Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Podium Wishes for GPF

Pairs - I'd like Pang and Tong to win. I'm not feeling Volosozhar and Trankov this season, and I was never feeling Bazarova and Larionov. I'm comme ci, comme ca about Kavaguti and Smirnov. I would say that I'd like Duhamel and Radford or Moore-Towers and Moscovitch to win, but that's so unlikely. It would be nice if one of those teams (or both.. dare I hope?) could medal though. I think Duhamel and Radford have a better chance.

Dance - I'm fine with either Virtue and Moir or Davis and White winning, whichever one skates better. Ideally, I'd like Pechalat and Bourzat to win but we all know no one is going to beat the top two so I'll hope for a P and B bronze medal (which is very likely how it'll end up ).

Men - I'd like Takahashi to win, or Chan. I just don't want Hanyu to win because he annoys me and his skating doesn't have the maturity of a champion yet. His SP is very good, but his long is usually too much of a disaster to be a champion's long. My personal favourite is Takahashi but I would be totally fine with Chan winning, too. I'm pretty sure the podium's going to be those three, although of course someone else could pull an upset (Kozuka?).

Ladies - Ashley for the top of the podium! I want her to have her dream season, culminating in a win at the World Championships! It's nice to see someone CONSISTENT winning. I want Akiko to win silver and I guess Mao for bronze. I'd be ok with those two switched around, too, as long as the switcharound reflects what the ladies actually did on the ice. I'd rather the youngsters not win medals this time around, but if one does I'd rather it be Liza instead of Julia. Julia's skating just looks very juniorish still and doesn't appeal to me.

What do I WISH?
    MEN
    1) Chan
    2) Hanyu
    3) Fernandez
    LADIES
    1) Asada
    2) Wagner
    3) Korpi/Liza
    PAIRS
    1) Pang/Tong
    2) Kavaguti/Smirnov
    3) Denney/Coughlin
    DANCE
    1) Virtue-Moir
    2) Davis-White
    3) Cappellini-Lanotte
    I know that this is pure imagination because it won't happen that V/T are out of the podium in Russia, the same for Lipnitskaya, unless she bombs...

Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    1. Asada
    2. Akiko
    3. Julia/liza

after having to withdraw last season due to Mao's mother illness and death that followed shortly after, nothing would make me happier then seeing her winning the GPF this season!
    The same for me, especially because she hasn't competed at the GPF since 2008...

Banned
    In my perfect placement would be:

Pairs
    1 Volosozhar/Trankov
    2 Kavaguti/Smirnov
    3 Pang/Tong

Ice Dance
    1 Davis/White
    2 Virtue/Moir
    3 Bobrova/Soloviev

Men
    1 Hanyu
    2 Kozuka
    3 Takahashi

Ladies
    1 Mao
    2 Julia
    3 Liza

Tripping on the Podium
    It's already not a perfect world for me (no shibs, Nagasu, S/S in the final ), but here's what would happen in my semi-perfect world:

LADIES
    1.) Wagner
    2.) Suzuki
    3.) Asada

MEN
    1.) Fernandez
    2.) Chan
    3.) Hanyu

PAIRS
    1.) Pang/Tong
    2.) Kavaguti/Smirnov
    3.) Volosozhar/Trankov

DANCE
    1.) Davis/White
    2.) Virtue/Moir
    3.) Bobrova/Soloviev

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    What do I WISH?
    MEN
    1) Chan
    2) Hanyu
    3) Fernandez
    LADIES
    1) Asada
    2) Wagner
    3) Korpi/Liza
    PAIRS
    1) Pang/Tong
    2) Kavaguti/Smirnov
    3) Denney/Coughlin
    DANCE
    1) Virtue-Moir
    2) Davis-White
    3) Cappellini-Lanotte
    I know that this is pure imagination because it won't happen that V/T are out of the podium in Russia, the same for Lipnitskaya, unless she bombs...
    Denney/Coughlin won't be there.

MY DREAM PODIUM:

1. V/T
    2. K/S
    3. B/L

1. Tuktamysheva
    2. Lipnitskaya
    3. Suzuki

1. Takahashi
    2. Hanyu
    3. Machida

1. I/K
    2. B/S
    3. V/M

Just a dream.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    This is tough. I need tie's and multiple gold medals to be really happy here!

