Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NHK Pairs Long Program LP

On the Ice
    Got here in time for M/R. Looked like she doublefooted every throw, and why can't any pair team perform sbs spins in anything resembling synchronization. Sorry, I'm cranky because I haven't had my coffee yet.

Banned
    None of the Russian pair's element was clean. No fall though. They shouldn't score higher than the Amercian pair.

Some bobbles from M&R, but pretty nice polish. Guess they'll be dropping a bit though.

Custom Title
    Really was hoping that M/R could lay down a clean program. They are so beautiful! And while she didn't fall she put her second foot down on all the throw jumps. She also doesn't jump very high on her single jumps. She rotates very quickly but without just a little more lift she barely squeaks out landings.

It's such a pity because pairs that skate as beautifully as they do are rare.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Improved on their personal best by about 6 points, but still, behind S/K in the FS and overall wow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    It's such a pity because pairs that skate as beautifully as they do are rare.
    Beautiful?? They had some complicated transitions but I wouldn't call it beautiful. Their skating is not smooth, not natural.

Banned
    Bad skate by the American pair but they were very fast. They should score over 110.

I'm liking this program from Castelli and Shnapir, and those lifts. Not sure if they can hang on with the mistakes.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    112 and change for C/S, puts them into 1st. They'll medal for sure now.

Custom Title
    I assume that pairs is the least popular event, and there is no Japanese entry. so people can leave fit het choose to skip it without missing out one of the other three. quite considerate IMO, especially for out of town audience.

iove the last US pair.

BTw, why so many people ware masks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachmaninoff View Post
    I'm sticking around to watch pairs, since I couldn't keep awake to watch the other events live.

Doesn't strike me as that unusual to have one event left on the last day, but I'm wondering why it's pairs, of all things. Japan doesn't have a strong pair here, and it isn't exactly a top-class field either, so it's not like there's an anticipation factor.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by suzukifan27 View Post
    Beautiful?? They had some complicated transitions but I wouldn't call it beautiful. Their skating is not smooth, not natural.
    I find her positions in lifts gorgeous and he is very expressive when he skates. And together they have command over the ice. As well, their programs have always been gorgeously choreographed ever since they were in juniors. The stop and go is due to jump mistakes.

Banned
    Weird fall by the Canadian. They should hang on to 2nd place though. I bet 116+. They always peak too early in a season.

Not that great from the Canadians, but I think it should go into first. I think they probably lost out on the gold though, and I can say that quite confidently before seeing Bazarova and Larionov skate.

Got here to see most of MT/M. Was I the only one who thought that last lift looked a little shaky?

Not sure how the beginning was but what I saw was excellent. I really like these two! I do think B/L will go into first barring tragedy though.

Custom Title
    Mt/M had a rough skate. Did he double the second triple toe? She doesn't look happy at all. Lots of little mistakes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast