Li Zijun | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Li Zijun

randomfan

Record Breaker
I hate those kinds of people. They have no right to talk like that to an athlete working hard. Just because Zijun isn't doing too well currently doesn't mean she should be quiet and gloomy while at a banquet. Not everybody can be perfect all the time.

Barb

Record Breaker
and I think this season she was better, last season was a nightmare. People forget she grew a lot, even Yulia with few cm more has a lot of problems with her jumps.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
new article about Zijun , its interesting she might take lutz out from her program, i hope she will fix it in time because without lutz its really hard to be on top, but regardless of lutz, i hope she can keep her momentum she had this year and keep getting better and more consistent :cheer:

Edit: opps there is already a thread about this article :slink:

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
read the article, so Zijun's new SP will be a lyrical music with some emotions. And she likes slow waltz tempo.
Although I am all for skaters coming out of their comfort zone and challenge themselves. but perhaps for Zijun, baby steps is better. Hope with waltz tempo she can show us a really great feel of rhythms (I do like her flower waltz, she showed some level of pacing and energy in that). And learn better use of arm tension and dance phrase in her lyrical SP.
if she take out her lutz completely next season. I wish she can be consistent with all her other tech elements. and working on lutz in practice. Without Lutz, she will not be competitive as we all know.
but I cannot expect too much. just wish she can improve all the time and leave some great programs for fans.
Zijun as the only lady skater for Team China currently, she will have a very long skating career. so there is time for her to patiently improve.
Zijun has a dancer's body type but she hasn't show any particularly special talent of dance. i wish she can learn from Wenjing Sui.
During their preparation of WTT K&C dance, Zijun posted on her weibo that she started to love dance. I hope this newly found love of dance can blossom some how in the future.
also hope she can solve her stamina issue and gain some power.
:cheer:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am never a fan of anyone taking tech out, but problem Liza's strategy this year worked well and hard not to take note, for going for a simpler layout for most of the season in order to go consistent proved to build up her PCS enormously, then build up the tech. The gap between early in the season to end of season was so wide, not even a few triples even the 3A can make the difference. It gets crazy, so others have no way to catch up unless they can build up their PCS too and manage their risk that way.

For example, the 15+ points difference in their PCS that separate them is still mind boggling. IMO, too big of a difference. That's worth 2 extra 3lz right there.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ Liza's plan worked,(PCS increase irrelevant to ss/tr/ch/pe/in) because 1, she is Russian, 2, the No.1(not compete) and No.2(disastrous) Russian lady are not doing well. She is the best and most mature of the 3 Russian ladies (the other 2, one is a pre-puberty girl and the other one seems puzzled after one fall). Therefore, they of course picked her. In the beginning, they seems still decide between Liza and Radio, after 3A,it is absolutely Liza.
Even if zijun is consistent and doing her current lay-out all clean this season, I don't think she will get as huge a PCS boost as Liza.
next season will be interesting, cannot wait to watch how they play the game.

I dont expect Zijun to win big or podium. I has lost interest in placement, scores etc. long time ago.
I just wish Zijun can improve steadily. If take out 3lz, and working on edges in practice is helping her the correct lutz technique, I will fully support her. Like Jason said when he put a quad in his program, it means he is 100% mastered that technique and will be like his 3A, once it is out, it will be consistent. When Jason put the quad in his SP during 4CC due to media pressure. it obviously failed.
Another example is Mao Asada, during her years of technique change, she still have to compete so many competitions and put not mastered new technique out in every competition, that's the reason, so many mistakes, and she never mastered true lutz.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
zijun's new program will still be Lori, she said that in interview(and similar programs as last season), IIRC. Maybe an ex from David? I wish she can branch out a little to other choreographer a bit, not only Lori.
Sui probably is getting new program from DW.
Team China only worked with Lori and DW in Canada.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Looks like she's having a good time in Canada with Team China :biggrin: Do we know if she has anything lined up for the summer? Shows?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Shopping cart fun!!!!!

What's Gracie doing in Toronto or is Zijun somewhere else?

Relative proportion always surprise me and juggle my impressions.

1) I didn't know Zijun's head is bigger than Gracie.
2) I didn't know they are almost the same height, I have always thought Gracie is much much taller.
3) Kids sure grow up fast don't they. Feeling old saying this.

4) I know nothing... well..... not everything!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^Gracie has a very small head, I noticed that from her WTT banquet photos as well (with many skater friends:biggrin:) which is quite contrary to my old impression of her.
And it seems Zijun is as tall as Gracie now.:biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Trying to enjoy the off-season the best I can... :sarcasm:

Here's Li Zijun skating to the 'Tidus Theme' from the remastered/arranged FFX OST:

http://youtu.be/_zw19B2J-O4
love love this edit. especially the blade sound which become prominent yet harmonious with the serene background music.
the first figure skating fan edit with this idea I have ever seen.
Well done!:love::eek::
to be honest, "I dreamed a dream" is a song that became a little tiresome for me during last season (beautiful song but been used by too many my fav skaters). With this fresh fan edit, I will watch Zijun's rendition many times more.
Music indeed plays a huge role in terms how people perceive a performance.

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks! :biggrin: Yes, I re-watched the video again today after a full night of sleep, and I kept thinking, "Those blade sounds could be scaled back a bit." I didn't want to break immersion by just throwing a loud song over the top of a video... the ambiance of a performance needs other realistic sounds to prevent it from feeling cheap or unrealistic (or just plain lazily done). Also, I don't want to make things seem too realistic as to be deceptive (especially to 'casual' viewers who may not know what's going on).

Another member here, Unite, has done quite a few fan edits recently. They were mostly Yulia Lipnitskaia edits, but a few others have been done too.

I made another fan edit today with Satoko and "Eyes on Me". I think I scaled back my blade usage a bit more appropriately on this one. ;)

Last edited: