2012 NHK Pairs Long Program LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2012 NHK Pairs Long Program LP

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Congrats to Vera and Yuri. I love both their programs this season. Their lifts look stunning as well as the triple twist. They really have to work on the sbs jumps though. I think I could watch Vera all day. Just look at her posture and lines!
Scimeca & Knierim are a lovely couple. Wonderful team for the future :love:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
while I am no B/L fan, I will give that their lifts look effortless and Vera has lovely triple twist

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT

1. Vera BAZAROVA / Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 192.02 Free Skate
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 180.63 Free Skate
3. Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 174.51 Free Skate
4. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 163.10
5. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 162.25 Free Skate
6. Lindsay DAVIS / Mark LADWIG (USA) - 143.70
7. Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 121.53 Free Skate

Last edited:

CassAgain

On the Ice
It looked like B/L were about a half beat apart from the start of the program through the first jumping pass, and then they got on track.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
ITA. I can remember Bechke/Petrov skating to "Spartacus", and it was heartwrenching, with tender moments between then, then her begging him not to go and he resolute to join the fight. B/L could have been skating to Nutcracker, and they would have looked exactly the same.

Yeah, and Bechke and Petrov weren't exactly the most expressive Russian pair either. Them being more expressive than Bazarova/Larionov says a lot about how flat B/L are, since a lot of people felt B/P were boring (in comparison with G/G, M/D).

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I see no connection between B/L's skate and the music. I don't know if they know what concepts/feelings/images they are supposed to/want to portray through their dance. Vera's so called beautiful posture is beginning to annoy me too. It's as though she is wearing some sort of armour underneath.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Their IN mark shouldn't be anywhere near the 7.79 they got (although it IS their lowest component). There just isn't any interpretation whatsoever in their FS.

Mao88

Record Breaker
PAIRS FREE PROGRAM - VIDEOS & RESULT (Updated)

1. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 192.02 Free Skate
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 180.63 Free Skate
3. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 174.51 Free Skate
4. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 163.10 Free Skate
5. Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA & Alexei ROGONOV (RUS) - 162.25 Free Skate
6. Lindsay DAVIS & Mark LADWIG (USA) - 143.70
7. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 121.53 Free Skate

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
IMO, going into the FS they fully expected to win since B/L's margin in the short was so tiny. But they didn't skate well, and it wasn't just his fault. I could see sadness or disappointment, but anger?

ETA: Dylan seems to be struggling a bit with the lifts. Has Kirsten grown bigger?

I think that's more the new positions and entries they're trying. They've used one position for what, three years? I actually think Kirsten is slightly smaller this year if anything.