Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Li Zijun

Custom Title

Li Zijun

This is a thread for Li Zijun (李子君) of China.

Her name can be pronounced as Ztze - Juen two separate word in Chinese Mandarin, and she shares the surname Li as the legendary Bruce Lee Hope she will become the next big star for China, as well... they could really do with one!

ZiJun put on a life time best at the recent NHK 2012 and brought best results for Chinese Ladies for over a decade at age 15 breaking the key 170 barrier with a total score of 174.11.

She had the 2nd highest TES score at her FS with the biggest jump combination 3F+3T of the day where she received good GOEs and 10.60
    She ranked 2nd in TES for her SP as well where she had a 3T3T combo, 2nd highest combo only to Akiko's 3T3T.

Her choreographers includes
    - Karen Kwan
    - 2011/2012 SP Jiang Hailan, LP David Wilson.
    - Current season Jiang Hailan SP "Dark eyes", Lori Nichol LP "Sleeping Beauty".

Her favourite skater is
    - Yuna Kim

Her Wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Zijun

Her Baidu (Chinese Wiki)
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/2816812.htm

Her own weibo (Chinese twitter/blog)
    http://t.qq.com/lizijunangel

Her fans weibo
    http://www.weibo.com/u/1528896735
    http://q.weibo.com/914651

Her instagram
    http://instagram.com/lizijunn

Obviously she is still very young, and physically she is not quite there yet (power, speed, strength etc) but there's a quiet sweetness and serenity about her skating that I really like and is a lovely foundation to build upon. With more life experience her expressions will improve (just like the Russian super babies). She along with BingWa and KeXing are the Chinese skating future for the ladies. Hope they will do well.
    Last edited by os168; 11-25-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Tripping on the Podium
    Thanks for the information, os168!
    I really like Li Zijun. Her jumps look great, she's very pretty and lovely on the ice
    She reminds me of 16-year-old young Yuna who was very pure, endearing, and fragile. I think she has a lot of potential. Hope she can be on the podium soon.

Tripping on the Podium
    The information of her choreographer is out of date. Karen Kwan was her choreographer in season 2008-2011.
    In 2011/2012 her SP was choreographed by Chinese choreographer Jiang Hailan and LP by David Wilson.
    In this season, Jiang Hailan choreographed her SP "Dark eyes" and Lori Nichol choreographed her LP "Sleeping Beauty".

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by xiangfuzi View Post
    The information of her choreographer is out of date. Karen Kwan was her choreographer in season 2008-2011.
    In 2011/2012 her SP was choreographed by Chinese choreographer Jiang Hailan and LP by David Wilson.
    In this season, Jiang Hailan choreographed her SP "Dark eyes" and Lori Nichol choreographed her LP "Sleeping Beauty".
    No wonder her LP choreography seems so generic. I think Karen Kwan was a better choreographer for her. Loved the program she did to the "Up" soundtrack.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by xiangfuzi View Post
    Thank you, someone need to update her Baidu
    I will correct the intro post.

Custom Title

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    They look good together!

Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Hanyu looks so serious with that tie... But they are SO lovely!!

Custom Title
    I think i have became fan of her too. Her jump is great and she sell the program well + she is super cuteeeee.

Custom Title

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post

(that guy at the back seems to think so too )
    Last edited by os168; 11-26-2012 at 11:19 PM.

Li is very pretty. Oh well... many ladies figure skaters are pretty. There is a softness in her and her skating. Hope she continue improving and podium in the Worlds in future. It will be good for China to have a world class lady figure skater. It will help to promote figure skating in China. Good luck Li. See you more often in the grand prix competitions and world stage.

Tripping on the Podium
    Zijun has just won her third Nationals in Dec 21 with a total score of 175.10 points.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thank you for posting xiangfuzi!

Is there by chance, a video of her Chinese Nationals programs?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast