Quote Originally Posted by gkelly
However, what I love is to watch programs that are choreographed to use edges, steps, turns, and highlight moves in a coherent whole, with the jumps woven in as highlights within the fabric of the program rather than set off as isolated elements.
To me, this describes Suzuki's performance.

Re-watching, only the last triple Lo+2T had perhaps too long and straight a straight set-up. The highlight elements perfectly complemented the choreography. A bird -- specifically, a sandpiper (a kulik in Russian ) -- dancing along the sea shore, then popping up in the air now and then, as sandpipers do.

The Eurosport guys commented on the pure technique of her jump entries in a favorable way, and I agree.

For the rest of the performance, I cannot name each of the steps and turns she did, but her feet were always moving. I thought she did fine overall in the transitions department.

This is not to deny that Mao Asada is among the all-time greats at putting her mastery of skating skills to the service of the music and choreography. But this performance -- not her best.