Thread: Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang

Custom Title

Cheng Peng & Hao Zhang

I love their choreography. I love their death spiral. They deserve a fan thread.

Custom Title
    Their throw landings are soft, and their lifts are just incredible (many people can do the difficult positions, but Hao Zhang makes it look effortless and secure).

Their SP was great at CoC. I managed to catch the last half of their LP just now. Yes, I found out they had errors through replay, but I never would've known about them from the way they skated that other half.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Their SP is my favorite program this season

Custom Title
    I hope they have clean free programs later in the season. I really want to see them do well! Their short program is also my favorite program of the season. It's one of Lori Nichol's best works from the past few years.

Custom Title
    Their exhibition to Notre Dame de Paris: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAtJ0-GQbt8

I did not notice they had no fan thread! Of course the need one.

Peng is a person I immadiataly felt sympathy for, cause she is as myopic as me. ... I do worry a bit about her axels, but I am sure ther coaches will fix that soon.

Custom Title
    ^Oh... I didn't know that. Does she wear contacts for competitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    ^Oh... I didn't know that. Does she wear contacts for competitions?
    Yes, I think she has to. Based on the decrease of her eyes through her glasses she has something betwenn -3 und -4,5 dpt I guess. With that it would be hard for her to see Hao´s face, even if he stands beside her...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuan View Post
    Yes, I think she has to. Based on the decrease of her eyes through her glasses she has something betwenn -3 und -4,5 dpt I guess. With that it would be hard for her to see Hao´s face, even if he stands beside her...
    Ah, thanks for the info! I guess going in without contacts would be a challenge.

Jason Brown can't see either, and he doesn't wear contacts, so I guess it can be done.

Ohhh I didn´t know he was wearing glasses. ... Hmmm, I think it is dangerous, though he doesn´t need as much lens power as Cheng, he is quite myopic.

But back to Cheng and Hao: I really like her SP dress this season and that hairband suits her a lot.
    Last edited by Kuan; 11-14-2014 at 03:47 AM.

Custom Title
    I was just rewatching their Short Program from 2014 Worlds. So good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoag7XgushI

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BounceAround View Post
    I was just rewatching their Short Program from 2014 Worlds. So good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoag7XgushI
    I loved that SP. Though the commentators really stole the show at the end. "They've got great chemistry despite the age gap." "A bit like you and me, actually."

Custom Title
    Their free skate at the Grand Prix Final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j27127qNREI

They actually beat Sui/Han (and Kavaguti/Smirnov) in the free. They ultimately placed fourth. Had they skated in the second group, I think their PCS would've been even higher (it's not so bad right now--they're less than a point short of Kavaguti/Smirnov and actually beat K/S in two PCS categories).

Cheng Peng singled her axel, but she nailed the 3T-2T. This more than anything is a hopeful sign to me.