Li Zijun | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Li Zijun

yyyskate

Record Breaker
something about Johnny/Tara commentary is that they seems always always so cold and indifferent to skater's performance, when they commentate, they seems did not watch performance at all. just blah blah their way through skater's performance(whatever they need to say in that period of time). whereas other commentator usually, change tones accordingly, and at least appeared that they were indeed watching/appreciating skater's performance while commentating, regardless their opinion.

randomfan

Record Breaker
something about Johnny/Tara commentary is that they seems always always so cold and indifferent to skater's performance, when they commentate, they seems did not watch performance at all. just blah blah their way through skater's performance(whatever they need to say in that period of time). whereas other commentator usually, change tones accordingly, and at least appeared that they were indeed watching/appreciating skater's performance while commentating, regardless their opinion.

So true. I remember watching Mao Asada at 2010 Worlds and Tara kept mentioning Yuna Kim in almost every sentence. I am a fan of both Yuna and Mao but it's Mao's skate so she should focus on the performance.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Awww as if I don't love Alissa enough, she said such nice things about Zijun on The Skating Lesson's latest review about upcoming ladies world championships.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
me too, totally surprised me. Alissa brought Zijun out into the discussion. A big thank you Alissa! zijun deserves the attention for her talent and the first Worlds in China.
on the contrary, Han was completely forgotten, which makes me sad.

I feel that, Chinese skaters deserve more attention in western world. figure skating is not all about drama...

yyyskate

Record Breaker
zijun's recently interview about worlds. important info.
she is positive in her current training condition including working with new coach.
Her main target of training is to improve her stamina. her jump consistency is actually good in practice. but she does not have enough stamina towards the second half of program. therefore she does not have enough energy to do the jumps. even if she can do it very well in practice.
She felt lonely at times in practice or international competition, because she is the only one currently in China's lady's discipline.

I guess full or double run-though is needed for Zijun then. Good luck.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
zijun's recently interview about worlds. important info.
she is positive in her current training condition including working with new coach.
Her main target of training is to improve her stamina. her jump consistency is actually good in practice. but she does not have enough stamina towards the second half of program. therefore she does not have enough energy to do the jumps. even if she can do it very well in practice.
She felt lonely at times in practice or international competition, because she is the only one currently in China's lady's discipline.

I guess full or double run-though is needed for Zijun then. Good luck.

She did really well at her last competition, and making positive progress for her come back from the growth spurts and injuries. It is encouraging she confront her weakness and making honest acknowledgement towards them, instead of those who typically brags about going to ace everything and they have no technical problems AT ALLL!! Hopefully it left a good impression on the judges and she will gain PCS slowly but surely. I have felt Asian skaters are really undermarked this year for some reason... including Zijun. Sometimes people confuses humility and honesty with weaknesses, they couldn't be more wrong.

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
So true. I remember watching Mao Asada at 2010 Worlds and Tara kept mentioning Yuna Kim in almost every sentence. I am a fan of both Yuna and Mao but it's Mao's skate so she should focus on the performance.

I remember Tara's comments about Mao were very critical in the SP at 2010 Worlds and it made me angry, but she was very complimentary towards Mao in the LP.

I agree that Tara could have been more complimentary to Zijun during her LP at 4CC's. I always try to watch a skater for what they are doing at that moment not their reputation. And in my view, Zijun gave the best performance. I really didn't like Tara's comment about Zijun not selling it because I really thought she really did. I really think Zijun deserved better treatment from the judges too. Speaking of Mao, Johnny did give Zijun a nice compliment when he said that Zijun reminded him of a young Mao Asada probably because Zijun's one handed Biellmann is like the one Mao did when she was about 15, but she is really graceful too.

One of my biggest wishes at Worlds this year is that Zijun skates two great programs at home in China that inspire people and hopefully makes a lot of them cry. That to me would be worth more than a medal, which I still really hope she gets despite the long shot odds.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One of my biggest wishes at Worlds this year is that Zijun skates two great programs at home in China that inspire people and hopefully makes a lot of them cry. That to me would be worth more than a medal, which I still really hope she gets despite the long shot odds.

I agree completely! I'm pulling so hard for this girl but I just want to see her skate well. Medals are nice and all but I'm afraid they are almost entirely a reflection of jump technique these days. Those who create magic moments win the hearts of their fans and share a bit of themselves that can not be measured in precious metal :)

Good Luck Zijun :cheer:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

Lovely! :love: The judges couldn't help but give a valid credit to her this time if she performs as much as did she at 4CC.
I really hope that she excels in her home country.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Zijun's flow in and out of her jumps is incredible. If she manages to rotate them and land on one foot, I hope they're well rewarded in GOE, and not held back because she isn't one of the top contenders.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Zijun! Congratulations for the top 6 in home! :cheer:
I like her FS much more than SP, so really hope she does well in free as well!

Macassar88

Medalist
She skated beautifully! Hopefully in the future she can keep up those performance qualities and also get her combo around! I know she's done it in the past so I'm confident she can do it in the future
But for now I hope she skates a clean free and can move up even more in the standings!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Zijun is such a lovely skater. So happy for her to have held up before the home crowd, being the only representative in her event, and brought her game. Hope she gets even better in the LP with all the support.