of what she says, the media's building her up to be Japan's lady for Sochi.
    It's not Maos fault or whatever what the media does. The media is always just about her 3A too, which is not right either. You said she wants the OGM - and that doesn't seem to be true. I said "for the protocols" not in the sense of jugdes protocols (maybe "for the record" is what I actually wanted to say, nothing but a phrase). I just wanted to add that you're not right about the goal if hers. And because of you claim that the reworking of her jumping technique is an "excuse".
    And you don't need to remind me of her personal situation... I'm well aware of that and I'm rather trying to defend her against what you wrote. That difficult situation probably didn't make it easier to rework her jumps either.

    As for the cheated edge, what else do you call it? She doesn't try to take off on the right edge. The protocol you seem to love so much says so with an "e" next to her lutz.

    She did only ONE 3F in her free at NHK. Actually one of each (3F, 3Lo & 3T) and no 3/3 combo.
    And this is simply not true. She is trying to take of from the right edge - the fact that she can't is another thing. I doubt most of the flutzers out there are doing it on purpose. They didn't learn the right technique when the system didn't really force them too. Now the system has changed and they're trying to repair it. But it's not an easy thing to do.
    Of course Mao doesn't have a true Lutz, but saying she doesn't have it at all isn't true.

  13. #373
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by xzchief View Post
    My opinion is you are cheating at your job too. If I watch you on a live stream long enough, I'll see something that I judge to be cheating. No different from what you said about the judges.
    This is uncalled for, IMO. This is a forum about figure skating not individual members' private lives, of which you know nothing. It's not like cheating by skating judges is unheard of. If someone has that opinion, they have the right to express it, based on scoring that seems otherwise inexplicable to them.

  14. #374
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Because Mao didn't fall 5 times.
    Mao bid not fall, Alissa did not singled or doubled any triple.

    If ordinary skater (not Mao) singled or doubled one triple - it is a real problem, if two - low place is guranteed.

  15. #375
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,678
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Mao bid not fall, Alissa did not singled or doubled any triple.

    If ordinary skater (not Mao) singled or doubled one triple - it is a real problem, if two - low place is guranteed.
    Nor did Alissa land ANY triple. And she had many UR jumps with bad landings(mostly falls) which are way worse then doubled jumps. Seriously, watch the the two performance back to back and tell me how can they be compared. This is getting absurd IMO. If an ordinary skater has ordinary spins and steps and the jumps don't happen, yes, low place is guaranteed. Out of 12 elements Mao succeeded 8 of them with very good quality. And this is a fact

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •