Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mishin Slams Skating Judges

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Mishin Slams Skating Judges

http://en.rsport.ru/other_sports/201...632871103.html
    “The score for components often doesn’t reflect the true skill, but the time the athlete has spent in the figure skating world,” he said.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    Unfortunately ,Rep still counts , though maybe not as much as it used to , and I thought Suzuki was royally robbed at NHK.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    “The score for components often doesn’t reflect the true skill, but the time the athlete has spent in the figure skating world,” he said.

So it should favour Plushenko and Suzuki. And not Hanyu and Fernandez.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    He didn't say it. You misunderstood him.
    Last edited by plushyfan; 11-26-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    You recall, of course, that Suzuki was sidelined for a significant period of time while dealing with a severe eating disorder, and was never her federation's favorite afterward. It took her a long time to get herself noticed, nationally and internationally, and her reputation does not correspond to her age and experience. Plushenko has skated one full season out of the past seven, so what does that tell us? Because when it comes to PCS, it's kind of you snooze, you lose. Except maybe if you're Shen and Zhao coming back for the Olympic season.

Fernandez is now in his seventh season skating senior events. His reputation has been built up gradually and his federation and coaches has played it smart. It helps that he's talented.

I do agree that Plushenko has at times been overmarked. I don't agree that he has been as egregiously overmarked as some skaters, and he has not won anything he didn't deserve.

I said PCS looks at 'control your blade in relation with the whole body as it co-ordinates itself to the music'. By this, I mean that three discrete things are examined in PCS:

1. skater's control of blade
    2. skater's whole body movement
    3. skater's co-ordination to the music

So not just SS.

While these aspects are marked discretely, it's ridiculous to assume that these discrete aspects are really discrete, because the skater demonstrates all these skills together. This statement does not mean that I think everything is about SS. It's about the blade, body and musical skills that the skater has to demonstrate together that PCS marks discretely. Is that clear now?
    Last edited by hurrah; 11-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Custom Title
    This thread starter posted the same thread, same title in Fsuniverse too. And Mishin is not unknown. Why call him "Plushenko's coach"? I can't help but thinking someone is trying to stir up dirt to aim at Plushenko. If the PCS stratergy works and Plushenko is dumped on PCS, great. If it doesn't work, use the same arguement to slam Plushenko's PCS.

Mishin does praise some other skaters during the interview. He is thoughtful and respectable.

Plushenko is a "trouble" for some people because he is still not retired, still a big potential for the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    This thread starter posted the same thread, same title in Fsuniverse too. And Mishin is not unknown. Why call him "Plushenko's coach"? I can't help but thinking someone is trying to stir up dirt to aim at Plushenko. If the PCS stratergy works and Plushenko is dumped on PCS, great. If it doesn't work, use the same arguement to slam Plushenko's PCS.

Mishin does praise some other skaters during the interview. He is thoughtful and respectable.

Plushenko is a "trouble" for some people because he is still not retired, still a big potential for the podium.

Custom Title

If so, you'd think he would show up at competitions where there are real challengers as opposed to doing just the Russian Nationals (sorry, but there is no one there at the moment) and the Europeans where there is like only 1 real competitor. Why avoiding the World Championship? Is it because he is afraid of competing against the Japanese and Chan?

Tripping on the Podium
    Because R-sport or thread starter, all people who read here are more interested in Plushy than in Japanese star Mao Asada
    Last edited by Evgenia; 11-27-2012 at 10:27 PM.

Custom Title

Plushenko's coach is as annoying as Frank Carroll.

Custom Title
    Well, part of what he's saying may be true, but (a) your skills actually do improve when you have been skating longer and (b) you become more adept at skating in a way that earns more points. So I think it does reflect skill; if you ignored the jumps at NHK Mao is the class of the field. But reputation is factored in as well IMO.

Banned

LOL so he is saying Plushenko has been gifted on PCS for many years due to repuation and experience essentialy. I agree, but does he even realize that is what he is essentialy saying.

deleted post, sorry
    Last edited by plushyfan; 11-26-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Love the Russians, they are so honest!!

Worried about the Russians, they are too honest!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast