Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF qualifiers: Ladies

Damn. This seemed like such a great field, now possibly a second withdrawal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    That would be quite the interesting development, especially as it means Mirai might get to go to GPF, which would be amazing considering that up until two weeks before NHK she didn't even have a second event.
    Is there enough time for Mirai to compete in Sochi? Last year Adelina couldn't replace Mao because of timing. But I remember that was just the day before short program, right?

Custom Title
    That would be quite the interesting development, especially as it means Mirai might get to go to GPF, which would be amazing considering that up until two weeks before NHK she didn't even have a second event.
    Nor Kiira had a second event until Carolina withdrew, so it is pretty amazing what she achieved this season. And I don't want to see anyone else instead at this final! It is her first final, in 2010 she was the first substitute but no one withdrew then. It is her big chance, I don't think she will continue skating after the Olympics, she even said that last season she considered retiring because of her injuries that didn't let her compete at her true level. I am happy she continued but if she is again injured... I am afraid she will not continue. She always made the wise decision and protected her health with the price of losing big competitions as she did last year when she didn't attend worlds. If she thinks she can't do what she did at the GP events she will probabaly withdraw:(. As much as i love her I don'twant to see her finishing last with a disasterous performance due to illness. Not another Alissa Czisny whom I also love very much but I never agreed with her decisions of continuing in spite of illness.
    I like Mirai, but with both Julia and Kiira out this final is much more weaker.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Totentanz View Post
    Is there enough time for Mirai to compete in Sochi? Last year Adelina couldn't replace Mao because of timing. But I remember that was just the day before short program, right?
    It is too late. Now less than 16 hours before team leaders meeting.

Announcement of GP
    The skaters/couples placed 7 – 9 of the Senior Grand Prix ranking order of points must remain on stand-by as possible alternates until three days before the Opening of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final, i.e. until Monday, December 3, 2012 – noon local time Sochi, Russia.

skating philosopher
    Ah, that's too bad. Well I do hope that Kiira is able to make it.

Custom Title
    Ah, that's too bad. Well I do hope that Kiira is able to make it.
    I love very much Kiira's skating at GP Moscow (especially FS) and want very much to see her in Final.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    I love very much Kiira's skating at GP Moscow (especially FS) and want very much to see her in Final.
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with Kiira being there. I do like her skating a lot this season and didn't object to her win in Russia.

Custom Title
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with Kiira being there. I do like her skating a lot this season and didn't object to her win in Russia.
    If Kiira can compete - it is good that she will compete.
    If not - it is not good that place will be lost.

Last I heard (yesterday) Kiira will be at GPF. She missed several days of training due to a back injury and then she got a virus.
    She said she is not 100%.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Last I heard (yesterday) Kiira will be at GPF. She missed several days of training due to a back injury and then she got a virus.
    With what you said Kiira is reporting, it sounds like the responsible thing for her to do would be to have withdrawn and let someone who IS 100% compete.....What good will it do her OR her career if she either A) withdraws at this point, making it too late to bring in an alternate or B) competes and bombs.

I wish her all the best, but it sounds like she may be experiencing "wishful thinking" in thinking she can compete in her current condition.

Custom Title
    As far as i know competitions shedule, all skaters now (04 Dec about 23:00 Sochi time, the same as Moscow time, UTC+4) all skaters should be in Sochi, in hotel.

But https://twitter.com/Rayhaneh28/statu...49620938088448
    Finnish press reports that Kiira Korpi has been ill and only resumed training this WE - she is expected to be flying there on Wed #gpf2012

I just hope she doesn't have a Czisny-like competition, it was just horrible to see Alissa bombing last year...

Medalist
    Actually this might be a good sign for Korpi. She won her first National title and her first European medal in similar circumstances, competing with low expectations after an injury and/or illness.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast