Bona Fide Member
Translated Interviews with Plushenko & Mishin. Is he going to NRW?
One of his last interviews:
"I recently returned from Germany, where I had scheduled medical examination. I had a little surgery - they put the catheter in my back, cleaning the spine. So now I need to control...... For me, the near future - is the championship of Russia, and then, most likely, the European Championship. Next - let's see.
- Your coach Alexei Mishin mentioned the event in Dortmund.
- I think that the first purely sporting start of the season for me would be, after all, the Championship of Russia. I will not be in a hurry, to go to some small event - just go to the Championship of Russia. We decided to do all, like in last season."
- It turns out the issue with the World Championship 2013 is closed?
- No, it is not closed. I'm just used to focus on the the nearest goals. Now I think only about the Championship of Russia. After Sochi - I will start thinking about the European Championships. And after him - the World Championship. Everything should be decomposed by shelves.
- In what stage is the work on yours programs?
- We have now a new methodology. I many times a day skated entirely short and free programs. Yes, this is a major burden - both, physical and emotional. That's why we changed a little preparation. I work with a trainer on general physical training, a former sprinter Vitaly Balykin. Just today, for the first time, I go to work with kickboxing coach. I also swim - also with the coach. I try to study and drive in training new metods. Now, this is not just a figure skating, where there is always work at the same muscles, than different sports, which allow me to develop harmoniously.
- You follow the results of the international season?
- Of course - I watch all the major competitions. Greatly added the Japanese, they have in the team now, four or five athletes at the same, a very decent level. But that there is such skater, which I saw and can say "Wow" - no. Yes, there are good athletes. I would be interested to compete with them. I love all the new, love to conquer, to do what no one else did. I like it, no matter how is it difficult."
Last edited by plushyfan; 11-25-2012 at 06:33 AM.
Bona Fide Member
Interview with Mishin, Zhenya's part
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figuresk ... ews/26463/
Alexei Mishin: "Period of offenses for Zhenya and me passed long ago. I'd say, actually we never had such a period."
- Will Evgeni Plushenko compete in Dortmund?
- The decision hasn’t been made yet. Recently, in Germany Zhenya underwent a preventive procedure under general anesthesia, after which he missed a week of training. We understand very well that we need these competitions both for ranking points and for the experience. And just to show that the person is alive. After all, except the test skating, nobody really saw him. But on the other hand, I do not want to send Zhenya to fight while he is unprepared. It is one thing - to show short fragments in the show, and quite another - to skate the entire program. It requires a different level of readiness. Actually, later I plan to organize special small competitions here in St. Petersburg, invite serious athletes, judges, and check Evgeni at work.
- Recently Plushenko has a jubilee. And at the Birthday show in St. Petersburg you gave to your student a picture (portrait) of himself and his wife.
- Zhenya is a wealthy person. To give him a watch, a ring, or even a car is no sense. He came to such a period of his life when he doesn’t have to buy cars - companies are fighting for the right to give it to him. Why did I give such a picture? His wife Yana is shown in it as a guardian angel. In connection with the anniversary I was often asked what I’d like to wish to Zhenya. I wish him as an athlete wins, there is nothing to explain. And I wish him as a man, as a person to have a good family - surely with Yana. Of all the women he met on his life's way, she is the most appropriate person.
- They say you have not been in Moscow for his birthday party.
- I just arrived from Canada, and on the following Saturday I had scheduled practices. That's why I didn't go. I considered that it would be right.
- Did not you worry that Evgeni would be offended?
- Time of offenses passed long ago. Actually we never had such a period, in my opinion. For most people it is typical in case of failure to transfer the blame to the time, the music, the ice, the pants which bothered. For Evgeni it is absolutely not typical. That's a rare feature for a high-class athlete, and generally for a person. Even at such a difficult time for us, as, for example, Salt Lake City, I did not hear from him a single reproach.
- And after Vancouver?
- And after Vancouver I did not hear it either.
- And is it typical for him to blame himself?
- If he blames himself, it is not in the format of public statements. Each difficulty generates additional forces in him. Now, for example, Zhenya understands very well how high will be the level of competition which is waiting for him in Sochi, and therefore he increases the demands to himself, his working ability. Also I would like to say about age. It seems 30 is much for an athlete. But I still can not find any indication of the coordination oldness in Zhenya. And if you look at his attitude to sport, at what is called the fun of skating – really, there is this fun in him. Often, if something does not work out, Zhenya starts to jump on two feet, fool around, tease. There is visible unspent youth in him. And now it may be, even more than during the Turin Games. Then he was less cheerful and dynamic.
- You said you do not like parties and celebrations. But Plushenko seems to like to be in the spotlight. On this basis, you never had a tension?
- That's just a delusion. His wife belongs to the field of show business, and there you can not go into the woods and live in a tent. This world can not exist without a certain number of magazine articles, television stories and so on. But as an athlete Plushenko selects channels of communication very tough.
- The decision that he will skip the Worlds this season is final?
- If it's possible, I won't answer this question.
- I'll ask in a different way. At the Worlds in men's figure skating Russia will be represented by only one skater. And it will depend on his result how many athletes our country will be able to have at the Sochi Games. Naturally, many hope that Plushenko will change his mind and earn two or even three spots for the home Games. Are you pressed because of this?
- We need one good spot, not two or three bad ones. That is our position.
I adore Mishin, he is fantastic, smart, funny, interesting..
Bona Fide Member
Last edited by plushyfan; 11-25-2012 at 06:36 AM.
Simply the best.
Thanks, plushyfan! It is the most important that Plushy takes his time healing and preparing. I love his attitute towards just about everything. He is a wise man. So no need to worry or rush.
Bona Fide Member
Yes, plushyfan, thanks for posting these great interviews!
I don't see any real talent buried by judges now, including Plushenko. He always follows the system, OJS or NJS, and as a real sport he never gives up his quads. This is what he believes and treasures as true competitor.
His believes in quad jump brought him silver medal in Vancouver, which proved he was right! This is very good example for Russian saying:" laughing the one, who laugh the last".( Chan and his coach need to take notes)
As long as he continues to skate and to improve, same time follows the system it will be hard to surpass him. No one in men field right now has such maturity, polish and finished movements as Plushenko. It doesn’t come over night, over year, it comes with age and very hard work on a top of the talent.
Good example Plushenko follows system all the time would be these a few performances and he gets standing ovation in France, Japan, England, Italy at his age 20, 27, 30:
OJS -6.0 Respect ABC for comments
NJS after 2010
Plushenko this month
Bona Fide Member
Originally Posted by bestskate8
2006, Torino his SP
The commentators: "New system at its best"