Men:

1. Takahashi
    2. Kozuka
    3. Hanyu

That said, I like Javi too and think he'd deserve a medal here, and Patrick has a gorgeous FS this season which deserves some nice medals too. So if I could, it would be:

1. Takahashi
    2. Kozuka/Hanyu
    3. Fernandez/Chan

Now I feel a little sorry for Machida, oh well...

Ladies:

Most of all, I want Mao to get herself together and skate two beautiful programs. I don't care so much for an edge call or even one or two UR's, but no popping jumps hopefully. With that, she could completly rightfully get herself a win here. On the other hand, I want Akiko so much to medal here... so for me:

1. Asada/Suzuki
    2. Asada/Suzuki
    3. Liza - because she's such a lovely little fighter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post

1. I/K
    2. B/S
    3. V/M

Just a dream.
    that's a heck of a dream alright

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    Denney/Coughlin won't be there.
    I made a mistake, so my fantasy bronze medal would be D/R!
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    This is tough. I need tie's and multiple gold medals to be really happy here!
    Me too!

Tripping on the Podium
    MEN
    1) Patrick
    2) Dai
    3) Fernandez

LADIES
    1) Ashley
    2) Akiko
    3) Mao/Liza

PAIRS
    1) Pang/Tong
    2) Volosozhar/Trankov
    3) Duhamel/Radford

DANCE
    1) Virtue/Moir
    2) Davis/White
    3) Pechalat/Bourzat

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    that's a heck of a dream alright
    I know! I did call it a DREAM PODIUM, didn't I?

The men I think will be the most interesting competition at the GPF, for me anyway.

I hope it goes (dream - not prediction!):
    1. Daisuke Takahashi
    2. Javier Fernandez
    3. Takahiko Kozuka

I would really like for Dai to win, partly because I am an uber and want him to win eveything , but mostly because with all of his accomplishments, he has never won a GPF. Actually, no Japanese man has won a Grand Prix Final, yet, which is kind of hard to believe considering they have four men in the Final this year. But Dai was the first Japanese to win Jr. Worlds, the first to win Worlds, and I would like to have him be the first to win the Final. I love Javier's free skate and I would love to see him continue to do well, so it would be wonderful if he finished second. Not a huge fan of either Chan nor Hanyu, and they win enough So, that's why I have Kozuka in for bronze.

Ladies wish would be:
    1. Ashley Wagner
    2. Mao Asada
    3. Akiko Suzuki

Ashley is my favorite lady this season, and I really want her to have success. I've always loved Mao and I want her to fully come back, especially after withdrawing last season. I like Kiira, but there is just something about Akiko that makes me cheer for her, and I hope she gets at least a bronze.

For dance, I would actually like Pechalat/Bourzat to win. Between D/W and V/M, though, I prefer D/W. However, I really like V/M's FD this season. Hope it goes - 1.D/W 2.V/M 3.P/B (that is unless P/B can pull a major upset.)

Pairs, I am a big fan of Volosozhar and Trankov, so I would like them to win. Second I like Pang/Tong, and then Duhamel/Radford for third.

Ladies
    1. Suzuki
    2. Korpi
    3. Wagner, because I admire her dedication but am kind of over her skating
    I love Mao, but she's been amply rewarded already this GP season.

Men
    1. Kozuka
    2. Hanyu
    3. Fernandez
    Dai needs to be off the podium so that he can reflect upon his error in dumping his awesome Wilson/Camerlengo programs in favor of the crap he's skating to this season. Chan needs to be off the podium because it will be more interesting that way.

Pairs
    1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
    2. Volosozhar/Trankov, it would be so funny if they just miss out. Maxim's emo drama would be a sight, I am sure (sadly this will never happen, I anticipate a world record)
    3. Pang/Tong, because if they're wrecking their bodies they might as well get something out of it.

Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir, because it's about time - even though their FD is vulgar
    2. Pechalat/Bourzat, even though their FD is underwhelming
    3. Davis/White, because it will be entertaining to see them in such a position on the podium

3. Davis/White, because it will be entertaining to see them in such a position on the podium
    History tells us they would be nothing short of gracious, express their disappointment in a classy way, and blame only themselves. I guess that would be entertaining.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast