Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Ladies Free Skate

Custom Title
    I start to hate pcs.Mao 1st. REALLY???????????????????????????????????????????? ??
    Mirai deserved silver, and I'd have given bronze to Zidjun Li(((

Custom Title
    Poor Akiko, always coming second best even when she should have won. If we had the 6.0 system Akiko would have won 7 zip.

well you guys have to remember that Mao had a big lead going into the free skate, and Akiko made a huge mistake in the sp that cost her, and unlike Akiko Mao's made sure to get level 4 on every element!

http://www.isuresults.com/events/gp2012/gpsladies.htm
    Yay Liza is qualified!!..and almost everybody said her chances are none!!Well done to all the skaters in the GPF!

Custom Title
    PS - Aaaaand I blamed judges for Ashley's high score????JOKE!If Mao got 118 for THAT, Wagner must have gotten smth like 140-145 =//////////

Custom Title
    If I were Mao I would give my medal to Akiko. As a gesture of fairness and a clear message to the judges. And when you think I was praising this competittion for lovely audience, beautiful K&C ... and the judges ruined everything.

Banned
    umm, lets wait and see how Mao will be scored in GPF, she is up against a tough field and there is home inflation here its understandable

looking at the line up in GPF:

Ashley, Mao, Kiira, Julia, Liza and Akiko its should be very close fight

Custom Title
    I hope not for a pcs inflation, that's for sure=/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    well you guys have to remember that Mao had a big lead going into the free skate, and Akiko made a huge mistake in the sp that cost her, and unlike Akiko Mao's made sure to get level 4 on every element!
    I agree but it's clear by watching the protocol the judges tried hard to let her win. Huge GOE on everything she did. The triples she did were OK, but not worthy of +2 GOE, for example. She got the benefit of the doubt for the first time in years on the 3 jump combo(when is the last time she got one completely ratified)?
    I don't think the PCS Mao got were the problem, but the GOE she received IMO. This is were she won.
    And Akiko should have won in Canada also. She really should skate for another country

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    umm, lets wait and see how Mao will be scored in GPF, she is up against a tough field and there is home inflation here its understandable

looking at the line up in GPF:

Ashley, Mao, Kiira, Julia, Liza and Akiko its should be very close fight
    How is it understandable for Mao to receive such a big score for such a poor skate? And how is it understandable that Akiko (and Mirai) be made to suffer for it?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    there is home inflation here its understandable
    Akiko is skating at home too, and as the reigning world bronze medalist, so I really don't get it. If the JSF started promoting Akiko better, it'd be a win-win all around. Akiko would finally start benefiting from her amazing consistency, and Mao would be able to work out her issues away from the spotlight and without the media pressuring her about the triple axel all the time.

Custom Title
    185.22 vs. 185.27???? That's really bad luck for Akiko Suzuki.

Custom Title
    It really looks more like a beauty pageant now. Asada always gets high PCS because she's pretty and rich no matter how many mistakes disrupt her performance. Suzuki never receives PCS her performance deserves because she's old and not pretty or rich enough.

Custom Title
    Surely, amongst you posters there are mathematicians who can prove scoring is not at arm's length. Though judges are anonymous we have their names and can find their background and the competitions they judged, and patterns will emerge.
    Already, with COR pairs I compared the PCSs of top 3 pairs with top 3 at COC and noted patterns.
    I have seen academic papers analysing FS scores under COP despite judge anonymity and there was the conclusion that conationality of the judge & skater adds x points to the score, etc. I don't claim to understand the argument because unfortunately there is a lot of maths and stats involved.
    But I hope there may be someone watching today's event who might be inclined to have a go...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    I agree but it's clear by watching the protocol the judges tried hard to let her win. Huge GOE on everything she did. The triples she did were OK, but not worthy of +2 GOE, for example. She got the benefit of the doubt for the first time in years on the 3 jump combo(when is the last time she got one completely ratified)?
    I don't think the PCS Mao got were the problem, but the GOE she received IMO. This is were she won.
    And Akiko should have won in Canada also. She really should skate for another country
    I don't agree, the same happened for akiko last year at NHK where akiko made big error in the free, but still won.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast