Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mari Vartmann & Ruben Blommaert

0 Not allowed!

Mari Vartmann & Ruben Blommaert

Pair skaters Mari Vartmann & Ruben Blommaert represent Germany. Vartmann was born in Neuss, Germany, on Dec 25, 1988, while Blommaert was born in Bruges, Belgium, on Mar 5, 1992.

This is their first season together and they just finished second in the short program at Nebelhorn! Let's talk about how promising they are!

Biographical and Other Information

ISU Biography

Mari's Wikipedia
    Ruben's Wikipedia

Mari's Instagram
    Ruben's Instagram
    Facebook Page

Programs

Season 2015-2016
    SP Stranger in Paradise performed by Sarah Brightman; choreo by Mark Pillay
    FS Somewhere (from West Side Story) by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by Mark Pillay

2015 Cup of China SP
    2015 Cup of China FS

2015 Coup de Nice SP
    2015 Coup de Nice FS

2015 Nebelhorn SP
    2015 Nebelhorn FS

Exhibitions

I Put A Spell On You- Cup of China
    2015 Nebelhorn Exhibition

Articles

September 2015 - V/B Hope For Strong Start
    Last edited by tulosai; 11-08-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Tripping on the Podium Princessroja's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Really liked their short program here. I wasn't a fan of previous partnerships for whatever reason, but I like this one!

ETA: I just looked up Ruben's former partnership and now I remember them from last year. I liked them just fine--but I definitely like this partnership better.
    Last edited by Princessroja; 09-24-2015 at 11:11 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princessroja View Post
    Really liked their short program here. I wasn't a fan of previous partnerships for whatever reason, but I like this one!

ETA: I just looked up Ruben's former partnership and now I remember them from last year. I liked them just fine--but I definitely like this partnership better.
    I am kind of the same- I never really liked either that much, but never really had anything against them either, but honestly thought they were pretty mediocre skaters, and then was VERY pleasantly surprised today!

I am excited to see what they can do in the LP

0 Not allowed!
    Me too! As much as I'd like them to keep the silver, I'm kind of thinking it won't happen... Granted, I haven't been a FS fan very long, but I have been noticing a pattern of teams doing great in the short and then falling apart in the free, especially new teams. Hopefully it won't happen to them.

Keep calm & twizzle on Layback11's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    LOVED their SP today! Incredibly impressed that they're such a new team...I will definitely keep watching them!

0 Not allowed!
    Well, they finished a respectable fourth I think their West Side Story program actually has a lot of potential if skated cleanly. I am still really looking forward to seeing these two progress this season!

0 Not allowed!
    Totally agreed!

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to these two on their first GP- Cup of China has invited them to fill the vacancy there!!

http://static.isu.org/media/1002/gp_pairs_15-10-12.pdf

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Congrats to these two on their first GP- Cup of China has invited them to fill the vacancy there!!

http://static.isu.org/media/1002/gp_pairs_15-10-12.pdf
    Excellent news, hope they continue to progress!

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats to these two on their Cup of Nice SP! They lead the field after the short

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUbf...4w0GF&index=23

Columnist

0 Not allowed!
    GS logged me out, I had a translation for you and all was lost upon posting it *grrr*

Anyways, here we go again The quote after Nebelhorn

Source

Hi everyone,

our first competition is over and we did what we wanted to do, starting with a great performance, and this we did in our SP. Unfortunately a few errors crawled into our FP, but we are still happy with the result.

For the both of us, this was a huge step forwards and after all, we left a few points on the ice, so ... With these thoughts we will go back to practice on Tuesday and try to fix what went wrong.
    Thanks a lot for the great support, the crowd was fantastic and if you have any comments about our programs, let us know please.

We also want to thank our coaching team, Maylin and Daniel Wende, but also Danielle Montalbano who tortured us every day so that we could get back into shape. You did a great job and without you guys, all of this wouldn't be possible. Thanks also to the German, Bavarian and NRW Skating Federations and the Düsseldorfer "Eiskunstlauf-Gemeinschaft" - it makes us very happy to be supported as a new pair.

Thanks to our families and friends who support us every day and of course all the fans out there, especially from the "Paarlauf Fanclub".
    It was a great competition and we are looking forward to our next.

Until then,

Mari and Ruben
    Ill keep an eye open if they post about Nice
    Last edited by Alex D; 10-17-2015 at 12:44 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    GS logged me out, I had a translation for you and all was lost upon posting it *grrr*
    *Tip*

Not sure if you are aware but if you get logged out or leave a thread mid post...You can click "restore auto-saved data" once you return to the thread. It's in the bottom right of the text box in the grey area. Of course it's an auto save so I'm not sure how frequent the save is but I've found if I'm going to leave a thread but want to preserve a post I'll click "preview post" then leave...then when I return to that thread I can pick up where I left off.
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 10-17-2015 at 12:44 PM.

Columnist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Not sure if you are aware but if you get logged out or leave a thread mid post...You can click "restore auto-saved data" once you return to it. This comes in handy if you go to post and get logged out and end up somewhere else on the forum.
    Noo! I didn't know that!

So you are telling me, there are ways to not always type stuff twice if the first gets lose? ^^ *laughs*

Thanks for letting me know, I just tried it - wow this is amazing, thank you a million times! :D I lost content so often, especially when I post from my phone! Thanks!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    Noo! I didn't know that!

So you are telling me, there are ways to not always type stuff twice if the first gets lose? ^^ *laughs*

Thanks for letting me know, I just tried it - wow this is amazing, thank you a million times! :D I lost content so often, especially when I post from my phone! Thanks!
    Before I figured it out I used to 'copy' everything before I would post then paste it back if I got logged out. Then one day while I was sending my boss a work related text I attempted to paste a financial plan but instead I accidentally pasted a Mao Asada video and me gushing about from a GS post and sent it.

Fortunately for me I'm quite likable at work and my boss said it was a nice program and they agreed with my gushing but...how about that financial plan for the event.

Sorry for the

I owe this thread a nice post or two to make up for my rambling
    Last edited by Sam-Skwantch; 10-17-2015 at 12:53 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Before I figured it out I used to 'copy' everything before I would post then paste it back if I got logged out. Then one day while I was sending my boss a work related text I attempted to paste a financial plan but instead I accidentally pasted a Mao Asada video and me gushing about from a GS post and sent it.

Fortunately for me I'm quite likable at work and my boss said it was a nice program and they agreed with my gushing but...how about that financial plan for the event.

Sorry for the

I owe this thread a nice post or two to make up for my rambling
    That is so funny!

And Alex D, as always a BIG thank you for the translation!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast