Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Was Suzuki twice a victim of underscoring and pageantry in PCS?

Banned
    ^ Don't worry, Toni. There are no rumours, they are good long-term friends, just like all Team Japan, and both are single. Dai is simply too good to be single, that's why many people so depserately want to tie him with this or that skater. It's not for the first time, not for the last. And it's actualy quite normal for a popular guy.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    ^ Don't worry, Toni. There are no rumours, they are good long-term friends, just like all Team Japan, and both are single. Dai is simply too good to be single, that's why many people so depserately want to tie him with this or that skater. It's not for the first time, not for the last. And it's actualy quite normal for a popular guy.
    LOL I think the point is we shouldn't be talking about it, rumor or not! But yes, I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to be tied to Dai, regardless.

FWIW. When I type in "Daisuke Takahashi" the first thing the autofill Goodle does is "Daisuke Takahashi girlfriend." So yes many are curious.

I love reading that article about the "skating aunties" who follow him around. http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...takahashi-fan/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    When I type in "Daisuke Takahashi" the first thing the autofill Goodle does is "Daisuke Takahashi girlfriend." So yes many are curious.
    Nice try, Mrs. P! When you type in "Patrick Chan", the first thing it shows is also "Patrick Chan girlfriend".

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Nice try, Mrs. P! When you type in "Patrick Chan", the first thing it shows is also "Patrick Chan girlfriend".
    I don't think anyone is saying people are only interested in Daisuke's girlfriend and no one else's. Quite irrelevant for you to bring up Chiddy

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    What's more curious is that the third search result that pops up is "Patrick Chan shirtless." Hm...!

Anyway, sorry to be off topic people. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by starryxskies View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying people are only interested in Daisuke's girlfriend and no one else's. Quite irrelevant for you to bring up Chiddy
    I could care less about either skater's dating life. But yes, I didn't bring up the search result to say that he had the most interest. Just noting something I encountered while I was looking up the WSJ about Daisuke's auntie followers.

Anyway, that was really nice of Dai to be for Akiko. I can imagine how upsetting that would be to do so poorly after having so many good skates this season.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 12-24-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Let's remember that rumors of skater's private lives are not fodder for GS. Let's keep to the topic.
    Aw but it would be so adorable for them to be a couple

If you type in Michelle Kwan, #2 is "Michelle Kwan engaged" and #4 is "Michelle Kwan net worth."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    If you type in Michelle Kwan, #2 is "Michelle Kwan engaged" and #4 is "Michelle Kwan net worth."
    Apparently men are looking for a sugar mama

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Apparently men are looking for a sugar mama

Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Aw but it would be so adorable for them to be a couple
    And it would be great if they retired, married, toured together and then opened up their own training center, which produces skater after skater with the quality of programs and musicality that they've shown. All of that totally has to happen now.

Also, "boyfriend," "girlfriend," "dating," and "married" are all very common search suggestions when you go to google a skater's name. I know this from extensive experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    FWIW. When I type in "Daisuke Takahashi" the first thing the autofill Goodle does is "Daisuke Takahashi girlfriend." So yes many are curious.
    I tried that with Brian Joubert and got "tumblr" (meh) and "underwear" (not surprisingly). Speaking of Brian, there's video of him and Florent Amodio comforting Nathalie Pechalat backstage after she and Fabian Bourzat fell in the FD at 2011 Worlds, kind of similar to Dai and Akiko - and Pechalat is definitely not dating either of them. A lot of the skaters know each other well, are quite close and understand what it's like to deal with disappointment.

BTW, Robin Szolkowy netted me "tights" and "girlfriend".

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    Also, "boyfriend," "girlfriend," "dating," and "married" are all very common search suggestions when you go to google a skater's name. I know this from extensive experimentation.
    Suuuuure. (Just teasing!)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14