Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Suzuki twice a victim of underscoring and pageantry in PCS?

skating philosopher
    I think Akiko's mistake on the lutz is because she's working on getting the right edge. She singled the lutz at Worlds last year as well. I admire Akiko for working on her flutz and hope she has it mastered over the season.

Custom Title
    The answer is yes! And we really shouldn't bring anybody's looks into this serious discussion.

As much as I love Akiko, she does need to work on her in betweens and transitions between jumps and really have the performance for the whole program. Sometimes she does zone in and focuses on the jumps and then goes to the artistry.

I love the costume but I think she can have another costume which is more beautiful for her.

I am just happy for her and for having the skate of her life in the NHK trophy Her program is one of the best I've ever seen! I do hope she keeps the momentum and confidence.

Her Kill Bill program is getting better and better as well! Hope she does really well at the GPF, Nationals and Worlds!!!! She is a superstar!

If we add her 2 personal best scores- she would score around 194.13

I think all in all, this bodes well for her

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    As much as I love Akiko, she does need to work on her in betweens and transitions between jumps and really have the performance for the whole program. Sometimes she does zone in and focuses on the jumps and then goes to the artistry.

I love the costume but I think she can have another costume which is more beautiful for her.

I am just happy for her and for having the skate of her life in the NHK trophy Her program is one of the best I've ever seen! I do hope she keeps the momentum and confidence.

Her Kill Bill program is getting better and better as well! Hope she does really well at the GPF, Nationals and Worlds!!!! She is a superstar!

If we add her 2 personal best scores- she would score around 194.13
    I am glad to see you are seeing what Akiko needs to work on. If she improves on these two aspects by the next time they meet in competition, even if Mao skates better than today, I cannot be certain she will necessarily beat Akiko.

I do love Akiko, Ashley and Mao!

I think Ashley is the favourite to win!

Ashley has been sensational all season. With Ashley there is no break in the character- she is Delilah and what a mighty Delilah she is! Mao also transforms into a swan.

Akiko is nearly there as a peacock :P

If we compare it in terms of birds and PCS- I think the swan would win over the peacock :P

It may turn out to be a battle of the birds! Who knows when it matters the peacock would win

Custom Title
    I think all in all, this bodes well for her
    .... How?

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    .... How?
    In that skating fans the world over will storm Cinquanta's citadel and demand that he give her a gold medal!

Banned
    Don't forget Suzuki skated in the 1st group that might impact her PCS a bit. She is unique because she is the only lady skater who shows versatility in choreography and performance.

Custom Title
    had to watch it again!!! thanks. It is a gem of a program and she skated it wonderfully today!

It's interesting that she and Ashley have a similar opening - it made me think that Ashley better hurry up and make that double axel double toe a 2X3 toe. The two of them both of amazing programs - can't wait to see them compete them together.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    had to watch it again!!! thanks. It is a gem of a program and she skated it wonderfully today!

It's interesting that she and Ashley have a similar opening - it made me think that Ashley better hurry up and make that double axel double toe a 2X3 toe. The two of them both of amazing programs - can't wait to see them compete them together.
    Ashley will probably get destroyed at worlds. She has no 3+3 in sp while at least 6-7 other ladies can land 3t+3t. If Wagner can't skate in the last group in lp, she's toast.

Welcome, Suzukifan. Post often, post long, (We Akiko fans have to stick together. )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    Ashley will probably get destroyed at worlds. She has no 3+3 in sp while at least 6-7 other ladies can land 3t+3t. If Wagner can't skate in the last group in lp, she's toast.
    Can? Yes. Will all? Unlikely. Will all compete? Nope.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast