Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2012 GPF qualifiers: Ladies

I feel really sorry for Julia, hope she will have a quick recovery!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    [COLOR=#000000]2012 GPF qualifiers:
    Ashley Wagner (USA) and Mao Asada (JPN) top the Ladies’ standings. They are the only ones to qualify with two victories.
    Yes, Ashley was really the best at Events.
    Superior stability and very good presentation are her advantages. Not so excellent jumping content and skating skills - disadvantages.
    Because of these disadvantages, she may be not first in Final.
    Akiko, with her good jums (I remember how she jumped at NHK - really "effortless throughout", good exits, I was really happy to see it) and realy nice skating, Kiira (good jumps, nice skating), Liza (who restores now) - they all may pretend to gold. Ashley too, of course.

But Mao's place in standings is result of unadequate judging. Her corrupted jumps, if adequate judging, would leave her out of Final.

Quote Originally Posted by HR4 View Post

Yes she is. She fell during practice on Wednesday. She has split her chin and got a slight concussion, so doctors recommended her to withdraw. Such a pity! I am totally upset(
    It's good to read when a skater follows doctor's advise. Hope she recovers easily and quickly so not too much of the season is lost.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    It's good to read when a skater follows doctor's advise. Hope she recovers easily and quickly so not too much of the season is lost.
    All that's left for Julia this season is Russian Nationals and Junior Worlds. Since Julia is too young for Europeans and Worlds this year, the GPF was to be her Worlds for the season. I imagine being forced to withdraw from this competition is a huge disappointment for her :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post

But Mao's place in standings is result of unadequate judging. Her corrupted jumps, if adequate judging, would leave her out of Final.
    According to who?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    According to who?
    According to any eyes with possibility to see.

Update: I love very much famous skater Mao Asada with her three 3A (two in combos) at Olympics-2010 and many other excellent skatings at many competitions.
    But if I see skater with only three triples in FS, I can only wish this skater to restore, not to have high place for such a skating.
    Jumps are not the all in figire skating, but they are half of the all. For good place must be both - good jumps and good non-jumping.
    Last edited by AlexRus; 11-30-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    All that's left for Julia this season is Russian Nationals and Junior Worlds. Since Julia is too young for Europeans and Worlds this year, the GPF was to be her Worlds for the season. I imagine being forced to withdraw from this competition is a huge disappointment for her :(
    I'd much prefer her to miss out on one or two competitions and regain full health than hastily come back and injure herself further and (worst case scenario) end her career early. Concussions are not to be taken lightly.

Rinkside
    you have good arguments but why resort to hyperbole?
    winning with 3 triple jumps is indefensible but saying that she should be out of the finals is quite a stretch, imo.

Update: I love very much famous skater Mao Asada with her three 3A (two in combos) at Olympics-2010 and many other excellent skatings at many competitions.
    But if I see skater with only three triples in FS, I can only wish this skater to restore, not to have high place for such a skating.
    Jumps are not the all in figire skating, but they are half of the all. For good place must be both - good jumps and good non-jumping.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    galapagos, Welcome to Golden Skate! Post long and often.

considering the news out of football (American) today - concussions need to be taken more seriously in all sports IMO. Yes football and hockey are more aggressive, but I'd bet a lot of concussions go undiagnosed in figure skating. A lot of the falls we see seem wicked to the spine and head. I really wish the ISU and national federations would take it more seriously.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Poor Nora Hoffman had a terrible time with a concussion for example (Hoffman & Zavozin HUN)

Denis Petukhov, too, when he and Melissa had their career ending fall. She was sore, but he was far worse.

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan! blue dog's Avatar
    I read on the previews article that Kiira may withdraw? Does anyone have an update on her condition?

Korpi, the surprise winner of the Cup of Russia, is scheduled to make her first appearance in the Final. It is unknown whether or not the European silver medalist will compete due to a back injury. Should she withdraw, American Mirai Nagasu would be next in line to compete.
    That would be quite the interesting development, especially as it means Mirai might get to go to GPF, which would be amazing considering that up until two weeks before NHK she didn't even have a second event.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast