PAIRS
1) Pang/Tong
2) Kavaguti/Smirnov
3) Denney/Coughlin
DANCE
1) Virtue-Moir
2) Davis-White
3) Cappellini-Lanotte
I know that this is pure imagination because it won't happen that V/T are out of the podium in Russia, the same for Lipnitskaya, unless she bombs...

Denney/Coughlin won't be there.

DianaSelene

Medalist
MY DREAM PODIUM:

1. V/T
2. K/S
3. B/L

1. Tuktamysheva
2. Lipnitskaya
3. Suzuki

1. Takahashi
2. Hanyu
3. Machida

1. I/K
2. B/S
3. V/M

Just a dream. :)

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
This is tough. I need tie's and multiple gold medals to be really happy here! :yes:

Men:

1. Takahashi
2. Kozuka
3. Hanyu

That said, I like Javi too and think he'd deserve a medal here, and Patrick has a gorgeous FS this season which deserves some nice medals too. So if I could, it would be:

1. Takahashi
2. Kozuka/Hanyu
3. Fernandez/Chan

Now I feel a little sorry for Machida, oh well...

Ladies:

Most of all, I want Mao to get herself together and skate two beautiful programs. I don't care so much for an edge call or even one or two UR's, but no popping jumps hopefully. With that, she could completly rightfully get herself a win here. On the other hand, I want Akiko so much to medal here... so for me:

1. Asada/Suzuki
2. Asada/Suzuki
3. Liza - because she's such a lovely little fighter :)

naan

Rinkside
MEN
1) Patrick
2) Dai
3) Fernandez

LADIES
1) Ashley
2) Akiko
3) Mao/Liza

PAIRS
1) Pang/Tong
2) Volosozhar/Trankov
3) Duhamel/Radford

DANCE
1) Virtue/Moir
2) Davis/White
3) Pechalat/Bourzat

Butterscotch17

On the Ice
The men I think will be the most interesting competition at the GPF, for me anyway.

I hope it goes (dream - not prediction!):
1. Daisuke Takahashi
2. Javier Fernandez
3. Takahiko Kozuka

I would really like for Dai to win, partly because I am an uber and want him to win eveything :), but mostly because with all of his accomplishments, he has never won a GPF. Actually, no Japanese man has won a Grand Prix Final, yet, which is kind of hard to believe considering they have four men in the Final this year. But Dai was the first Japanese to win Jr. Worlds, the first to win Worlds, and I would like to have him be the first to win the Final. I love Javier's free skate and I would love to see him continue to do well, so it would be wonderful if he finished second. Not a huge fan of either Chan nor Hanyu, and they win enough :) So, that's why I have Kozuka in for bronze.

Ladies wish would be:
1. Ashley Wagner
2. Mao Asada
3. Akiko Suzuki

Ashley is my favorite lady this season, and I really want her to have success. I've always loved Mao and I want her to fully come back, especially after withdrawing last season. I like Kiira, but there is just something about Akiko that makes me cheer for her, and I hope she gets at least a bronze.

For dance, I would actually like Pechalat/Bourzat to win. Between D/W and V/M, though, I prefer D/W. However, I really like V/M's FD this season. Hope it goes - 1.D/W 2.V/M 3.P/B (that is unless P/B can pull a major upset.)

Pairs, I am a big fan of Volosozhar and Trankov, so I would like them to win. Second I like Pang/Tong, and then Duhamel/Radford for third.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Ladies
1. Suzuki :love:
2. Korpi
3. Wagner, because I admire her dedication but am kind of over her skating
I love Mao, but she's been amply rewarded already this GP season.

Men
1. Kozuka
2. Hanyu
3. Fernandez
Dai needs to be off the podium so that he can reflect upon his error in dumping his awesome Wilson/Camerlengo programs in favor of the crap he's skating to this season. Chan needs to be off the podium because it will be more interesting that way.

Pairs
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
2. Volosozhar/Trankov, it would be so funny if they just miss out. Maxim's emo drama would be a sight, I am sure (sadly this will never happen, I anticipate a world record)
3. Pang/Tong, because if they're wrecking their bodies they might as well get something out of it.

Dance
1. Virtue/Moir, because it's about time - even though their FD is vulgar
2. Pechalat/Bourzat, even though their FD is underwhelming
3. Davis/White, because it will be entertaining to see them in such a position on the podium

CassAgain

On the Ice
3. Davis/White, because it will be entertaining to see them in such a position on the podium

History tells us they would be nothing short of gracious, express their disappointment in a classy way, and blame only themselves. I guess that would be entertaining.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
History tells us they would be nothing short of gracious, express their disappointment in a classy way, and blame only themselves. I guess that would be entertaining.
Actually, history tells us nothing of the kind, but I will refrain from pointing out specifics as that's not what this thread is about. Let's just say that it's not as hard to be classy and gracious when you're winning. FWIW, I do believe that they would never have a Trankov-style whiny reaction.

I, for one, would love to see a bit of a shakeup in the ice dance. V/M have never won the GPF, P/B haven't beaten D/W in years. Sounds entertaining to me. If your version of entertaining differs, feel free to share it. I'm not going to apologize for not being a fan of Davis and White and not picking them higher in a dream podiums thread.

SkatingWizard

Spectator
My dream podiums? You mean the ones with no basis in reality?

Ladies: Wagner, Suzuki, Tukt

Men: Hanyu, Kozuka, Machida (Yes, I know this is one of the least probable dream podiums ever, no Chan, no Takahashi, no Fernandez...but I can dream)

I don't really follow the pairs that much, so I won't comment on that one. And for dance, I'm gonna go with my country and say Davis/White!

bibi24

Final Flight
Men:
1- Takahashi
2- Hanyu
3- Chan

Ladies:
1- Mao

Dance:
1- Shibs

Pairs:
1- Pang / Tong

yqs100

On the Ice
MEN
1) Dai
2) Patrick
3) Hanyu

LADIES
1) Asada
2) Akiko
3) whatever

PAIRS
1) Pang/Tong
2) K/S
3) Duhamel/Radford

DANCE
1) Virtue/Moir
2) Davis/White
3) Pechalat/Bourzat

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Men-now decided Fernandez, Dai,Kozuka

Ladies Akiko, Ash, Kira -Kira needs confidence for Euros/Worlds.

ID still conflicted as in pairs...Would love to see movement in ID-upset and pairs as well.

I guess for ID I'd be happy with Marlie, P/B and Voir

Pairs-meh-just no one with great programs-V/T for gold-still don't care about other 2 spots much.

IleK

On the Ice
Ladies 1. Akiko - after watching for the first time her LP this season I said I want her to win worlds this year, so this would be a big boost for world gold.
2. Ashley - I wouldn't mind her winning gold but I want her to fight like Akiko did and have a long and beautiful career, so she should qualify for at least 2 more GPF and at least once win gold.
3. Kiira - she is my favourite lady and if I want Akiko to win worlds, I want Kiira to win Euros, so this will give her confidence.

Men 1. Daisuke - because I still love him despite his awful programs that I really dislike, but if he skates clean i might like it. and as one of his fans wrote before, I also want to be the first japanese man to win GPF
2. Machida - I am in love with his programs (Lambiel used to be my favourite skater before Dai) and I think he deserves much more atenttion from the japanese federation and it would be a pitty not to see such beautiful programs at worlds.
3. Yuzuru - he is an exceptional kid and he totally got me last year at world and as in Dai's case I am not crazy about his programs this year, I like his Sp though, and being this young I expect him to qualify for every GPF from now on and win as many gold medals. After Dai retires, he will definetely be my fav japanese skater from those 5 that i like now:)

Pairs... I don't know, I am not that interested. I used to like Yuko and Alexander before Tatiana and Maxim showed up, but now I am a little disappointed in both of them. In first ones because they don't seem to move on and in second ones because this season they haven't skated clean yet (as they did last season) and they won too much for what they skated, especially in CoR. But I do like their programs and I would like them to win but only with a perfect skate.
Ia am not crazy over Vera&yuri either. I liked them better last season. I am not also impressed by the chinese couple and I totally dislike Duhamel&Radford but I really like Kirsten and Dylan. So... I think 1. Tat&Max, 2. Vera&Yuri, 3. Kirsten&Dylan it would be close to a dream.

Ice dance...exactly the opposite, I like too many pairs and it's hard to decide. I usually am a fan of Virtue&Moir but this year I also like Meryl&Charlie. Then, I always liked the french couple and it is impossible not to like them because they become better and better each year. But those for whom I have a soft spot are Anna and Luca. So: 1. Virtue&Moir, because they never won a GPF and they deserve it, 2. Meryl&Charlie because they afford to take only silver:), 3. Anna&Luca, because I want them to break through and now is the moment, I want them on the european podium just behind Nathalie&fabian (who already have a bronze medal and can afford not to take one this time and win gold at Euros and maybe silver at Worlds).

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Men
1. Kozuka - Because I want the Japanese federation to respect him more
2. Fernandez - Because I like him
3. Hanyu - Because of the xenophobia against him
4. Chan - Because I want him to improve technically, which he won't unless he gets beaten repeatedly
5. Takahashi - Because I want him to leave Morosov
6. Machida - Because this line-up is pretty sick and someone has to be last

Ladies
1. Suzuki - see Kozuka
2. Wagner - Can you imagine the drive she'd get from losing this?
3. Tuktamisheva - Because I'd like to see her emerge as the Russian number one if Sotnikova can't
4. Korpi - Why not?
5. Asada - Why not?
6. Lipnitskaia - For all her talent, she doesn't quite appeal to me. She feels very junior, which means I feel bad being negative. But after insane rotation speed and awesome flexibility, she doesn't offer much.

Pairs
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov: Greatest programs of this line-up
2. Duhamel/Radford: The most technically challenging programs of the line-up
3. Moore-Towers/Moscovitch: At least indicate Nationals will be a competition and not a rout
4. Pang/Tong: Meh
5. Voloszhar/Trankov: Because I loathe the direction they've went in
6. Bazarova/Larionov: 'cause someone has to be last, and again - many positive qualities, but boring programs

Dance
1. Virtue/Moir: Because they have the greatest programs of the line-up, because they are the greatest skaters of the line-up, because they haven't won before (blasted injuries)
2. Davis/White: Anything less suggests they had a disaster. Don't want that.
3. Bobrova/Soloviev: Most improved team of the year.
4. Pechelat/Bourzat: One awful program, one mediocre one, but pretty people skating to Rolling Stones. I'm okay with that.
5. Cappellini/Lanotte: Why not.
6. Ilynikh/Katsalpov: Two disastrous programs.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I agree that Davis/White would be gracious in defeat, as they have been in the past. :yes:
An example for Buttercup: I hope that you have seen the wonderful video of D/W seizing their first opportunity to congratulate Virtue/Moir at the Vancouver Olympics. Before the medal ceremony, V/M were in the middle of a TV interview when D/W needed to walk by (on their way to some kind of holding area, I think). At first, D/W must have paused out of camera range, but Moir spotted them out of the corner of his eye -- and as he continued to answer a question, reached toward Davis, who sweetly slipped forward to give him a warm hug. White came up behind Virtue to surprise her with her one, and he laughed, "I'm sorry ... we couldn't wait!" Then the guys hugged each other as their partners did the same. A class act of mutual affection and respect shared among all four. (V/M in turn clearly were highly appreciative of D/W's happiness for them -- all the more, I believe, because V/M felt genuine compassion that their friends had come so close themselves to winning. Moir esp. had a hard time letting go of Davis, as if he partly wanted to silently comfort her that the gold had been just barely out of D/W's grasp.)

In any case, Buttercup, be careful what you wish for. Second or third place at the GPF only would give D/W even more motivation to win Four Continents and Worlds. And WTT.

Dance:
1- Shibs

I'm sad for the Shibutanis that they did not qualify for the Final this time. Better luck to them next year -- and for the remainder of this season.

Last edited:

Macassar88

Medalist
It would be hilarious if Ilinykh and Katsalapov won!

Hoping for the dance podium to be
Virtue Moir
Davis White
Bobrova Soloviev (I'd like to see them one step higher even, but we all know that's not gonna happen)